What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In 2009 GW Pharm bred GMO cannabis and has patented a new breed of cannabis.

shaggyballs

Veteran
In 2003 the German Bayer AG then signed an agreement with GW Pharmaceuticals for joint research on a cannabis-based extract. In 2007, Bayer AG agreed to an exchange of technology with . . . Monsanto . . . . Thus Monsanto has discreet access to the work of the cannabis plant and its genetic modification. In 2009 GW Pharmaceuticals announced that it had succeeded in genetically altering a cannabis plant and patented a new breed of cannabis.

Is this true?

I was told over and over it is not.
They are working with monsanto/Bayer.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/07/08/monsanto-bayer-and-the-push-for-corporate-cannabis/

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/tag/monsanto/

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-w...r-and-the-push-for-corporate-cannabis/5534771

The next stage in continuing this control is in the regulation, licensing and taxation of Cannabis cultivation and use through the only practical means available to the corporate system, which is through genetic engineering and patenting of the Cannabis genome.

shaggyballs

Veteran
"It looks like dope, but really it's hope," explains the proprietor, American entrepreneur David Watson. What he means is that many of these plants have been specifically bred not to produce an intoxicating resin or hashish.

Indeed, HortaPharm hopes to thwart the aims of the average recreational user.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/cannabis-a-year-that-changed-minds-1200871.html

The above statement makes it clear that HortaPharm and its known associates absolutely oppose the average recreational user.

HortaPharm is only interested in developing female plants that are sterile, to protect their genetic copyright.
It is more than time to spread the truth of GW Pharm with their more than 700 patents, granted or pending, on cannabis, cannabinoids, oil extraction and the like.

We need to stop believing these folks are on our side.
They are not!

shaggyballs

Veteran
Medicinal Genomics has been taken over by Courtagen Life Sciences (a McKernan family story as they are all brothers) and Courtagen Life Sciences is working hand in hand with GW Pharm.

Second point. Here is what Kevin McKernan, owner of Medicinal Genomics, says about GM cannabis (in "Genetically Modified Marijuana: the future of medical cannabis"

It’s going to have to be a fairly regulated market,” McKernan says, “and regulation is going to come through genetics and fingerprinting of which strains are approved.”

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... sure hope they come up with something good for the recreational market while they're playing around!:bigeye:

J

jaded1

Of course GW pharma are very far away from being on our side.If they had their way there's would be the only cannabis products people could use,cant be charging the ridiculous prices they ask for their products when people can make a similar product for themselves at a small fraction of the cost.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
"It looks like dope, but really it's hope," explains the proprietor, American entrepreneur David Watson. What he means is that many of these plants have been specifically bred not to produce an intoxicating resin or hashish.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/cannabis-a-year-that-changed-minds-1200871.html

The above statement makes it clear that HortaPharm and its known associates absolutely oppose the average recreational user.

HortaPharm is only interested in developing female plants that are sterile, to protect their genetic copyright.
It is more than time to spread the truth of GW Pharm with their more than 700 patents, granted or pending, on cannabis, cannabinoids, oil extraction and the like.

They are not!

18 years and Sam's claim to fame is Sativex and Epidiolex which have been shown NOT to be game changers compared to FECO style extracts.

Oh and he also ruined skunk, so there's that too....

And the top secret so pure it would make your momma's eyes bleed dry sift that only ten people on the planet can smoke it hash.:biggrin:

In the mean time guys popped Bagseeds and found plants so good we still prefer them decades on.

If only we could get a little science here people we can discover the cheapest adulterated schwagg most of you will accept.

shaggyballs

Veteran
18 years and Sam's claim to fame is Sativex and Epidiolex which have been shown NOT to be game changers compared to FECO style extracts.

Oh and he also ruined skunk, so there's that too....

And the top secret so pure it would make your momma's eyes bleed dry sift that only ten people on the planet can smoke it hash.:biggrin:

In the mean time guys popped Bagseeds and found plants so good we still prefer them decades on.

If only we could get a little science here people we can discover the cheapest adulterated schwagg most of you will accept.

I am ready for some bagseed, I have seen the pictures!
I am not supposed to talk about that guy you know the one...LOL
But I feel the same way you do.

It is strange what folks seem willing to accept these days.
Cheap adulterated schwagg seems to be prefered for some reason I just don't get??

CaptainDankness

They are not!
Who really wants sterile female plants? I have never even paid for feminized seeds and I've bought lots of seeds. Did get some fem freebies though so I grew those.

Of course half of us only buy fem seeds, so they might like it.

SIG

I remember reading about GW somewhere quite a while back...but didn't they patent huge swaths of ..i can't recall but the gist of the article was scary in that with legalization people like gw well funded could be writing up patents and actually limiting the range of things you could produce. i'll try and search for it i just thought someone might have read it too. It said they were quietly snagging big areas of product possibilities. i'll patent search.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
jpzHmJw.jpg

shaggyballs

Veteran
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
There is no GMO weed in Uruguay or any place else.
Monsanto with a patent on GMO Cannabis? Where is the patent#, they are all public info, show it.

If this is factual then it answers sams question does it not.

Latest posts

Latest posts