What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Stocktont

Veteran
Did you guys know ?

In 2002, the company abruptly closed due to security concerns. For many years after our seeds were no longer available until In 2015, he met Duke Diamond and together they developed a concrete plan to resurrect Brothers Grimm in Colorado.

Makes sense and why Joey and Fet did the BG repros threw Heaven's Stairway (Cannabis World )

It’s weird that you would quote this from the new company website as some sort of ”proof” of what exactly? It’s also clear that the new person behind the company doesn’t really care much about what the old version of the person with the same handle (MrSoul) said before he closed shop in 2002… funny how he started his company a year before he even bought the buds that he found those seeds in that would become Cinderella 99 and a few other named varieties such as Apollo 11 & 13, Rosetta Stone et-al. People like you propelling this new guys new agenda are the ones that are mudding the waters, not the fine growers trying to find an old variety that many of us grew and loved.

Here’s what the old guy behind the old company said about the time-line… 1997.... hm....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cinderella story.png Views:	3 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	18090243

Hemp quote.png

Edit: so everyone can see the quote I referenced

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I just bump into this thread and only went back a handful of pages, but impressive flowers! I know of C99 and myth but had never dabbled in it. I’d received a pack of GN C99 Fem I think as freebies a ten or so years back. Think as freebies (though it was a 10 pack, so who knows, I may have bought them. Gypsy couldn’t really recall the where, when’s or what’s when I asked him. I finally tossed one in the dirt last year and up popped a little lady. Kind of neglected her and this garden doesn’t get a ton of full sun. She certainly had the flop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20ACA63E-D0FF-4648-8526-344AEC654156.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	18090246

Click image for larger version  Name:	4A826BBA-85BF-466F-8694-099B3D3F9A4B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	18090247

image_2116799.jpg

Pineapple, citrus, hash/musk. If anyone knows about that attempt of the old C99, I’m all ears. Still have the rest of the pack and seems they are still viable 10+ years later.

ArtOfSelection

Courtesy reminder: Not from Brothers Grimm;)
Day 51

Close up

For Comparison one of the last remaining original pics of Princess taken from CW

Speaking of the pic anyone else think its strange that Mr Soul hasnt shared this Princess pic with anyone since I gave it to him years ago?

that's very informative that brother !...........a great guide for pheno hunting,you providing an original pic :good:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It’s weird that you would quote this from the new company website as some sort of ”proof” of what exactly? It’s also clear that the new person behind the company doesn’t really care much about what the old version of the person with the same handle (MrSoul) said before he closed shop in 2002… funny how he started his company a year before he even bought the buds that he found those seeds in that would become Cinderella 99 and a few other named varieties such as Apollo 11 & 13, Rosetta Stone et-al. People like you propelling this new guys new agenda are the ones that are mudding the waters, not the fine growers trying to find an old variety that many of us grew and loved.

I quoted nothing from the new web site i have not even seen their new site or care to off on a tangent again i see.

Only things i have read from Soul was what he posted at Vic Highs site or from CW in the day .

What i found interesting was RC- Heaven's Stairway was in partnership with Mr. Soul and Sly i never knew that bet most dont ether.

Stocktont

Veteran
I quoted nothing from the new web site i have not even seen their new site or care to off on a tangent again i see.

Only things i have read from Soul was what he posted at Vic Highs site or from CW in the day .

What i found interesting was RC- Heaven's Stairway was in partnership with Mr. Soul and Sly i never knew that bet most dont ether.

