What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strains do you ladies prefer?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I have honestly always kept my wife's needs in mind when selecting strains to grow, but after all these years I now realize we have found more keepers for me than we have for her. So it dawned on me that the problem is my wife simply doesn't know enough about all the strains that exist, and which ones do what. She generally just relies on me, and I haven't done too bad of a job in picking them, if I do say so myself...

But I know that women have different aches and pains than men do, and I figured who better to ask than the women growers of icmag?

So what kinds of strains do you ladies find yourselves wanting the most? Or running out of the fastest? Which ones make you want some sweet, sweet loving? Which ones work the best on menstrual cramps?

I'll be ordering more seeds in the near future, so I'm doing my pre-planning.

Thank you! :D

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple of friends get my BrandX WH X WW -pollinated with BG for their ladies.

Apparently it makes them less inhibited- the sex is said to be great

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
My gal loves H3ads Wavy gravy, she loved the menthol effect the smoke has,a great day time high. she smoked a Cpl oz of well cured buds,left me just 4-5grms lol

A

Alone

Purple Midol for the menstral cramps. LOL!
You should do the research like your doing and create your own hybrid for the ladies issues.

My girl liked c99 a lot....also liked bubblegum..... Im gonna run some OTM x IBB next..... My girl at least likes sweeter kinds of ganja..... And for sex i highly recomend peyote purple

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I thought I would go ahead and bump this thread, see if there is anyone else who would like to contribute. Thank you those of you who already chimed in. I am still interested in finding the ultimate strain for menstrual pain. The ones we have help out a little, but just not enough.

My wife experiences REAL bad dysmenorrhea. And I mean BAAAD! She usually has to miss work if she starts her cycle on a week day. We recently discovered that extract of Black Cohosh helps out a lot, but it knocks her out much in the way that our most narcotic indica does not. So she still has to miss work, albeit, in less discomfort.

If we could find a real good strain that offers pain relief and anti spasmodic properties, that would be so wonderful. So please, if anyone has suggestions, please feel free to mention them here.

I love my wife and I hate to see her in pain!

Heusinomics

Serious likes to say the kali mist is reported effective for menstral pains. Seen several reports to this.

My x always prefers clear head sativas ( cheese, flo, Sage) whenever pos. w the exception of random migraines, when lo light and strong Indi's were the tickit.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Serious likes to say the kali mist is reported effective for menstral pains. Seen several reports to this.

Well, that's what Serious claims, anyway. If they're as right about that as Simon is about drying & curing, then it's a winner.

I keep saying I'm going to grow some, then balk at the price. I need to stop doing that.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
for mestrual pain sunshine daydream by bodhi it's the choice...also bubba or ogkush, but sunnyD it's the best...anyway for the my experience, lady are more for a no too indica smoke..diesel, trainwreck, sage, amnesia are some of the lady's top choice...strong weed but without down effect

CosmicKitty

I prefer blueberry dominant strains....
NLB3 was a recent one that had many benefits for my feminine "hysteria"....and I've heard it was a good yielder :wink:

Recently tried some real OG Kush, and although wasn't PMSing, I felt this strain would be great for the female blues part of my cycle.
Very giggly stuff that OG Kush.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Funny you should mention that, Joe, because I have that particular pheno! It's the bomb ass LS pheno from the GHS genetics, and it definitely is covered in trichomes. I just haven't harvested a good amount of it yet, ever since I obtained it, so my wife hasn't been able to really test that one out. It'll be about a month before I harvest. Awesome, thanks for mentioning that one, I'm optimistic about it now. :D

I also have Stacked Kush going in the same garden, and it too will be the first time harvesting enough of it for her to test it out. That one has OG in its genetics so maybe it might have the giggly properties that cosmickitty was just mentioning on the previous page. So maybe this next harvest might yield some medicine for my wife, with those 2 strains.

Thanks to everyone for the contributions. Keep 'em coming! :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've read Blue Dream and Medicine Woman is suggested for dysmenorrhea/cramps.

Indica strains and sublingual tinctures would work....or it did supposedly for Queen Victoria.

Supplements to ease symptoms:

MAGNESIUM Relaxes the uterine muscles and relieves the symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea. Take up to 360 mg daily starting the day before your period is due

ZINC The exact mechanism by which zinc prevents primary dysmenorrhea is unknown, although it appears to involve prostglandin inhibition of some sort. Take up to 30 mg of zinc daily during your period to prevent cramps. Take zinc supplements with food to avoid stomach upset.

POTASSIUM Low potassium levels can contribute to muscle cramping in general, so supplementing with potassium during your period may lessen primary dysmenorrhea. Supplement with up to 400 mg a day during your period

Vitamin B Complex or Vitamin B1,. Intake of Vitamin B1 (thiamine)assists in 87% relief .
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8935744

Study Summary: Out of 556 women with moderate to severe primary dysmenorrhea, 100mg of thiamine hydrochloride for 90 days completely eliminated menstrual cramps in 87% of the treatment group members and greatly reduced the pain in another 8% of the women. Apparently thiamine deficiency is quite common.......

And is it dysmenorrhea or could it be worse- endometrial/PID????

I wish your partner less pain, more relief.

CosmicKitty

I second Blue Dream...one of my favorite strains to this day.

I also currently have Stacked Kush and will make a point to report whether the effects are similiar to OG Kush, hush.

I would add evening primrose oil to airbud's list of supplements as well.

Relieve the discomforts of PMS, menopause, menstruation, endometriosis and fibrocystic breasts

By interfering with the production of inflammatory prostaglandins released during menstruation, the GLA in evening primrose oil can help to lessen menstrual cramps. It may also minimise premenstrual breast tenderness, irritable bowel flare-ups, and carbohydrate cravings, and help to control endometriosis-associated inflammation. Many PMS sufferers are found to have unusually low levels of GLA in their systems, which is why supplements might help so much. In women with fibrocystic breasts, the oil's essential fatty acids can minimise breast inflammation and promote the absorption of iodine, a mineral that can be present in abnormally low levels in women with this condition. In menopause, it is widely reported that Evening Primrose oil reduces hot flushes and increases feelings of well being.

I've used black cohosh as well.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
For daytime, you can’t beat Tangerine Haze and Flo; two of my faves…Oh, along with my love Sour Bubble…mmmm…

I find it hard to pick/list favorites though…two seconds from now I’ll think of another…followed by another…and another…and another…lol.

PS: I almost forgot to mention the most important thing! 2 x :yes: to you for being so attentive to your lady’s needs! Cheers to you!!
I hope to see a “Mrs. Hush” account someday. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts