What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My favorite strains - PanHaze, Haze x KC, A5 x NMK, NH x NMK

deepwaterdude

Oye carnalito dude, excuse my scepticism but I've always wondered whether a minor fluctuation in pH would bring about a major impact on a plant...looking at your plants with the two-day span I see no difference whatsoever, looking prima alright...mind you me apple pies are as good as yours, got me ogle flakes on ye know :biggrin:
Keep on rocking and writing lad!

As for my buds, I sampled a tiny bit of NevMal yesterday(curing for a month) before I sat by the keyboard and it rendered me incapable of commenting on yer pics :laughing: cotton dry mouth being another downside, it raced around my temples for quite long feeling as if intracranial pressure rose a jot... shattering my short term memory ;o)
I must mention ZamKali as a benevolent smoke after two-month cure, pretty potent herb, one of the most fragrant aromatic buds I've ever had...

:tiphat:orf

Morning, orf, thanks for the smoke report on the NevMal, a little scary, eh!? I might not have taken her as long as you did by a week or two, but makes for a very potent final product;o) And ZAm x KC is without a doubt one of the kindest grails. Glad you got some.;0)

I'm just having fun with you, otherwise; you're the mad poet, I couldn't help but love ye madly;)
I do think that indoors, we are/should be super aware of any fluctuations, even if just in a plant's potential. Also, being that these are just tiny reproductions of their outdoor brothers and sisters, it's quite easy to see all that goes on with a little lady, while a big outdoor plant can lose half her yield to mold and still give 4x what the indoor girl can, meaning attention must be paid indoors, or the yield can be beyond meagre.
True, these ladies never looked bad at all, I just felt that little dip in their natural ecstatic state, and now I'm seeing them all abuzz. I have never had such a quick and easy transition to flower, everybody at once and copiously (with Killer A5 lagging a tad and showing a very hazy nature).
We've got Killer A5 #2 and Super Malawi Haze (NevMal) with peyote button style buds and good internodal spacing, very cool. Then Panama Haze, Haze x KC are putting up long legged, hazy buds, but staying pleasingly compact, flower wise. As stated before Killer A5 #1, haziest of all in early flower.
There was very little nitrogen in dubi's mix and quite a lot of guano. The flowers reflect this;) Makes it easy and cool to watch and not interfere too much. It's getting physically hard to water them with the useless scrog net in there, reminding me of Mitch Hedberg's joke about watering hard to reach plants. Why would you make your plants hard to reach?

orfeas

Veteran
... a little scary say you uncomfortable a jot retort I... a longer cure will definitely smoothen things all around, amazing what curing can bring on...
Now this watering bit brought a mad mile on me road race :biggrin: reflecting on the challenge of watering hard to reach plants, especially with them light fixtures hanging over me lump o lead... as if I played twisters with the little devils ;)
However I'm going to tackle the same ordeal come September but I'll have to come up with some sort of alleviation for me ol back...been losing my agility lately, can't blame time but me for I find it hard to come to terms with it...
I'll be watching yer progress since like I afore said I'll be growing same and similar speciments...can't wait to see seeds sprouting end July, the first time ever to sow that late and of course the first attempt at natural vegging but artificial flowering... hehe see how it works...

Now you call me mad but in fact it's much more sophisticated. You see there have been quite a number of black cloaked folks over the bay on Oros for a least a millennium fending off all sorts of demons sending them over to us...that explains some... :biggrin:

HerbBert

Real enjoying this thread keep up the good work.

I had to order and started some Killer A5 haze because of you lol :)

Most importantly make a fuss of your cat for me :)

YukonKronic

I had to order and started some Killer A5 haze because of you lol :)

Most importantly make a fuss of your cat for me :)

Hey! Good call. Give yer kitty some Nip for us Dewd! We wanna get your cat high:biggrin:

deepwaterdude

I had to order and started some Killer A5 haze because of you lol :eek:)

Most importantly make a fuss of your cat for me :eek:)

Always do;o) My cats have me well trained. Now it's like my heart lives outside my body. And as to the below, YK, my cats are usually at least as high as I am when I smoke indoors;) Probably much higher.

