What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New REC grow- what would YOU choose

How are you going to come to our forum and then call one of our ICmag winning breeders a troll? He just pointed out the reality of your situation, whether you wanted to hear it or not. If you were looking for heavy yielding cookie seeds you just burnt a bridge to those genetics. How about you show some respect to our community when you're using our forum to outsource your work?
I’m neither here to outsource my work, nor to disrespect this particular online community. I may New this particular forum, but i’ve Been on other forums for years. I’ve payed my dues in the Black Market for years without burning anyone. I’ve earned my stripes in the medical community donating to many patients in need. I’ve lost more than one patient in their battles with cancer. I’m not just another random tool trying to hop on the Canna Bandwagon to get rich quick.

I’m well aware of the current glut in Oregon. I know the market is flooded with outdoor and that companies that can’t diversify their products are going under by the dozen. But I’m still willing to donate my time and help someone else if they are so determined to give it a try.

“a cannabis startup hiring a consultant who can’t choose five strains on his own” was a rude, disrespectful and unnecessary statement, and it got met with a rude, disrespectful, unnecessary response.

Of course I can choose those strains on my own; and of course I have a backup plan.
What’s so wrong with me wanting other people’s opinions and input?

billb

Veteran
Thanks!! This is some very useful information.

We plan on taking our time and pheno hunting for our favorites, in due time. Due to the whole immaculate conception law they just passed, we had to source all of the genetics we plan on ever using, within the first 90 days. After that we will have to show where we obtained each clone/seed.

We already have a good idea of which 4 or 5 strains we want to start with, I always enjoy hearing what other people have to say about things too.
A grow op electric bill is what 50 grand a month. Taking your time doesn’t make sense. Time is money. Proven genetics is what you need. You can tell almost how much youll get with proven cuts. That way you know what you’ll make. I don’t understand who would pay you to consult for them? No offense meant

A grow op electric bill is what 50 grand a month. Taking your time doesn’t make sense. Time is money. Proven genetics is what you need. You can tell almost how much youll get with proven cuts. That way you know what you’ll make. I don’t understand who would pay you to consult for them? No offense meant
I’m not being payed anything right now, honestly. I was introduced to some investors who wanted me to help them out. So I introduced them to an extractor and a couple growers who are a lot more knowledgeable and and experienced than I am.
We are starting out with an extraction/processing lab from the Get go, to have some kind of immediate return on the investment. We will also be producing cbd isolate and from a few higher cbd strains we will be growing. They are setting up shop in an area of the state with very low utility costs.

One of the other reasons they decided to come out and give it a try is because one of the investors is close family friends with the mayor and the sheriff of the town they will be operating out of, and they were extended an invitation to head out there to do business.

I personally would rather start from clone. There are some awesome clone-only strains that I really want to have around- BlackBerry Kush, Marionberry Kush, Schrom, and Albert Walker being some of my very favorites.

The whole 10plant limit at time of transfer kind of does put a hamper on all of that.
I know they are also really paranoid about inheriting pests or sicknesses along with any incoming clones.

The russet mites have been terrible in Oregon this past year

Medfinder

Chemon 91
They’re transferring my medical grow to their REC grow, so that only allows me to transfer a max of 10 adult plants, while at the same time allowing me to transfer an unlimited number of seeds.

99 plants in cali with medical extension.

as far as the strains shown... you got to sort through those beans to find keepers.

My self went through clones from norcal to socal to use as breeding fodder for my chem 91 sk va males..

a many of those were females on your list already sorted at med coops with grow logs and pics to show traits.

getting an lb per plant indoors can cost more than outdoors.

growing 99 plants in nor cal outdoors in a challenge and many do it.

greenhouse grows another matter as well.

Good luck with your endeavor.

the beans i have now crossed are being sorted to find that new flave and help the sick.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The original question should have been asked previous to purchase.

You’ve got a lot of pure garbage in that list.

~star~crash~

i'm doubting he actually purchased all those seeds in the 1st place the list is so huge ... if it's true it seems he randomly bought everything that he could get his hands on ... that would be a enormous waste of $ doing it that way ...

rolandomota

Veteran
Remember these are opinions. Start with anything. The journey of a thousand crops starts with one seed

docchilie

I personally would rather start from clone. There are some awesome clone-only strains that I really want to have around- BlackBerry Kush, Marionberry Kush, Schrom, and Albert Walker being some of my very favorites.

The russet mites have been terrible in Oregon this past year

Clackamas county supposedly releases them to control weeds in ditches. Not sure if that's true but it's the rumor.

Albert Walker is an absolute bitch in living soil. Great smoke but at the end of her cycle she just won't stay green.

Marionberry Kush. What an incredible flower and plant. I'm surprised it doesn't have the notoriety that Zkittlez has. I've had both, I think Zkittlez is half hype half quality. The terpenes of MBK are off the charts but it only tests around 15%, just like Zkittlez. If you get it, control your environment carefully, she is a botrytis magnet. Supposedly there are multiple phenotypes (I've heard up to 6).

