What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAN I PULL 2-2.5 PER 1000W??WHY OR WHY NOT

Blaz3

So,sorry in advance for the noob question,and yes I know there are dozens around asking about yield.

My question is,what is the average,and possibly MAXIMUM yield,under a 1000hps,4x4? Without co2 supplementation.

So in theory,with this setup,a dialed in environment and nutrient shcedule,and optimal growth,could I pull ATLEAST 2 pounds per 1000w? 2.5pounds?

-a huge yielding,commercial strain
-4x8 tent
-2x1000hps
-aircooled reflectors sucking through a carbon filter
-passive intake (possibly active if needed)
-coco coir
-blumats
-synthetic nutrients,with certain supplemants that actually work

Im thinking 20-25 2gallon pots PER lighth....so 40-50 in the tent.

Vegged for multiple colas.

Can I pull atleast 2,if not 2.5 per lighth?Why or why not?

Tyga

Veteran
Vertical lighting or horizontal..? And what's this high yielding strain you have in mind if you don't mind me asking....

Mister_D

Veteran
All things in line, yes easily possible. I have gro bro's doing 3+ per 1000w horizontal, growing cali kushes :biggrin:. They are on another level not easily achieved however, but 2-2.5 per light is within reach if you know the rules and apply them accordingly. Remember plant numbers dictate yield, especially once you want to surpass 2.5 per light. Get your enviroment dialed to the tits, then worry about genetics. One is nothing without the other.

The Phoenix

Risen From The Ashes
Veteran
Easily pull around 50 oz per 1kw bulb with SOG.

First you will need an 8'x8' area per bulb with the right hood. 49 plants per bulb in 2 gallon dialed in organic soil, 7x7 pot configuration. Ocassional plant shifting will be needed.

No need for high yielding strains, just pull an oz or more per plant of a high potency strain that puts most of it's weight on the main stem.

Easy to get the weight, but SOG is alot of work to maintain, especially with multiple bulbs. It takes dedication.

Blaz3

Tyga,I was personally leaning towards Sanni's Kollusus,but any of the commercial staples will do..CriticalMass,Critical+...Chronic,AK47,etc,etc...

Yes,it will most likely be horizontal,although I WAS thinking a single 1000 per tent stadium will be good..but I dont think theres enough space.

MisterD,what in your mind,makes growing 3+ per not easy for someone?what are they7 doing that they have such good yields,can you share some tipcs,maybe their methods?3+ for kushes,is damn good.

Its funny,I remember first starting out,and all people said was lighth dictated yield,that no matter how many plants you put under them,a lighth is only capable of so much lol..how times change.

I was thinking 20 plants per 1000,each plant giving 2ounces,making 40ounces per lighth..or 2.5lbs...do these numbers sound reasonable..a 2ounce plant under 1000's are EASILY had righth?

Blaz3

True Phoenix..but the plant numbers are way too risky,besides Ill only be doing 1-2 runs a year...so not really practical to setup a huge mother/clone cycle,when Ill be killing all plants in a few months,you know?

d3cryption

Veteran
i would set goal @ 1.5 per and then adjust from there...

blaz3: You don't plan on keeping a mother? You plan on starting each cycle from seed?

Blaz3

Na,Ill start with fem seeds,enough to fill my canopies,and then clone each plant,and use those clones for the next round,and if possible,a further round.Clone of a clone method I guess.

Decrypt,isnt 1.5 per on the lighth side?

Im talking dialed in grow,excellent nutrients,ph levels and e.c closely monitered,75f,even canopy,blumats,a nice well maintaned grow.

Using every inch of the 4x8 canopy...maybe 4-6 main buds per plant..20-25 per 4x4...

Tyga

Veteran
They people who are pulling those kinds of numbers are people who have strong mother plants that they have most likely been working with for a long time. Genetics play a huge factor... you know when you pop a 10 pack you get a couple runts, a few good ones, and sometimes you get lucky with one kickass one? You take cuts from that kickass one and multiply it by 10! Or however many you need. Also you need to pick one strain, since your using blumats. All plants need different feedings... Some are heavy feeders, some are light. Some like lots of N, when others want more CA. So you won't be able to meet all there needs unless you had a separate dedicated reservoir for that one strain yanno?
Don't know why people are beating around the bush... If your not keeping moms/taking cuts and just want to order like 50 beans and rock your set up you won't hit those numbers... I'm not trying to be a dick but it just wont happen. Just hate to see someone go balls to the walls and invest all sorts of money and yield no where near expected.

Blaz3

True true..but remember,once its invested,its not like it was for nothing you know?Ill also be running 2x600 in the closet.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
SOG - 256 of the right cuts in 3x3 rockwool per 4'x4' table.

Those claiming 3+ (even 4!) horizontally..let alone with glass.. I'd have to see it bone dry to believe it. I converse with a lot of growers.. the majority of them are full of shit or simply don't know what bone dry is.