Good on ya, HerbBert for getting the Killer A5:tiphat: Couldna chosen better;) I will say that the strains with the NL present can be a bit dirty or narcotic, due to the Afghan. This is something thankfully and purposely not present in other Ace strains, which really sets them apart from dispensary junk. With my favorite Panamas and KC based strains, even though powerful, the trip is long and the set down gentle, almost imperceptible. While with my one killer A5 from last grow, there was some cloudiness along with that huge potency and dankness, but also incense + other uber powerful stanks, and just a powerful, if balanced, hazy sativa high. The only Ace weed to give me the telltale dark circles under the eyes.

Hey! Good call. Give yer kitty some Nip for us Dewd! We wanna get your cat high

The cats and I just smoked some Orient Express; still lovely orange flavor and good for daytime.

3 weeks 12/12 tomorrow. Flower set is going well as is stretch. Panama Haze is nearing that 500% stretch, as is Killer A5 #1. Just gave them Sensi Coco nutes at 1 EC, pH 6.8. Buds are looking good while Haze x KC and the 2 New Malawi Killer crosses want more N, judging by largest bottom leaves yellowing.

I Green Cleanered 'em 2 days ago and will hit them again soon as I always see good reaction from them. There's also a bit of CalMag in the foliar.

What's nice at this still early stage of flower is to see the 3 hazy plants; Panama Haze, Haze x KC and Killer A5 #1, start to differentiate themselves from their counterparts. The Panama Haze is winding her tentacles around the tent, long internodal length but copious early budding at all sites. The Haze x KC will stop stretching (and also finish) before the PH does, almost there already with her fatter haired buds starting to fill out more than PHAze and vertical growth calming down at maybe a mere 300% stretch. Killer A5 #1 is starting to put out pistils and her stretch is between that of PHaze and Haze x KC. I cannot kill a properly flowering plant, especially of this particular strain, so she stays. Her stretch would have been much more if she were a tad more in her sweet spot, but doing well enough and not overgrowing the tent.
The two stouter plants, NEvMal and Killer A5 #2 are staying lower and darker than their sisters, flowering in a pleasing hybrid style. You'll see them all tomorrow.
Love d

deepwaterdude

21 days in

21 days in

Hello fellow travelers on the Ace train;) This particular little car is picking up speed and starting to smell pleasantly.

Here they are at 3 weeks 11.5/12.5, still growing vertically for the most part, with everyone looking happy with nutes and pH. Tad of claw on Super Malawi Haze, but budding fine, so no worries. Killer A5 #1 is starting to move fast now flowers are set. She was the amazon as a baby, so I expect sorta prodigious flowering;)
In other news, C5 x KC is looking lovely as a tiny little lady. She's got 7 gals of dubi's mix to fill out in the next month and a half or so. Coupla pics next post. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 3 weeks in.jpg
    3 weeks in.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 35
  • A5 number 1.jpg
    A5 number 1.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 33
  • KA5 numba 2.jpg
    KA5 numba 2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Killer A5 numba 2.jpg
    Killer A5 numba 2.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 35
  • Da Gang 21 days in.jpg
    Da Gang 21 days in.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Haze x KC close.jpg
    Haze x KC close.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 32
  • PanHaze close.jpg
    PanHaze close.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 28
  • Panama Haze 21 days 12:12.jpg
    Panama Haze 21 days 12:12.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 35

deepwaterdude

C5 x KC seedling outdoors

C5 x KC seedling outdoors

Here she is as promised. I bet she'll catch up to the toms in 1 month.

Attachments

• C5 x KC.jpg
    C5 x KC.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 33
  • C5 x KC and Toms.jpg
    C5 x KC and Toms.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 34

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Lightweight,

Glad you found our pure Malawi very high yielding and VERY STRONG :D The smoking experience of your friend describes perfectly the power of Malawi.

As i explained previously about our Malawi, it has been bred mainly for its amazing vigor, yield, resin production, high flower/leaf ratio, huge trochome size and for its overpowering, profound and very long lasting effects. Also, for good indoor adaptability.

The Old Malawi Killer (original clone which started our whole Malawi breeding) never had remarkable or interesting terpenes, it has a quite rude old school woody, oily and cereal african taste, not refined. I understand users more used to modern Skunk or Kush strains won't find very appealing the aroma or taste of pure Malawi.
But Malawi hybrids like Malawi x Panama, Panama x Malawi, Malawi x PCK or Zamaldelica fem have outstanding terps that can compete with the best smelling modern strains yet they all have the Killer potency and other desirable traits of our Malawi. I would recommend you to look for in these Malawi hybrids if you want to have a finished product with the potency you mention, but with much better bag appeal terpene-wise.

There are also pure Malawi phenos with very good terpenes like the rarer Malawi fruity pheno, but you must look for them in the right pure Malawi line and in bigger populations.

Right on! That's good to hear. I grew the pure Malawi a while ago and I wouldn't say it was the best commercial strain. The best qualities they had was the potency and yield. It was REALLY REALLY potent. One buddy of mine that smokes 1-2 ozs per week said smoking the Malawi was like his first time being high again. He said he hadn't been that high since he was 13, ha ha! Also, it did produce some huge gorilla thumb buds and it finished pretty quick for a pure sativa. It didn't have dense buds or very sellable smell or taste which are all pretty important from a commercial aspect especially the smell and looks part. I still ran it for awhile because I liked it, but the customer is always right in the end. They also handled my wet and humid tropical climate pretty well outdoors so there was plenty of positive things about the Malawis I grew.

It sounds like it might turn out better as a cross than pure

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks orfeas!

Happy to hear your big yielding Super Malawi Haze was not only about the weight, and that she also delivers a very strong mind blowing effect :D

Glad you rate Zamaldelica x Kali China among the most fragant cannabis flowers you have had the pleasure to experience ...
many feedback from growers about Zamaldelica x Kali China are pointing in that direction, which puts a big smile in my silly face :)

Have a great summer time friend :tiphat:

As for my buds, I sampled a tiny bit of NevMal yesterday(curing for a month) before I sat by the keyboard and it rendered me incapable of commenting on yer pics :laughing: cotton dry mouth being another downside, it raced around my temples for quite long feeling as if intracranial pressure rose a jot... shattering my short term memory
I must mention ZamKali as a benevolent smoke after two-month cure, pretty potent herb, one of the most fragrant aromatic buds I've ever had...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ole deepwaterdude! :)

You have grown some of the most beautiful Panama Haze, Haze x Kali China and Zamaldelica x Kali China flowers we have seen here in this room. The Panama x Zamaldelica grow was also epic!

Your enthusiasm and passion towards these genetics is contagious as well as your humorous comments :D
It makes me smile and laugh every time i come to visit this thread, which i hope to do more oftenly now that i have a bit more of time and things are getting interesting in the flowering stage.

I'm sure you are going to rock with this cycle like with the previous ones. Excited to see you also germinated a C5 x KC for the outdoor season :huggg: Best wishes for the summer!

deepwaterdude

Ole deepwaterdude! :)

You have grown some of the most beautiful Panama Haze, Haze x Kali China and Zamaldelica x Kali China flowers we have seen here in this room. The Panama x Zamaldelica grow was also epic!

Your enthusiasm and passion towards these genetics is contagious as well as your humorous comments :D
It makes me smile and laugh every time i come to visit this thread, which i hope to do more oftenly now that i have a bit more of time and things are getting interesting in the flowering stage.

I'm sure you are going to rock with this cycle like with the previous ones. Excited to see you also germinated a C5 x KC for the outdoor season :huggg: Best wishes for the summer!

Ole, su merced! Thanks for the uber kind words;o) We all know around here I'm just a little boutique guy with great enthusiasm... then there are real growers/producers who seem to have everything on rails. The Buddlers, the Zaandars and the Holeshots are my inspiration, and they talk a lot less;0) As well as the occasional complete newb (Old Toker:biggrin:).

