What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best strain for nerve pain?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My pain originates in the cervical spine and can be, like it is right now JUST UN FKING REAL. And it was much worse 3 years ago when they had me on 6 oxycodones a day.

My nerve pain comes from the same area which then radiated down my right arm and I had pins and needles in my fingers. What has helped me is physical therapy along with e-books I found at http://www.rebuildyourback.com ( fantastic help 100% approved by my doctor and physical therapist . Chiropractors won't like what they read, oh well to that ). I don't think there's a strain out there that can match the pain relief of oxycodone. Not even in the same universe and even the strongest Vicodin is too mild for my pain. Weeds not even in the same league in that regard.

However what cannabis seems to do in my case is take my minds focus off the pain, just a little, enough for me to excercise a bit, eat better and all these things work together in reducing the level of pain, significantly in fact from living on a scale of 1-10 with 10 needing immediate surgery, living in the 8's which believe me is life in hell, down to living in the 3-5 range which is stilll, just not as hot. I have to keep at it every day. If I miss a day I pay for it. If I get lazy and don't do these excercises for a week? As we say in NJ, Fohgetabout it, it will take me weeks to get back to where I was before I stopped for that damn week which is what's happening to me right now. Conversely I am ALWAYS "sore" from excercise which shows how weak my body has become and at 58 years old it's not going to get better, it's not going to go away and it's probably not going to get any easier, probably get worse so formulate a plan and find the one that works for you.

From a cannabis product perspective, I think Tetra Labs has a great product in it's honey oil and also in the gold caps. I have one of the sprays on my desk and use it periodically and all you can do sometimes man is just hang in there. Just like there' a storm after a calm, there's a calm after a storm. How you look at it will also affect how you feel. Far as the flowers I've got everything from high cbd harlequin to monster 29+ % Platinum GSC and while they help, I still cannot go without the opiods and that means a tether to a doctor. Those in my position know what that means especially in states where it's not legal. Our "crime" is being sick and in many cases are treated like suspects.

To think that so many states would deny human beings the right for them to take care of themselves. We get what we deserve, not what we want.

oejack9

Hi Tudo, I'm in the moderate/severe Psoriatic Arthritis boat in a non legal state...aside from I do on my own..I am attached to my Dr. and the narcotics and it does suck ass in the biggest way...I never knew this crap could run through my system and invade my frickin nails of all boday parts..nor did I have a clue just how much it hurts and how much it can limit movement. The long and short of it is I wish the weed in one form or another could take care of both the inflamation and the pain..if it's out there then some one's not sharing or perhaps it's just to hard to make in a large enough quantity..I don't know man...I think that for the serious pain we need to be looking at tinctures and BHO....I understand that dry sift can get to be around 99 percent....it's a shot in the dark....but then again most advances and discoveries are just that....hard work and luck...maybe some of the smarters one's here can help or at least put in their 2 cents.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Tudo, I'm in the moderate/severe Psoriatic Arthritis boat in a non legal state...aside from I do on my own..I am attached to my Dr. and the narcotics and it does suck ass in the biggest way...I never knew this crap could run through my system and invade my frickin nails of all boday parts..nor did I have a clue just how much it hurts and how much it can limit movement. The long and short of it is I wish the weed in one form or another could take care of both the inflamation and the pain..if it's out there then some one's not sharing or perhaps it's just to hard to make in a large enough quantity..I don't know man...I think that for the serious pain we need to be looking at tinctures and BHO....I understand that dry sift can get to be around 99 percent....it's a shot in the dark....but then again most advances and discoveries are just that....hard work and luck...maybe some of the smarters one's here can help or at least put in their 2 cents.

The Tetra Labs oil is high: from their website:
""Smokable PureGold contains 93% pure natural cannabinoids, comprised of approximately 87% Δ9 and other THC isomers, 2% CBG, 3% CBN, 1% CBD, along with 2% other terpenes. Smokable PureGold also includes 5% d-limonene, a naturally occurring terpene found in orange oil and other plants, including cannabis. Testers report that limonene improves smoke-ability and improves the affect. Limonene also is an anti-oxidant and has the pleasant fragrance of oranges.""

I've had a pretty diverse assortment of waxes and while I'll agree they are helpful, for me there's also trade offs and one of those trade offs is what smoking that does to my throat. On occassion it's ok but if I do it with any regularily my throat would be like chop meat and that could become a whole new problem
rolleyes.gif

I'd like to hear more about tinctures but would these be similar to those? ( http://tetralabs.com/goldcaps.php

They're very strong . Some of the edibles are too. Have you tried the Bhang Bars? Triple strength. I didn't smoke anything for I think 3 hours after consuming a little more than the recommended......

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just as a lagniappe to my previous post, in my opinion the healthstone pipes with cooling fins are even better than a beaker full of ice. Not necessarily cooler as I simultanously think you can do a deeper inhale on the beaker with ice but that's the point, I'll inhale to a point of having a few uncontrollable cough's with the ice beaker because of the sheer amount inhaled while I won't do such a giant inhale with the healthstone and therefore it's not as destructive on my throat despite not necessaily be as cooled off. Wax or oil.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What pisses me off is we tried something called "flexeril" and it worked so well I may have ended up with tears of joy.......pain almost gone! Really. But I then had VIOLENT STOMACH pains. The twisting hurting kind that leaves you moaning outloud!

