What's new

how many can i get seeds from a plant??

djonkoman

Veteran
easily more than 150.
can't say exactly how much, but 50 cm tall plants can give a shitload of seeds.

last year I had a small, stunted plant of about 10, maybe 15 cm tall and it yielded around 200 seeds.
also killed another small seedplant last week, also around 10 cm tall, haven't counted the seeds but I guess there's at least 100.
and that's with small, stunted plants, grown under suboptimal conditions, behind a window, and pollinated immediatly(no 2-3 weeks waiting since start flower).

burmese

as angelboob says count your //calyxes// and do pollination,,,
go rather early on with smaller count of early calyxes,, its safer to do ,,ripe,, seeds in smaller amount than in full flowering plant
myself i wait for 10-20 first calyxes //SOG// and always end up with 20-50 fully ripe handpicked seeds and not much deficit of buds for smoke

i asked because i had one automatic plant in the past that i make cross with a male and in the end i had atleast 500 seeds.
the plant was 30-40cm max..
the main reason i ask is because im wondering if worth it...
my tent is 2,4x1,2 and i want to get as much seeds i can.
can i hope for 10000 seeds or im dreaming?

CaptainDankness

You can get 10,000 seeds from a big enough plant. Depends on the calyx sizes and amount as well. Some plants produce tiny seeds some are fairly big just so many different factors.

I usually just pollenate a branch, maybe 2 if I find 2 nice males I want to use in a cross or F2.

thejact55

I pollinate small plants in one gallon pots. If im pateint enough, hundreds. Easy to get a few hundred without trying. Just dont over-pollinate.
Damn, 10,000 probably doable... must have big plans? I cant talk much i have somewhere around 6000 in my stash. Ill never get close to using em all.

U

Ununionized

Just imagine, on a flower of nice sensimillia, if the entire bud surface was coated, from end to end, with seeds stacked side, by side, by side.. and a single layer or so deep.

I had some plants hermi on me and I kept the few seeds and then I put those seeds out as about 20 little plants, then something ate some and I had about a dozen little plants, and every one of them had seeds, seeds, and MORE seeds, till I had thousands upon thousands of them. Of course the seeds of these were hermi so they're kinda useless really but I kept a few hundred in a little vial.

I threw away thousands up on thousands of seeds, put a lot of them in a bird feeder, squashed the ones that fell on the ground and sprouted.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Why do you want 10000 glue s1s??? Another over night seed co??? Do you know jw?? Noticed it says rip hydro in ya sig, so ya may be allgood and I'm not gonna say what I was intending to...

Why do you want 10000 glue s1s??? Another over night seed co??? Do you know jw?? Noticed it says rip hydro in ya sig, so ya may be allgood and I'm not gonna say what I was intending to...

i want the seeds for a friend who has seedbank and his helped me
a lot in the past with my life.this is the main reason i want to make so much seeds.not another night seed co for sure stoney917..
who is jw? can you tell me?
hydrosun was my mentor in the past..hi helped my in the past
and hi sent me seeds for free..dont forget that i live in europe .
hydro was a good good man and i know without knowing him.
i had other username with 3000 post but i get busted and i changed my username because i missed the icmag.
i can t wright want i want to tell because my english skills are poor..any way thanks for the answer:tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
You'll probably need at least 10 females plant to get your 10,000 seeds indoors.

Maybe even 15 female plants. :tiphat:

Just know that no 2 plants give the same amount of seeds so it's hard to predict what you'll get.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i want the seeds for a friend who has seedbank and his helped me
a lot in the past with my life.this is the main reason i want to make so much seeds.not another night seed co for sure stoney917..
who is jw? can you tell me?
hydrosun was my mentor in the past..hi helped my in the past
and hi sent me seeds for free..dont forget that i live in europe .
hydro was a good good man and i know without knowing him.
i had other username with 3000 post but i get busted and i changed my username because i missed the icmag.
i can t wright want i want to tell because my english skills are poor..any way thanks for the answer:tiphat:

Jw = joesy whales = the one who created glue
Maybe a good idea to ask him before selfing his cut to make seeds for a seedbank especially 10000 ,
Rip hydrosun.

Jw = Grizz = the one who created glue
Maybe a good idea to ask him before selfing his cut to make seeds for a seedbank especially 10000 ,
Rip hydrosun.

i dont have the original cut,..i have s1 plants from seeds that a bought from dark horse.so we are talking for my plants,my thoughts and my seeds..nothing to do with jw,if you want ,i would like
to hear your opinion.:)

and please tell me ,what happen to hydrosun?

EDIT

this is the pheno that i choice for the seeds

picture.php

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
Hydro sun I sent with us anylonger. There’s nothing I can do to stop you from making gg4 s2 but it’s sure wouldn’t be helping me. I’m so tired of these seed makers making seeds without paying for the right to do so. Most of them just want money. I told everyone it was ok to make seeds for there personal use but not for sale unless it was oked by me. Just so you know.

Latest posts

Latest posts