That said, imagine if you will the following: last week I come home to find lights on at 11:30 PM, 5 hours after normal lights out time. Our summer storms have been knocking the power out from time to time, and my digital timer wasn't resetting. SO I make sure all's well, only to come back a day or two later and same thing. Now I am literally HOPPING MAD... hopping up and down on the timer that is. I broke the thing into a million pieces and cursed its ancestors. Nobody f%*ks with my girls in flower.
So, for the last few days I've had them on my mechanical light timer that was still on perfect time from last year's grow. They definitely noticed the instability but are chugging along in very high temps. It was kind of like stopping a racecar and making it go slow for a couple of laps before resuming normal high speeds. I pray I did not find a new way to hermie my babes and that they'll kick back into flower with no issues.
I've been definitely underfeeding for a good part of early flower, still have Panama Haze and Haze x KC yellowing their bottoms every time I look in.
IN other news, someone, perhaps a grasshopper, took a swing at my C5 x KC outside, lopping off 1/2 her growing tip around 3rd node. She took it in stride, doing fine and growing well in our monsoon season. I've got high hopes she'll fill out her little screen by mid august, UMLW's is a sweetie;0)

Pics of all this tomorrow. Love you guys, dwd

deepwaterdude

Little C5 x KC and the 5 x5 a month from flip

Little C5 x KC and the 5 x5 a month from flip

As promised, here is everybody I've got going at the moment. First, the little brave outdoor girl. She's got a few weeks to fill out, even if she starts a bit early, will be fine.

And of course, a blurry shot of the Hazy Zone at 31 days since flip. About 3 weeks into flowering for all but A5 #1. Pics of each next post. I can sense that they're back in their rhythm as far as flowering energy goes, after just a few days with the stable light cycle.

Next post, better detail photos and thoughts on each plant.

Attachments

• C5 x KC.jpg
    C5 x KC.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 28
  • Just starting to veg really.jpg
    Just starting to veg really.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 53
  • The 5x5 at 1 month since flip.jpg
    The 5x5 at 1 month since flip.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 32

deepwaterdude

The 5x5 a month into flip

The 5x5 a month into flip

Thoughts so far on the indoor babes:

Panama haze is flowering like my chunkier rotten fruit pheno from the first go round with her. Lovely stuff, obviously a big yielder of bounteous and fat foxtails. In the end, her flowers will look like pure Purple Haze, I think.

Also happily familiar is the Haze x KC. Very Sydlike, if I remember correctly how she started out, should end colorful, fat and lovely, though she's a "slow" flowerer.

The Super Malawi Haze makes me instantly want to run a few more plants of her. She's got a lovely style, staying relatively compact and nonchalantly putting up her small, conical spires. Excellent for scrog or training of any sort and this one has a nice bud to leaf ratio.

Both Killer A5s are unfamiliar in their style. Short pistils, I'm guessing malawi style, and for two plants that were twins early in life, they sure are different from each other now. I definitely thought I'd get more stretch from A5 #2, but she may have stopped with the light weirdness, as did they all to some degree. She's staying compact and bushy, but different in flowering style to my Abbott and Costello of last grow, both of which were probably NL leaners. The stink was unruly. This time, my carbon filter is being gainfully employed and working wonders, even though the smell is much less than last grow.
Here they is, getting back into things. Some real promise there.

Attachments

• Haze x KC lowers.jpg
    Haze x KC lowers.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 34
  • Haze x KC from top.jpg
    Haze x KC from top.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Looking like my rotten fruit pheno from last time around.jpg
    Looking like my rotten fruit pheno from last time around.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 42
  • The inimitable Panama Haze.jpg
    The inimitable Panama Haze.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Blurry babes a month in.jpg
    Blurry babes a month in.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Blurry shot of Killer A5 2s fat potential.jpg
    Blurry shot of Killer A5 2s fat potential.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Killer A5 2: also unfamiliar, but liking her style.jpg
    Killer A5 2: also unfamiliar, but liking her style.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Killer A5 1 looks like a Malawi leaner.jpg
    Killer A5 1 looks like a Malawi leaner.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 73
  • Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    Super Malawi Haze.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SMHaze.jpg
    SMHaze.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 30
Hey Dee-dubz

Looking freaking awesome as usual. I look at your grow and feel instant jealousy. I want it. My square inch of grow space will do in a pinch (for now) but there is no substitute for variety. And what great development for a month in.