I tried them several more times, with eating, without eating, with lots of water, not a lot of water, etc etc and all produced the same results but if you all see an MD/DO, ask him/her about it and give it a shot. It just clicked with me for my pain and again I don't mean to belabor a point but I can eat the biggest Vicodin like asprin and while I can feel it sorta ( hard to believe that when this first started the vicodin knocked me out ) but as far as pain mgt lol, the pain levels are just too great. They then gave me the little oxycodones, 60mg which they told me to cut, and then reduced me to percocet when they became available. Can you believe there was a big shortage? We tried a couple other things including the flexeril but the flex blew me away with the sudden absence of pain. It was truly a joyous day. Then woke up with unbelieble twisting stomach pains.

Ahh well, truly my respect for some of you guys who make my intake look like nothing, who are on morphine or many more mg's of what I have to take. Respect to you. We live in hell together. Together one day we'll find relief.

I really believe that and I believe it will come from the cannabis community. It's just not there yet for people like me who are way up on the pain scale, in pain management etc. But when it happens It'll be from an act of love and it will move and comfort the world because of the compassion that radiates from it.:huggg:

wingdings

Veteran
Bodhi's Sunshine Daydream touts great relief for nerve pain in its description. I do not have first hand experience yet, however.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tudo, you might want to try Robaxin (methocarbamol). It is similar to flexeril, but for me it is much easier to tolerate. Flexeril never bothered my stomach, but it was like having a lobotomy. I've also got c-spine damage (as well as lumbar), and use time-release morphine with Norco for breakthrough. If you get back to the Vicodin, you might want to check out Norco - it has half as much acetaminophen, which is what will kill your liver.

lemonskunk420

ICMag Donor
Ive seen trainwreck,grape ape,and sour diesel as being good for nerve pain.I know BHO helps me alot.Plus a sour diesel hybrid i have seems to help alittle at times.The chem family and hybrids have always been my go to for pain for flowers.But when im in really bad pain i go for the BHO when its on hand.I hope to get my setup bigger soon so i can have BHO on hand all the time for pain.

yujin

I've just found indicas in better in general for neuropathic pain and sativas help with my muscle spacisity. Also, anything purple seems to be pretty good with the pain. Even if its not showing its color. I've got MS and the GDP I've got right now, is some of the most effective pain relief I've had in a while. It on the other hand, is very purple.

groog

marijuana strains good for relieving nerve pain that i know are grape ape, trainwreck and chem berry. the last two are more on the sativa side while grape is more of an indica

Starmist

Perhaps your condition is different, but I find that for my nerve pain weed does very little, if anything, to actually stop the pain. Quite often in fact it makes the pain seem more intense and puts you in a state where you just can't bear it. Opiates are about the only thing that actually stop my pain, but I'm quite sensitive to those and prefer the pain to the way they make me feel. The best thing I can recommend from my experience is to find a really nice strain that puts you in a good state of mind (like Bubblegum) and try to just sort of accept the pain as just another sensation that doesn't necessarily have to be negative. I find focusing on the fact there is no physical damage or wound helps a bit as well. Also, if you reread this after smoking the Bubblegum it might make more sense than it probably does now. =)

45th

Diabetic nerve pain here...I read a couple pages back about the Kush strains...my question.

I have Cold Creek Kush in the ground and Northern Lights, should I designate them for me and my pain? :)

I find using the vape at night when pain wakes me helps as well as a hot corn bag on my feet. I skipped the Oxy for two nights now...I can't see taking those for 10-15 years.

Will try orals when I get a chance...I'd need help with oils but I'm interested.

Sounds like many others don't care about THC but would rather get something that helps take the edge off.

Great thread!

Greenforpain

Looking for best strain for sciatica

Looking for best strain for sciatica

Nerve pain would follow under any pain strains. Mainly most injuries consist of more than one iwwu, like muscles tendences, nerves, blood vessels, etc. I find and always reccommend, a working with your doctor to find a good nerve medication. Stay away from some just my advice. Smoke heavy Indians, or Indian dominate, og kush, banana kush, any insofar dominate kush, also, Romanian, black dominia, black berry, ( Dr. jay always referred to black berry as the real white widow).I Those are great to start with. Also blueberry, and space queen, blueberries kush and anything blue berry high content of pain killing love. As a nerve degenerate disease patient. I feel Urs pain brothan. Take care. Pm me if u need any further assistance.

Hi all, I am new here but I have been dealing with nerve pain and muscle cramping , hips And u name it PAIN! I have been on butrans patch for a good while ( it's an opiate) and it worked but it is very addicting and after a while u need to increase and then increase and so. I have never smoked, smelled or even seeing a pot before and now with no other options I have turned to anything I could find and so I found cannabis to help me. Short long I have been using Phoenix tears and Motta green cream in conjuction with few Percs per day. I am also taking a lot of gabbapentin medication which is specifically for nerve pain. I am managing the pain but not great, still can't walk, stay on my feet for longer than 10 15 min. Sorry to bother u with so many details but I am looking to get rid of all other meds and get a better help with pain, as I cannot smoke or vape I am looking for a strain to make edibles and to make a cream to help with my cramps and restless leg syndrome, sciatic nerve pain and diabetes if possible. Please help with any information on how to make edibles and cream and which strain to use. thank you thank you thank you!
I have to say I am so happy to find this forum so well done and informative.