What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

I've herd lots about FDM but I can't seem to find much on here... I know he's on a different board, but anyone run that gear around these parts?

eyes

Veteran
Much thanks for the response brother! We are representative of the TRUE brothers gimm! I'm nearly finished with this supposed f3/f4 at this point. I am satisfied with these girls smells growth and effect!

I have ran more C99 than anyone here haters gonna hate but Joey's is the most like the original C99.

I've ran these:
2001 brother grimm C99-authentic
2002 brothers grimm c99 both from HS-authentic
GNO3 from gypsy-authentic
f2's of gno3 gypsy(alot of them)-authentic
dutchgrown c99- decent
Mosca f1 c99 -crap
Mosca BX1-bunk
Female seeds C99-fake crap
New 2016 Bros Grimm C99- 50/50 w/ 1 nice one but still lacking
Nuggetshinner C99- unviable too old
Joey Weed Cinderella 99- REAL DEAL

And to the player hater thats been PM'ing me BS! I met Mr. Soul shortly after he returned and he seemed decent but the beans were 50/50 not original cindy but decent buds. You better piss off or I will PM Pinky or Gypsy about you bothering me. Joey Weed is Legit!

You want to run old school C99 grab Joey C99 before they are gone again!

LostTribe[/QUOTE

Iv'e run the real deal from the bros as well in 99'.] direct from them as well as H.S. intothegreens stuff looks authentic. have to pop that joey 10 pack and see what comes to fruition. I do like the stealthy factor of growing her.

beta

Veteran
Another vote for Mosca, if he's still around. I got a ruby red grapefruit pheno out of a pack of his is C99 BX-1 that blows away everything else I've personally grown from seed.

quiescent

I grew out 2 packs of mosca's bx back when they were hot shit, they were a little bit over-hyped and led to disappointments. I was expecting to get a top notch representation of 99, similar to what I'd grown in Joey's 99 and multiple 99 crosses.

I didn't get that at all. I got some tasty plants with great bag appeal but the potency and vibe of the effects were totally off. I'm sure people found some great plants in those seeds, just my experience was what it was.

IntotheGreen

Here are some Joey Weed Cinderella F3s from my first time making seeds. The 3 currently growing are from pheno #2 mom, my overall best, and the remaining seeds are pheno #1. (Also have Cindy crosses to Beanhoarder's Red Congolese/F13 and Sweet Jack/Blueberry going on this current run.)

JW C99 F3:

picture.php

IntotheGreen

7-8 weeks is standard for Cindy. Under CMH lamps my last run of Joey's C99 were all done by day 50 of 12/12. In my opinion she should never need to go 9 weeks, and you'll likely start to lose that classic Cindy effect if you let them go that long. I waited till day 52 to harvest last run and next time I think I will chop even a few days earlier. Granted the CMH does tend to shorten finishing time by up to a week, but even the breeder description lists indoor flowering at 50 days.

quiescent

7-8 weeks is standard for Cindy. Under CMH lamps my last run of Joey's C99 were all done by day 50 of 12/12. In my opinion she should never need to go 9 weeks, and you'll likely start to lose that classic Cindy effect if you let them go that long. I waited till day 52 to harvest last run and next time I think I will chop even a few days earlier. Granted the CMH does tend to shorten finishing time by up to a week, but even the breeder description lists indoor flowering at 50 days.

This totally. One of the rare strains that adding a couple days can really change it for the worst. Most strains reward you for waiting a few extra days past when the "it's done" proclamation could be made with increased flavor or a bit more heavy body high. C99 and (generally) it's crosses will lose some of the fruity flavors to some skunky, acrid smells and the edge on the high is dulled to where I "chase the dragon" and just pass out.

redlaser

Veteran
Anybody see any amber trichs on C99 at day 50 or 56?

I prefer to see a few at least, less than 5% total though.

All cloudy is good too though, but there is a more developed product in all ways, even if it’s subtle, with a little amber in my experience.

Seems my JW F-1’s and f-2’s are in the 58-60 day average range for a little amber indoors.
Outside for some reason it’s a different timeline, have not figured out why yet.
I can effectively flip them in a greenhouse by stopping supplemental lights at night.
They take at least 2-3 weeks extra for any amber, not worth the wait in that case due to budrot possibilities

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The original C99 circa the year 2000 from Sly and Mr Soul of Brothers Grimm was touted as being a 47 day flowering sativa-dom plant, but most finished around the 50 day mark.

Turned out to be my most favourite 'erb ever, and still is to this day.

*Yes redlaser I would see quite a few amber trichs after 50 days.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I recall taking an old P88 pheno I had to 50-55 days.

Yes you could take it longer, like most plants....with seeded plants you could go at least a coupla weeks longer or more till the seeds were nice and mature and dropping from the plant.

redlaser

Veteran
The original C99 circa the year 2000 from Sly and Mr Soul of Brothers Grimm was touted as being a 47 day flowering sativa-dom plant, but most finished around the 50 day mark.

Interesting, I’ll have to take a look at fifty days this round to see if any are there. Never looked that early, and always thought that soon of a harvest date was some marketing strategy by the seed sellers.

Some day I’ll have to try another version besides JW’s.

But I will agree that it is very nice smoke, if I had to pick one it would still be C99. The quality of high is unique, not muddled but clear, energizing and upbeat. I don’t seem to build tolerances to it like others as well.

LostTribe

Premium user

Great to see GN popping in mate! It’s true our favorite girl has returned via Joey Weed! Cheers Mate!

Funny these noobs lately talking about berry Cindy as the grapefruit was always tart never berry before mosca came around.... Dutchgrown were the last close calls I saw until JW.

LT

kushedy

[FONT=&quot]I am sitting on the fence on this one. JW’s C99 may be the one. You can call me paranoid but every time HD is out of stock of JW’s C99 the thread goes quiet. As soon as they are back in stock the thread starts getting busy again & jumps to the top of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marijuana Strains and Breeding category.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not pointing fingers at anyone specifically but I am starting to smell a fish. Maybe HD or JW need to become an ICMAG sponsor?[/FONT]

Last edited:

kushedy

[FONT=&quot]Yeah pretty sure it’s happened twice now. They were out recently & only came back in within the past few days. I've been weighing JW C99 up for a while now along with another breeder who gets mentioned a lot so I’ve had my eye on HD & this forum. Is it real or just another forum-based advertising campaign? That's what I keep asking myself about both.[/FONT]

Scrappy-doo

Only one way to find out if it's all in your head or not.

Forum posts of JW seeds on many different sites go way back to 2001 from what I've seen and all pretty damn positive. I fell down the rabbit hole for about 5 hours last night looking thru them. Doubt he needs a scam to sell seeds and if you read his own posts from back in the day you'll see he doesn't really seem like that type.

Lots of love for this breeder from pretty much everywhere I've looked.

IntotheGreen

Since I was the most recent one to bump this thread from like 13 pages back, I can unequivocally state that alas, I am not in fact Joey Weed, nor a paid promoter or employee. I was getting started with a new grow, and realized that I never posted the smoke report and dried bud pics that I had promised from my last grow of C99.

It is also possible/likely that discussion actually does die down naturally when he is out of stock, and picks back up when people are excited about buying new beans.

Anyway, to keep the JW goodness coming I will post a pic of my three F3s currently vegging a little later :)

Latest posts

Latest posts