What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Take heat away???

beaver50

I started some seeds.They have come up and have there 2nd set of leaves.I started them with a heat mat.When do I take the heat away from them?

Easy7

Veteran
What are room temps on the floor?

Do you have a large light that produces heat?

I never used heat mat

w3rds

once your roots have formed, the heat mat isnt necessary.(its never needed, but some people find it helpful early on.

whats your medium? Whats your light source?

if its soil and anything stronger than a cfl, I would stop using the heating pad.

MrBungle

The best way is to wait until they are pretty well established (couple full sets of leaves) then start to gradually harden them off by turning off the mat for a few hours then turning it back on... leaving it off for longer each time.. over the course of a few days the plant will be accustomed to normal temps without a heating pad

Budpirate

well just like w3rds says, heat mat is something you dont really need at all, assuming you have decent temperatures where you have the plants. I havent been using heat mats at all and has been working great without it.