What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DM Zone vs Chlorine/Bleach

amanda88

Bleach ...is me the household type ....Yeah the one that strips 02 molecules from any and all organic surfaces including human skin to give you that slippery slimy feeling ..cheap as too?

LostTribe

Premium user
It depends on the Bleach that you use. All different bleach companies use a different percentage of bleach. With Clorox regular bleach (not splash guard) I use 1 drop of bleach for every 2 gallons. I add that back in every 5 days. You don't want to exceed more than 2.5 PPM of chlorine or you run the risk of killing your plants. I like to add about 1 PPM of Chlorine and let it run down. If I start to see any problems with any plants, I get out my Chlorine meter and test the PPM of Cl in the system. If you have a pathogen, you will see the Chlorine leave the solution faster than normal. The way that I know this is because I've done lots of testing with it over the years. A chlorine meter is very cheap.

Oh lord,

Some fool was telling people to start with 2 tsp/gal clorox then go to 1 tsp/gal every week. Luckily my plants are still ok. Going to dump rez again and no bleach for a week. Man.

No wonder my aerocloner is completely wacked out.