What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Wine Hemp (14% CBD) - Anyone Grow It?

I have about 5 seeds & am planning to try growing some plants this spring. Has anyone grown this strain? It has amazing buds that smell strongly of cherries. It has undetectable THC levels but 14+% CBD.
Parentage = Charlotte's Cherries + The Wife

Just curious how tall it gets & what other things I may need to know. I'm growing directly in the ground & a couple in pots, all outdoors. I imagine they STINK based on the buds I have. Kinda hard to find stats on some of these high-CBD hemp strains online.

Thanks!

PDX Dopesmoker

I know someone who started a pack of those a few months ago, but this guy is dangerously retarded so I avoid him as much as possible. With luck I'll never seem him again.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Haha! "Dangerously retarded" is a good descriptor of some people :p

I saw on one site that Cherry Wine takes 63 days to flower, but that's about as much info as I can get. No idea on the height or anything. Oh yeah, it's described as a hybrid (indica & sativa) which was surprising. Maybe that means it won't be 12 ft. tall!

I'm growing a clone of her now for the first time indoors. Stanky and narcotic, good oil producer. The cut I have was isolated from a few acres my friend was doing. Does well outdoors and will eat plenty in full sun. Another friend planted some two gallons half way thru summer and they could be seen over his 6ft fence at harvest. 8 plants in 2s outgrew the 6x12 greenhouse and the plastic was pulled. Multiple delivery men complimented what they could see and smell of "those giant kushes out back." They were done by a competent organic gardener but i've never seen so many aphids on a plant. I'll keep this or a similar designer hemp in my garden for a while I think.

hellfire

It isn't hemp and certainly not undetectable. Saw a 10 acre plot of Cherry Wine go hot.

The group of people that made them robbed quite a few people blind last year and was trying to sue people for taking clones, hah.

It isn't hemp and certainly not undetectable. Saw a 10 acre plot of Cherry Wine go hot.

The group of people that made them robbed quite a few people blind last year and was trying to sue people for taking clones, hah.

:yeahthats

Small flowers, low flower to leaf ratio (i.e. leafy), 20:1 ratio consistently, good resin but not many aromatic terpenes. THC is definitely higher than "non-detectable". One of the three original breeders is with the Colorado Hemp Project. We've been forwarded some "interesting" test results that are used to lure buyers in with fantastic claims--the most common is testing shitty material that has been spiked with CBD isolate. Tests come back at 15%-20%, but all CBD--no CBDa, no THCa (or THC), etc. Caveat emptor.

Oh damn. lol. Yeah, the smell alone is insanely strong in the buds I have. Smells like top-shelf weed for sure but absolutely no head change. Test results for mine were as follows:

14.230% CBD-A
0.236% CBD
0.693% THC-A
Non-Detectable THC

That's the batch my seeds came from. I'm still planning to grow two outdoor plants in big pots...way out on the farmland where they'll hopefully go undetected. I'll be lucky if even one of them survives since I'm somewhat of a noob. But I love the strain so much I have to try. The seeds were free so it'd be wasteful to let them rot :D

P.S. - I'm sure they can easily "go hot" if allowed to grow too long, as that seems to be a problem with a lot of these high-CBD strains. Duly noted :)

Oh damn. lol. Yeah, the smell alone is insanely strong in the buds I have. Smells like top-shelf weed for sure but absolutely no head change. Test results for mine were as follows:

14.230% CBD-A
0.236% CBD
0.693% THC-A
Non-Detectable THC

That's the batch my seeds came from. I'm still planning to grow two outdoor plants in big pots...way out on the farmland where they'll hopefully go undetected. I'll be lucky if even one of them survives since I'm somewhat of a noob. But I love the strain so much I have to try. The seeds were free so it'd be wasteful to let them rot :D