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I doubt Russets are released...
They’re only attraction, from what I’ve read, is cannabis plants.

IF that is true, they would have to maintain some form of cannabis operation just to keep the bugs readily available. Raises my doubt even more.

Clackamas county supposedly releases them to control weeds in ditches. Not sure if that's true but it's the rumor.

Albert Walker is an absolute bitch in living soil. Great smoke but at the end of her cycle she just won't stay green.

Marionberry Kush. What an incredible flower and plant. I'm surprised it doesn't have the notoriety that Zkittlez has. I've had both, I think Zkittlez is half hype half quality. The terpenes of MBK are off the charts but it only tests around 15%, just like Zkittlez. If you get it, control your environment carefully, she is a botrytis magnet. Supposedly there are multiple phenotypes (I've heard up to 6).
You are right about the Albert Walker being such a finicky strain. It used to stretch way too much too. My buddy used to grow it for years, always grew Schrom together with it cuz they liked the same nutrient regimens. He lost those two strains a while back though. The closest I ever came to getting them back were crosses.

The MBK and BBk are still a lot more prevalent here in Oregon.

Blue City Diesel is another good clone only strain floating around the state

99 plants in cali with medical extension.

as far as the strains shown... you got to sort through those beans to find keepers.

My self went through clones from norcal to socal to use as breeding fodder for my chem 91 sk va males..

a many of those were females on your list already sorted at med coops with grow logs and pics to show traits.

getting an lb per plant indoors can cost more than outdoors.

growing 99 plants in nor cal outdoors in a challenge and many do it.

greenhouse grows another matter as well.

Good luck with your endeavor.

the beans i have now crossed are being sorted to find that new flave and help the sick.
Nice!! Yeah Cali’s Medical scene is legit. At least in the counties where you can grow 99 plants. In Oregon, though, a patient can have 6 Medical and 4 Rec at their own residence, so my limit is 10.

I would love to get some more of the awesome genetics floating around down there. We do have one dude who is coming up from CALI with a bunch of crosses that I did not include on the list (most of them are Chocolope and other DNA flavors).

I know it seems kind of wasteful to buy all of those seeds all at once. But they were under the impression that this was our only chance to source any genetics from outside of the state, so they wanted to make sure to get everything we feel we might ever need in the future. They told me to order as many land races, high cbd strains, terpy flavors, popular trendy flavors, and classics as i could think of.

I will admit that a few of those flavors are things that I have always wanted to try, flavors that I have tried once or twice in my travels and always wanted to grow, a few others that have just always been my favorites. I’m well aware that many of them I won’t get to try for years, and some I may never get to try. But honestly, if you were given a blank check and an opportunity to go Seed shopping, wouldn’t you have a little fun?

NEED 4 SEED

@Need For Seed,

I’m not the master grower, but I do plan on keeping a grow thread going of the rec grow, along with my own personal medical grow. I like to Do a small grow in my own personal space whenever I am able to. The Grow Light Spectrum seems to help with my depression and spending time with the plants is therapeutic for me

For sure, the plants give a lot of pleasure back to the grower, but my comment was meant to be a little more ironic because it can be pretty hard to select from a few packs, let alone the mass of packs you have collected. Somebody has to test-smoke them. But I understand this was a long time investment, so you should care about good storage.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.
I recently gave them all the seed stock I had ordered on their behalf, and cut ties with them.

I will be focusing more on my own family and garden.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I recently gave them all the seed stock I had ordered on their behalf, and cut ties with them.

I don’t blame you... no weed is better than the weed from your personal garden.
Best of luck

Easy7

Veteran
That's a huge list and no offense, I'd not pay for any of those. Euro seeds are no longer the 'go to' nor the only option.

Bodhi works with new and classic lines
Ace is the sativa place
Dynasty has some flavor

There are also other state side seeds to choose which may be a good value or slightly hyped and over priced

If skunk man was making beans I'd hit up those too. Anything classic sells hot. Just worry about rep of new companies. To think skunkman beans used to be freebies! I'm not interested in inbred lines with no selection from generation to generation. We want the clone only mothers if possible because people felt these were standout ladies from years of people buying packs.

Lot's and lot's to choose from. Myself I won't by anything that will not finish outdoors. So gotta be 70 days or less. Which can vary from pheno to pheno. 70 days leaves lot's and lot's of strains.

H.Stoner

i saw the op and thought this is Fuckery and i'll soon see medical manny the flake cease to be relevant.

ass holes still want input they say from us or other sites but swear they can do what they need with no help because they are legit. no matter how these wanksta'S SAY THIS TYPE BULL SHIT IT ALWAYS = SAME OLD FUCKERY.

theJointedOne

Veteran
this thread is a joke right?

oh no wait...

welcome to the new reality..this is the type of stuff i have to deal with

honestly it makes my life way easier, come on green rushers keep coming!!!

grayeyes

At currently $50 lb I wouldn't make that choice. Make sure you have plan "B" all ready to go. It would suck living under a bridge in the NW.