What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phantom digital dimmable ballast?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I was wondering if anyone uses these?

I been using it at 100%. I see a option to go super, and was thinking of trying it the last couple weeks during flowering...

Has anyone messed around with dimmable ballast with that option of more then 100%?

Drewsif

Pretty sure they are repurposed 400s so boost would be +/-20% Seems like a lot but the Dimlux is fine at 380 on Phillips bulbs.

M

moose eater

Before switching to 315 cmh ballasts and such, I ran a collection of Phantom Digital 400s, as well as the widely-hated Lumatek dimmable 400 digitals.

I ran exclusively on the max setting, and saw no problems in my own experience.

The Lumateks were stated by many to be a can-of-worms with poor customer support, almost straight out of the gate, but I only had ONE of them go bad, and the service I received (directly) from their office in California was excellent, with the exception of the poor packaging on the return trip of the ONE ballast they replaced for me.

I primarily ran Digilux and Lumatek bulbs on both of these ballasts. On very rare occasion I'd see a misfire at the outset, when they first turned on.

I had ZERO problems with the Phantom digital 400 ballasts, though.

Still keep a couple of each around in case the 315s decide to go on strike at some point.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I also use Digilux bulbs, I think its the third run with them

Ill be swapping out them and use new ones after this run, if i do another inside project

Vadski

I run phantom 1000w de and will occasionally run them at 1150w. Just watch out for distance and heat. Its just more juice but it will shorten your bulb life.