OP, dont get your hopes up. Most new growers (and a lot of seasoned growers) are pulling down 1-1.5lb per 1K. Good genetics dialed can get you 2ish..

Your chances of closing in on 2lb+ are much better with vertical.

just my 2c. Lots of fish stories.. not saying its not possible.. just not to be expected.

Tyga

Veteran
I hear ya brotha man. How does the saying go? Double your expected costs and half your expected yields. But yes the set-up will obviously pay it's self off wether it's on your first run or 2 or 3 runs.

d3cryption

Veteran
Listen to what tyga said... The only thing I don't agree with that he said is, is the blumat thing, and different strains...... ( I've rans multi strain, with 6/9 micro, bloom every grow no problem....) I've you're a feed by ppm's type of person , tyga is very correct.......

"Genetics play a huge factor... you know when you pop a 10 pack you get a couple runts, a few good ones, and sometimes you get lucky with one kickass one? You take cuts from that kickass one and multiply it by 10!" - tyga.............

blaz3: I don't see your grow being dailed , and everything, without you running it atleast 2-3 times... cause I'm pretty sure right off the bat, you wouldn't know what feed the will like. You also wouldn't know what type of veg they will need, and If not from proven clone, You wouldn't know it it yields or not.......

again I quote tyga "Genetics play a huge factor... you know when you pop a 10 pack you get a couple runts, a few good ones, and sometimes you get lucky with one kickass one? You take cuts from that kickass one and multiply it by 10!"

Blaz3

I will go with a solid,not too high ppm feeding,using Maxibloom per Lucas.Ill add some supplements such as KoolBloom,silica,mollases,etc,etc.nothing crazy.

And the strain I hope to get is a HUGE yielder,but yes your all righth.Now one more question.

1.Would co2 make a huge difference,or am I better off using a passive intake and a single exhaust fan?...Basically,should I seal the tent or not?

d3cryption

Veteran
c02 will make a difference... and will make a huge difference once dailed in.....
I believe regular c02 in a non-injected grow room is around 300
and if you inject c02 , it' seems like the norm is around 1000-1500

... only way you can know it made a difference, is if 1st is without, and 2nd grow is with, or vice versa..

Mister_D

Veteran
Blaz3 - I would have to write a book to even begin to explain all of the things involved in what those boys are doing. First things first, get your enviroment dialed to the tits. This is much more involved than just getting equipment to control temp humidity etc. I'm talking about things like mapping your light foot print to ensure every inch of the grow space is recieving equal lighting of proper strength. Which involves studying the quantium phsyics of light so you understand how light behaves. Same goes for the media you choose to use, and understanding air currents to setup fans properly. This list goes on.... Then you need to select genetics. Popping at bare minimum 100 seeds (1000 would be better 10,000 even more so) and selecting THE ONE keeper from that pool. Or if you are lucky enough to know someone who has done a good selection already and is willing to share that clone, go that route. Then you need to mono crop that one clone. Perfect health must be maintained at all times from the mother to the clone to the finished product. Feeds must be dialed for that clone (study nutrient interaction), start to finish. As mentioned in another thread, my boys aren't doing anything magic, just paying very close attention to the details. I suggest you study horticulture at the local college, and spend time learning how commerical operations setup and run things. I'm not talking about warehouses full of weed. I mean commerical grape growers, tomatos, salad greens etc. I know more about growing than some people I know that have been at it twenty years, and still consider my self a novice at best. This stuff can be self taught, if you are willing to dig and do the reading, but it won't come easy. Basicly unless you plan to make this a full time job (not seeming to be the case), just get your temps, humidity, air flow down. Use a simple feed program (lucas, h3ad, etc) and be happy with 1-2lbs per light.

I've done 1.5 bone dry per thowy on horizontals, and just did 2 bone dry per thowy verticals, and i have friends that do 2.25+ per thowy horizontals. and all these grows have no co2. coco and dwc.

Blaz3

Mighth I ask,what in the blue hell is a thowy lol??...And shit,Id be happy with 1.5 per thowy...Id also have 2x600 digitals rocking in the clsoet..so 3200watts...Id like atleast 4 pounds per run for all 4 lighths,coco and blumats,KISS nutrients.Also will use Jazzspray and UVB lighth to increase resin output.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
My last full run pulled just over 1 lb from 7 plants in a very inefficient SCROG with LOTS of wasted space to maintain access to the back of the area.

Run before that was quite a bit better, tho slightly staggered and I had some extra lady's stacked in the open space.

So hell yeah you can hit 2+ from 1kw.

I'm on hiatus from growing for an indefinite time, but an automatic watering system was one of things that was wrong with my room previously, and is on the list of shit to fix before I start rolling again. Looking into setting up some Blumats and stacking the room to the gills.