Keep on killin it dewd :tiphat:

G

Dude they're going fast! :)

I always fall for the Panama haze leaves.
Wait a little for the killer a5 s.Leaves may point more malawi but the shape of bud ,not sure...

Steamin'ahead! :bongsmi:

deepwaterdude

Middle week 6 since flip

Middle week 6 since flip

Hi Syd, Pandy and Yuke;) Pandy, I know the feeling well of wanting to possess other's grows, especially Sir Budsalot's - The grass is always greener under someone else's lights;)

A few modifications now they're growing again: Turned Haze x KC around, so her cola is now aiming back, giving easy access to her pot, a little more light intensity. I lifted Killer A5 #2 and So Much Haze (super malawi) about 4 inches each so they'd get into sweeter spots.

Panama Haze is just massive and shows no signs of stopping, got her familiar lemon-earth tones; Haze x KC a little slower growing, but obviously denser nugs, and the 2 I lifted are lovely, especially SMHaze.

I've obviously missed quite a bit of potential on Killer A5 #1, but of course she'll stay til the end:biggrin:

Little outside C5 x KC has been topped and bent over, reacting well. Will get some food with next water. She'll be in the next post. Here's everything, up to you to recognize which is which ;o)

Attachments

• DSC03784.jpg
    DSC03784.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03783.jpg
    DSC03783.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC03782.jpg
    DSC03782.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03781.jpg
    DSC03781.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03780.jpg
    DSC03780.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC03785.jpg
    DSC03785.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC03786.jpg
    DSC03786.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC03787.jpg
    DSC03787.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC03788.jpg
    DSC03788.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03789.jpg
    DSC03789.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 27

deepwaterdude

C5 x KC topped, bent and rained on good

C5 x KC topped, bent and rained on good

Little babe out in the wild. Reacted well to topping and training, of course; when do they not?
She'll get some seamax tomorrow if she can dry out a bit. We've got our monsoons; heavy afternoon rains that break the heat and cover the sky, cooling things down muchly. Toms are happy.

I may pop some more beans in anticipation of someone, or two, finishing in the next month and a half. I'm thinking more SoMuchHaze and some of the testers Sir Dubi sent along. Another 6 or so beans. Such hot days at the moment that veg is super strong. Heat doesn't bother anyone in veg, but flower is a different story. Tent temps get into the early 90s everyday before the cloud cover comes. This with a light that puts off the heat of a 250w HID. Maybe.

Here she is. Nothing really to see except how fast she'll fill out the screen.

Attachments

• DSC03792.jpg
    DSC03792.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC03791.jpg
    DSC03791.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 20

deepwaterdude

Tent of hazes, 6 weeks since flip

Tent of hazes, 6 weeks since flip

Ah, Wednesdays; the day I get to look back on the last week's growth.

42 days since flip, 28-30 flower. I'm embarrassed because my Killer A5s didn't pan out, but happy because they will have panned out ENOUGH for my little needs, and the other three girls look good enough to keep me excited.

PanHaze speaks for herself. I can't seem to keep her big leaves green, though. Most have already fallen-have to read up on Botrytis again, make sure my tent isn't the dang propagator.
I've seen some fungus gnats in Haze x KC's pot, jumping over to SMHAze. Spent a couple of minutes stirring the first inch of soil to get 'em all riled, and then squished 'em as they ran around the pots. Killed maybe 5, didn't see any more.
The carbon filter is really working wonders now, letting the plants steep in their stink, very powerful as you unzip the tent. Nothing evident outside, which is lovely.
Temperatures have abated a bit with the monsoon rains, no longer getting into the 90s in the tent, while lovely combination of uber strong sun outdoors and intense, cooling rains.
Coupla pics of C5 x KC next; stinky babe;)

Attachments

• Panama Haze 6 weeks since flip.jpg
    Panama Haze 6 weeks since flip.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 24
  • Haze x KC small bud.jpg
    Haze x KC small bud.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Haze x KC.jpg
    Haze x KC.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Right side 6 weeks from flip.jpg
    Right side 6 weeks from flip.jpg