I'm growing a clone of her now for the first time indoors. Stanky and narcotic, good oil producer. The cut I have was isolated from a few acres my friend was doing. Does well outdoors and will eat plenty in full sun. Another friend planted some two gallons half way thru summer and they could be seen over his 6ft fence at harvest. 8 plants in 2s outgrew the 6x12 greenhouse and the plastic was pulled. Multiple delivery men complimented what they could see and smell of "those giant kushes out back." They were done by a competent organic gardener but i've never seen so many aphids on a plant. I'll keep this or a similar designer hemp in my garden for a while I think.

interesting tell me more

Last edited:

calisun

I'm growing it now. The cut I got is sativa dominate and late to flower. It has good vigor. That's all I know right now. I will post the lab test results once finished.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

14.230% CBD-A
0.236% CBD
0.693% THC-A
Non-Detectable THC

HPLC test method probably.With the GC test method you'll have no detection of THCa and CBDa.

What is the lineage of the Wife?

rogerw

the cherry strains are a stay away from. cherry bomb will go hot also the best place to buy seeds from is oregon seeds . i will be doing 30 acres in the ark valley in southern colorado next year. the lifter may be special sauce for starters . spectrum is a good plant but you have to keep an eye on real close. we just bought our farm after 3 yrs of learning and working for others. so next year we are going for the gold lol. my partner even helped design a combine head to harvest the dry bud that you wind row to dry we are growing 1 acre for designer bud to sell to the local shops as trimmed and slow cured smoke bud

PDX Dopesmoker

the cherry strains are a stay away from. cherry bomb will go hot also the best place to buy seeds from is oregon seeds . i will be doing 30 acres in the ark valley in southern colorado next year. the lifter may be special sauce for starters . spectrum is a good plant but you have to keep an eye on real close. we just bought our farm after 3 yrs of learning and working for others. so next year we are going for the gold lol. my partner even helped design a combine head to harvest the dry bud that you wind row to dry we are growing 1 acre for designer bud to sell to the local shops as trimmed and slow cured smoke bud

Thanks for the hints, Hopefully that 30 acres won't keep you so busy next year that you can't update us on all the happenings, sounds like an interesting endeavor.

pinkus

Veteran
"Go hot" :thinking:

Do you mean produce pollen? I have never heard the term in regards to flowering weed.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm growing some gifted Med Tree Seeds Suzy Q Bx2 right now. ECtraveler is the only person I personally trust when it comes to the high CBD lines developed from drug type cultivars. I know what motivated him to pursue CBD and his intentions are pure and worthy of supporting. He shared that journey with us all in the San Diego's Finest thread.

Med Tree wins CBD cups with good reason. The SuzyQ was developed by Project CBD in Santa Rosa, Ca and the clone Med Tree worked with tested at 59:1. The Bx2 averages 25:1 - 30:1. If I can find anything in the 6.5-8% CBD range with .1 THC or below when mature, I'll be extremely happy.

dank.Frank

LostTribe

Premium user
I know someone who started a pack of those a few months ago, but this guy is dangerously retarded so I avoid him as much as possible. With luck I'll never seem him again.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

ROFL! That brightened my day!

Does the farm bill of 2018 permit the growing of CBD rich low level THC strains or just industrial hemp for non CBD products?

Where are seeds available?

calisun

Had my Cherry wine cut tested. It was .32 and .37 thc and .55 .65 thc-a CBD 15.54 and 15.89 terps 2.12 and 2.08. First numbers were harvested 12 days earlier than the second.
Nice plant but my particular cut was too high in thc and the cherry smell wasn't super strong oh and it was a late finisher. I didn't keep her. I'll stick with my other hemp plants with no detectable thc.

PDX Dopesmoker

ROFL! That brightened my day!

Does the farm bill of 2018 permit the growing of CBD rich low level THC strains or just industrial hemp for non CBD products?

Where are seeds available?

As far as I know the farm bill itself allows any cannabis that produces a product less than 0.3% THC by dry weight, but there is all sorts of state to state variation.
The dude who started this thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330712
is the guy who knows everything and has all the seeds.