You can see my screen shot from 2000 by MrSoul from Cannabis World above so maybe you didn’t read everything on CW… and how about that Amsterdam shop, found it yet? Maybe they have some 1986 Kali Mist there too, lol…

LostTribe

Premium user
I have 5 of LostTribes C-99s finishing up now. Right at 8 weeks. 2 of 5 look to be keepers. Not the best pictures, but I will get better ones when I drag these out for the chop. The heavy buds are all flopped over.
smells of feminine citrus fruit cocktail.
one of these is the #1 s1 and the other is #4x#1

These are from the same batch of C99 seeds that were dontated to the server fund. Should I find something better I will make every effort to try and see if we can do that again.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I gave Mr Soul a ride in me old Jag many years ago - we headed to Amsterdam from London - and had some interesting chat - seemed like a nice fella - and since C99 is my favourite 'erb - and we had a business relationship since the very early 2000's to distribute Brothers Grimm Seeds - we got along nicely - I did ask him at the time if we could make seeds from his C99 seeds - to be able to feed the need for his and Sly's wonderful creation - and he said that it would be superb if we could do that (gave us a green light) - so first I asked Mau from Nirvana seeds to do this - and he got Ferry from (nowadays Female Seeds) to make what were called Cinderella 99 F2's - Then a bit later Wallyduck was interested to do a similar thing with the C99 Pineapple pheno -

Let's not have arguments over silly stuff chaps - be respectful to the thread starter - and the other ICMAG brothers/sisters on this thread - he does sound like he knows what he is talking about -

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks for sharing havent seen any other pics from kwik grows. In other Cindy news I decided to give the girl a well deserved 48 hours darkness first time doing this. She getting it good tomorrow! I will add that the tent is noticeably less loud without her inside. Hope my scrubbers are working! I am going to give this girl the white glove treatment all the way home. The rest of the hairs are completely solid bright red and I like to take her just before any amber to keep her racy. Chop will be 52 days.

Again, Last remaining original pic of Princess cutting from CW

Cheers
LT

Attachments

• attach18090808.jpg
    attach18090808.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2116552.jpg
    photo2116552.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo2116762.jpg
    photo2116762.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 30
  • photo2116764.jpg
    photo2116764.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 30

LostTribe

Premium user
Actually, I still do have one thread. The photos show for me so possibly for others. The strains in the grow are from kwik seeds (afghaan 90 and c99) and a random gg4 x sfv fem I got from somewhere.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...378159-c99-and-afghaan-90-90-s-nostalgia-nugs

Ah very nice indeed. Sort of wondering which 2 lines this came from. I asked RSC but he said he would have to ask the breeder and didnt get back to me. Looks thick like the one I have now. Hope you dont mind me sharing the bud pic!
picture.php?albumid=84743&pictureid=2110555.jpg

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Do you have an opinion on what you think the unknown male was that created the seeds found in the Sensi Smile shop?

Thats one thing that is rarely discussed and not even present here...

or female cant be ruled out since many commercial; setups tend to cull the males , or dont even have them as they run cuttings ,
so it possible it was a female that pollinated the bud old mate got the seed from ... right??

LostTribe

Premium user
or female cant be ruled out since many commercial; setups tend to cull the males , or dont even have them as they run cuttings ,
so it possible it was a female that pollinated the bud old mate got the seed from ... right??

Well, what about Bro? The male seed that was used to pollenate the Shiva Skunk to begin the cubing process with Princess?

P.50 = Princess x (Shiva Skunk x Bro)

Or are we to believe there was such a high chance of a male seed from female pollen? Princess, Genius, Cafe Girl, Bro maybe another cant recall so thats like 4-5 seeds seems like it should more than likely be a male as the likelyhood of a full on male from femanized pollen (at least with sts) is much less likely than 1 in 5 more like 1/1000 I think. You are right in that a commercial op would only be working with cuttings especially in bloom.

It could be anything unknown x unknown as we really don't know if it was Jack Herer, maybe Jack flash, NLHaze, SSH or other altogether.

I probably should have asked you first.
LT

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I would have to agree with Donald as if all is to be believed in the story that the seed was found in coffee shop flowers of JH then that would have to likely be the pollen sauce as they grew clones for flower.

Not uncommon apparently i have read people claim they found the odd seed in the 5HzA flowers to.