What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can u use fresh/frozen trim for cannabutter

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
water? you cooking in water? i just toss 10 stix of butter and a qp of trim in my crock pot and let it rip for 3-4 hours, strain with filter bag and pour into butter tins:tiphat:

and yes your decarbing it by cooking it at high temps for over an hour

but isn't it still very green??? i put the weed with water+butter into a crock pot for 6-7-8 hrs, drain thru a strainer n put in fridge for 6-8hrs, then poke hole in the butter, pour out the black water, refill with hot water and stir and back in fridge... i do this 3-4 times and by the last time the water is clear...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
but isn't it still very green??? i put the weed with water+butter into a crock pot for 6-7-8 hrs, drain thru a strainer n put in fridge for 6-8hrs, then poke hole in the butter, pour out the black water, refill with hot water and stir and back in fridge... i do this 3-4 times and by the last time the water is clear...
... just the guy asking the Q. I am a hunter... how your game tastes starts immediately after the shot, in the care and preparation of said "butter". Contact me I'll find the vid :)

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Frozen trim straight to crockpot with water and butter is fine. Concentrate on maximizing your extraction at this step by 'washing' the butter, and also you can do a second, weaker, extraction on the leafy leftovers.
When you cook with the product, you will hit higher temperatures that previous posters have suggested. For example, caramels must be cooked to about 238'f. The chemical structure will change during the process of cooking whatever you are making with your butter.
I have never decarbed my butter in advance, and have dozens of pounds of potent caramels under my belt. As long as you do the proper extraction, you're most of the way there.
Just use the best trim possible- sugar leaves that come off in the final manicure are ideal.