What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to hide MJ in your backyard -conventional and/or unconventional

axle2u

hello all,

as spring is soon to come full circle, most of us are getting ready to plant
in this thread, I would like to encourage, and discuss, different methods of disguising cannabis plants, outdoors....im gonna go with 5 gallon bags.

I am a newbie at this, my first grow is well underway, indoor
I have 2 females fully developed into flower stage, and have prepared several clones, id like to toss outside for the season
to compare the 2 different grows, same strain.

I rent a nice flat (apartment), but my parents have 4 acres at their place close by...providing they agree to let me grow there
Now where I live in Canada, it is now legal to grow 4 plants per residence, so being "caught" is not the issue. The issue is being stolen.

To avoid this, I need to come up with some clever ideas to hide them in plain sight.
Their property is unique, has a ravine a small apple orchard and a fresh water creek in the back, a split level lot

on the upper level the house and garage, driveway, and the road
the back yard, lower level by some 15 feet or so, is hidden naturally from the road, so that's good

however, because of the fresh water creek in the backyard,
over the years we have seen strangers once in a while appear on their property, because they are fishing for trout....hell ya....lol
we don't give anyone any grief over this occurrence, mom and dad have always turned a blind eye to it....im cool with it too

that being said, my only concern is to be weary of this occurrence
and come up with ways to hide 4 plants in 5 gallon bags...

I don't necessarily want to grow other vegetation , but rather come up with something else clever,
like park a tractor (full size old W6 McCormick) on one side....so all you see is a tractor, then 4 feet away and beside the tractor maybe a canoe or something else large....
to create a 4 foot wide channel of full sun, semi camouflage grow space

true, you would see the plants if you were to walk up to it...but why would you, at a glance its just an old tractor sitting there

I don't really want to plant them in the bush neither, or under trees....this way, full tits sun....lol

any thoughts folks....??

thanks again.......:tiphat:

axle robot

Sunshineinabag

Tie em down Bro,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 41

troutman

Seed Whore
I wish I owned property that had a trout creek running thru it. :)

If you can take a trout creek pic or two and upload it in here. :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]however, because of the fresh water creek in the backyard,
over the years we have seen strangers once in a while appear on their property, because they are fishing for trout....hell ya....lol
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] we don't give anyone any grief over this occurrence, mom and dad have always turned a blind eye to it....im cool with it too[/FONT]
You cannot have a secure grow if you just let any Toms Hairy Dick run through the property.

I'm not sure how the laws work in your neck of the woods but if there is are navigable waters running through private property in the US of A, anybody can use them without permission & it is illegal to place a fence across them, blocking access. However, the banks of the creeks are still considered private property and folks can be asked to vacate the dry land.

I'm unsure how that applies to un-navigable waters and/or your particular situation.

If you can run a kayak, a waterway is considered navigable.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant near nettles or thorny bushes and low stress train, bringing height branches lower to blend in.

Camouflage Netting perhaps? Held up with bamboo poles.
Google."Sitong Bulk Roll Camo Netting for Hunting Military Decoration Sunshade", Amazon about $12.00

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It's legal to grow them... why hide them at all? Just treat it like any other legal property of value, and lock it up. Build a "cage" out of chain link fence, like a batting cage, lock it up with a strong padlock, and make sure there's a big enough gap between the branches and the fence, so that people can't reach through and cut buds off.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I wouldn't use the fake tomatoes or flowers...I think they would just attract attention...
And a trespassing fisherman might decide to nab a tomato for a snack.

4 acres in a perfect square is 416 feet X 416 feet.
I would plant as far away from the creek where the fisherman sneak in, as possible..

Probably the best place would be right beside the house...
The fishermen probably aren't walking up close to the house..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't use the fake tomatoes or flowers...I think they would just attract attention...
And a trespassing fisherman might decide to nab a tomato for a snack.

4 acres in a perfect square is 416 feet X 416 feet.
I would plant as far away from the creek where the fisherman sneak in, as possible..

Probably the best place would be right beside the house...
The fishermen probably aren't walking up close to the house..

Excellent advice from one who lives in the country! ;o)

igrowone

Veteran
for a very low profile, i saw a trick that sounded great
a scrog pit, plant in pot at bottom, screen at top
never tried, it does sound real stealthy if helicopters aren't your primary worry

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
An old above ground pool with light mesh screen over top, and hydro setup automated with reservoir outside where pump goes, dug into ground.

G

Plant close to the house and directly adjacent to the barrel of a shotgun

Gorillas

Gorillas

Yeah I agree with hiding in native bush. Knowing where the giant horseweed plots are, and placing in the middle before the vegetation starts to takeover. In some cases ive put them in such thick horseweed that I had to have a little faith and trust that they were able to beat the other Bush around them before I started hacking a trail. No trails. They get ya busted. You can assume that this weed will hrow as good if not better than any others that grow natively. Knowing what the area looks like pre veg, veg, and during the harvest is huge. All look different and all will give you more or less access to areas you want to grow. Trial and error man. Ive honestly speculated sticking a few 5gal buckets in trees. Lol.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I never tried it, but heard a story back in the 1970's about growing a plant, laying it sideways and building dirt upto the stem, so all buried branches become root system. Might also try growing in a hole.

Latest posts

Latest posts