What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 Outdoor Grow Contest

HatchBrew

Veteran
hatchbrew I live in the south east us and I deal with the humitidy with out the extra stuff. why should this be any different. I have to buy the strains that can deal with the tropical/semi tropical conditions. just saying I can't see any differents. well the only diff. is they are in a legal grow but still no real reason from my stand point. if it has something to do with controlling the atmosphere it is not an out door grow as I see it

best wishes

I'm saying if you have a little poly hoop house up, and that's all. Then you're outdoors. Thinking of our cooler climate and higher elevation folks bud!

B

blue_tick

my bad hatch. you stated about humidity as to control ( protect ) to control is not an out door luxury !

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i wish u guys would have one for guerilla growers as well. its almost impossible to compete with legal backyard growers. it would be awesome if us guerillas had our own sub-forum as well because we all know that growing outdoor in ur backyard is a hell of alot different that a guerilla grow

B

blue_tick

I am with you kygiacomo I thought out door growing is what we do. i must have been mistaken as what out door meant. I need to back out of this. this should be the legal out door contest with structures

i'm out

peace

T

the rooster

Hi,i would like to participate.thx
On the roof of my house.
Chocolope x La confidential

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm in it for sure. I'm kind of along the same lines with kygiacomo in that I wish there was another class for small/residential scale gardens or people that are doing their first outdoor crop (rookie of the year?). Either way I'll be sticking around to see everybody's nice threads.

Impromptu Outdoor 2015 - Nothing Like Last Minute
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309312

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HatchBrew

Veteran
It's all for fun. We're here to learn and become better growers sharing our: thoughts, observations and experiences with different techniques & strains. Be it couple plants in 5 gallon pots to hundreds of plants in 1000 yards of soil each. Whatever!! They're plants, let's have fun with them while they enjoy the sun.

Hey some people seat on the beach under an umbrella, some on their towels, others spend their time in the surf. They all are enjoying the same thing in different ways.

Cull those negative weeds in your mental landscape and plant some positive shrubs.
Post some pics, share your strains and what smells are wafting out of your garden. S.F.S.

Don't have to make it so difficult folks.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm already following along in this thread, so i feel like i might as well submit my ceremonial entry (I'm not eligible to win);

picture.php

^ 12 plants in a homemade "smart bed" measuring about 40" x 40" and about 22" inches deep of soil. mostly gorilla glue and canna-tsu and maybe a couple of my purple pakistani chitral diesel (dieselrella x pck).

picture.php

^^ all organic home-made soil with locally sourced amendments, fed fermented plant extracts and compost teas

I'm with who dat is, kind of an outdoor rookie, only done rudimentary guerrilla outdoors earlier in life, and helped out with some outdoor grows, but this season is my first outdoor season since moving to colorado (i know it's terrible that it has taken me this long, and i'm even kinda late to go out this year, but that ain't gonna stop me).

G

ganjygav

My plants only small but I wanted to show her off thseeds bubblegum in the UK.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Mine are really taking off now. I'm loving growing outdoors, just bring a whole other element to the table. Plus I can stand up straight out there, heh.

My plot before and after some lawnmower and clippers action.

picture.php

picture.php

Repurposed coffee bag to keep direct sunlight off of the black landscape fabric. I need another one or two for the other sides.

picture.php

picture.php

Why I'm so diligent with keeping my surrounding fence around the girls. These deer don't give a shit.

picture.php

HatchBrew

Veteran
HAHA lot better than a crawl space WhoDat!! Love the outdoors! Really liked doing a couple spring run this year. Set out in February & April. Good Times & Happy plants.

Here is a picture of the plot, check out my outdoor thread for all the rest of the pictures! Happy growing folks. Keep it simple & organic.

North Side:
nxhtpVw.jpg

South Side:
qYVgQo2.jpg

Secret Side:
ACDC x Hashberry (left & back) & Afghani x Blue Diesel (front right two, slightly shaded)
tkwKbdi.jpg

Shed Side: Left: Wolf Spyder, w/ Cherry Pie x Gogi OG behind it. Then 3 Sierra OG’s
ocXTc5Z.jpg

San marzanos: Gonna get saucy
a97boAS.jpg

HatchBrew

Veteran

Dr.King

Veteran
Mine are really taking off now. I'm loving growing outdoors, just bring a whole other element to the table. Plus I can stand up straight out there, heh.

My plot before and after some lawnmower and clippers action.

View Image

View Image

Repurposed coffee bag to keep direct sunlight off of the black landscape fabric. I need another one or two for the other sides.

View Image

View Image

Why I'm so diligent with keeping my surrounding fence around the girls. These deer don't give a shit.

View Image

Looks like it is going nicely for you. I would recommend using Bear urine or urine from another big animal which you can purchase online. Spray some of that around your outdoor area and no dear or other smaller animals will enter because of fear of death.

Latest posts

Latest posts