What's new

NOT "Safe to spray up till day of Harvest."!!

S

SooperSmurph

I've always been under the impression that the pyrethrin molecule breaks down extremely quickly when exposed to intense light, making organic pyrethrin products safe to use late into flower, where on earth did you get buds that still had a py taste to them? I've seen various commercial ops use pyrethrins two days before harvest without real problems, could this be because they took shop vacs to their plants the next day, between spraying and harvest?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I've always been under the impression that the pyrethrin molecule breaks down extremely quickly when exposed to intense light, making organic pyrethrin products safe to use late into flower, where on earth did you get buds that still had a py taste to them? I've seen various commercial ops use pyrethrins two days before harvest without real problems, could this be because they took shop vacs to their plants the next day, between spraying and harvest?

I can taste a Dr. Doom fogger or similar.. even if it was used 2 weeks into flower. pyrethrins suck for flavor.

No.. most people can't tell unless it was used within the last few weeks before harvest.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

S

SooperSmurph

I can taste a Dr. Doom fogger or similar.. even if it was used 2 weeks into flower. pyrethrins suck for flavor.

No.. most people can't tell unless it was used within the last few weeks before harvest.

Among my various co-workers my pallette was always considered the best, apparently I still have a ways to go :(

Have you tried more holistic non-aerosol pyrethrin products like Pyganic?

blackone

Veteran
If we're talking natural pyrethrum then much of the smell is actually because of various terpenes from the crysanthemum plant. I find it kinda pleasant... Vegetables are normally washed before consuming and don't have the same surface area a bud does.
I don't use anything after the first 2 weeks of flower - also because the pyrethrum I'm using (spruzit) contains rapeseed oil that covers the leaves and makes them shiny... I don't want that in my bud material.

emerica

this is why I love icmag so much info..
I notice I had whiteflies and I'm on week 8 of flower on a 11week strain
the hydro people sold me azamax but after reading this ill just save it for next time can I do anything to help em so late in flower?

Heusinomics

Your post is much appreciated... thank you. :)

No allergy, no rash.

I've been toking local meds for a year now... ALL of it is contaminated here in the mountains.... or at least _I_ haven't found any clean growers. *sigh* Hence the 'bio-accumulation' statement.

Seems it's been accumulating in my system for quite some time.

Turns out the gut pain is an ulcer... radiating to the back. No blood yet, so I'll be fine. Feeling better already. I'm pretty sure the active ingredient in both products is causing a seriously acidic condition in my body... nothing else I've been eating or doing has the same effect.

I don't do doctors. I'll go to a surgeon and they've been very helpful... but on the whole, doctors have done nothing but screw up my life and make my health worse. Sorry.

Thank you for posting this thread!
It is always a tough discussion but in the new age of concentrates it's more important than ever!!!
How have you seen feeling Hydro-soil?
I hope things have been clearing up!

But I do hav afew words for hydro soil.
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.... Go see a damn doctor!
You do seem to b a reasonable inteligent person. And I'm NOT discounting your experiance or troubles. You hav my sincere condolences.
But without seeing a Dr. N being checked out. Can you b sure you actually hav an ulcer and not some other mysterious pain?

Can you varify you have "bio-accumulation" of azadirachtin?
Or do you think you hav suffered exterme "sensitivity" to these products from extended exposure ?
PLEASE get some blood screenings AND/or allergy assessment done to help us all learn about the progression of this condition.
Medicly speaking it would b helpfull to know if there is a standard for measuring these compounds in people and at when conditions such as yours will present.

Making these statements/diagnosis w/o medical training is potentially dangerous to yourself and others!

How about lab testing of your and suspected contaminated meds ?

With more information we can all learn to grow better safer medicine!
Best wishes and safe smoking! ;D

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is why I love icmag so much info..
I notice I had whiteflies and I'm on week 8 of flower on a 11week strain
the hydro people sold me azamax but after reading this ill just save it for next time can I do anything to help em so late in flower?

I don't believe much of what Hydro-Soil says. Yes, question everything, including "assumed to be safe" products. But as outlined above... his logic is highly questionable.

Wow that's good to know. I wasn't planning on using it myself really but this is extremely common even in organic grows.

Then again, any addition, be it safe for human consumption or not, will get inside the plant and leave residue behind so if it's safe for your tomatos it's not by default the same for smoking/vaping whatevering it. Can't really say I ever tried to smoke a veggie either tbh lol.

Maybe extremely low amounts of green soap + garlic + onion tea or something might do the trick. Or even go without the soap cuz that's most likely unhealthy as well.
Or trace amount of nicotine as a pesticide, even if it's somewhat unhealthy for you a lot of people smoke with tobacco anyway.

A plus side of legalisation in the US is that pesticides and fungicides will rapidly be developed for smoke ingestion as well. At least, if I worked in organic farming I'd be putting my cash in a product like this for both consumer market and big industry cuz there's a lot of money to be made in this :p.

relic1981

Veteran
BTW....

This azatrol and azamax definitely bio-accumulates.

I spent 2 days not medicating and the issues went away. Got a tiny spritz of azatrol on my face (I know... like WFT are you stupid? Yeah, apparently) and I've been out for the last 2 days.... I'm pretty sure I know how the mites feel.

Vomiting a couple times... but no nausea.
Complete lack of appetite.
Hard gas bubbles in the intestines.
Constipation.
Muscle tension in both gut and back.
Chills occasionally, on the first day.

Absolutely no desire to mate. Gack!

I'm looking into alternatives that don't use neem. I'm really not interested in dealing with this anymore.

just saw this thread... i think your a bit off on this subject. neem oil has been used for thousands of years as a skin ointment and salve for rashes caused by dermititiis, excema, psorisis and other skin ailments. i use it myself for a tiny bit of excema that pops up now and then. i dont mind the smell, especially if you mix a drop or 2 of lavender oil, and my wife and sone dont seem to mind it either,

when it comes to the garden i use einstein oil through out the veg period into the 2nd week of flower at 5-10ml per liter of spray and have never had a problem or any complaints about taste or smell and i live in humboldt where things are very competitive. i have always felt the products that are neem derivatives like azamax and the others mentioned by the op are not as effective as pure neem oil or einstein oil which is mostly neem. ive never used the derivatives myself but have known people who have and their buds never taste "good". i think they spray to far into flower. thAats the great thing about neem is that its a preventative against mites and pm. if you use it before you have any problems, chances are you wont develop problems. oz of prevention is worth a lb of cure. literally in this case