What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chang Mai x Pananma Goddess

canna.ballistic

Last year, whilst chatting with Luis from Ace about an order, he mentioned they had recently made a Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess cross which had just become available (I think it is now listed in the 2019 R&D catalogue). It sounded too interesting to pass by, so I added it to my order ... thanks Luis :) !!

I popped a seed of the Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess just before Christmas, and transplanted it outside into the ground when it was three weeks old. She has been subject to very hot and humid conditions since then (although very little rain), but has shown no issues with the challenging conditions. Now just on 5 foot tall, and starting some nice stretch, although no pistils showing within the buds yet.

Fantastic looking large 'alligator' leaves, good strong stem, and decent branching.

Stem smells are presently sweet spicy cedar, although there was also some over-ripe tropical fruit smells a couple of weeks ago.

Photos are from the start of the month (three weeks ago)
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

canna.ballistic

A post from Dubi on the Thai Chiang Mai, including link to cannabinoid analysis ...

Hi,

The Thai Chiang Mai dried and cured flowers (for a year!) display classic spicy, woody, lemony thai aromas, touches of green tea too.

The high starts gentle at the beginning, like not feeling very high then suddenly i realize that i'm trying to wear 2 pants at the same time Wow, this 'ugly' sativa really hits!
smile.gif

Definately creeper effect that becomes complex, trippy, sensorial, thought provoking (quite deeply intense) that gets stronger and stronger until reach the peak around 1-1.5 hours, then becomes more dreamy and relaxed (both in the mind and body). Surprisingly good, strong, long lasting and complex for a P1 SE asian landrace.

You can find more info about Thai Chiang Mai's cannabinoid and terpene profiles here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7782293&postcount=6

Koh Chang Thai is much more refreshing, uplifting, friendly, happy, completely feel good sativa effect, without hangover or relaxed post effect.

Hmong thai from Cannabiogen it's without any doubt the most nervous and electric thai from the three.

My favourite remains Koh Chang Thai, that's why i'm bringing so much the recent Golden Tiger breeding towards phenos of stronger Koh Chang Thai influence.

... crossed with Panama Goddess should be very interesting !!

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Hey cannaballistic,
finally we get to see a plant from this cross. I was about to try her but will wait for warmer temperatures in spring and summer as both parents like a more tropical environment.
There will be this cross and also the oaxaca x panama... i'm excited by just thinking about it :)
Your plant looks gorgeous already and i have a feeling she will become an amazing individual at full size after the stretch. Will you grow her in natural shape or do you plan some lst?
Really looking forward to this grow, best of luck!

Cheers

Arjan

Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess

Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess

Hello,

I am also growing Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess, I have 4 plants germinated first week of december.
My plants however are grown indoors under 400watt hps.
They are very vigorous and getting almost too big for my small growroom.

Here is a picture of them outside the growroom

canna.ballistic

Hey cannaballistic,
finally we get to see a plant from this cross. I was about to try her but will wait for warmer temperatures in spring and summer as both parents like a more tropical environment.
There will be this cross and also the oaxaca x panama... i'm excited by just thinking about it :)
Your plant looks gorgeous already and i have a feeling she will become an amazing individual at full size after the stretch. Will you grow her in natural shape or do you plan some lst?
Really looking forward to this grow, best of luck!

Cheers

Thanks Koondense

Yeah, my eyes lit up when I heard about this Thai Chiang Mai x Panama cross. I can vouch that she handles warm / hot weather very well, and so waiting for warmer temperatures to start your grow is probably a good idea. I popped my seeds very late in the season (around the time of the solstice), which will limit her size somewhat ... but she looks like she could end up being a very tall plant with an earlier start and a more extended vegetative period.

The Oaxaca x Panama you got also sounds interesting. I don't think that one was yet available when I ordered, but I did get a packet of Neville's Haze x Panama. There are lots of good reports around about how well the Panama Goddess has crossed with other sativas (e.g. Malawi, Honduras, Haze), and I would also expect the Thai, Oaxaca and NH to be interesting combinations.

I usually just let my girls do their own thing and grow into their natural shape ... although I often remove the popcorn buds near the base of the branches so as to open the plant up to more airflow ... I find this minimises problems later in the season when the flowers start plumping up and we get extended rainy periods.

Last edited:

canna.ballistic

Hello,

I am also growing Thai Chiang Mai x Panama Goddess, I have 4 plants germinated first week of december.
My plants however are grown indoors under 400watt hps.
They are very vigorous and getting almost too big for my small growroom.

Here is a picture of them outside the growroom

View Image

Hey Arjan

Great to see someone else growing the Thai Chiang Mai x Panama. Your plant on the right appears to look the most similar to mine, but some close-up photos of each of your plants would be great to get an idea of the different traits.

I agree, once she gets going, she is very vigorous ... probably only needs a very short veg period if you are indoors.

Your girls look like they are already in flower ... if so, how many weeks ? I suppose the next question, is any guesses on how long the flowering period will be ... I'm guessing 12 to 14 weeks due to the influence of the Thai slightly lengthening the Panama flowering period (which I think is 10 to 12 weeks) ... maybe Dubi can comment at some some ??

Good luck with your grow, and please keep us all updated !!

Last edited:

Arjan

Hey canna.ballistic,

I started my plants in december on 14/10 light regime and switched to 12\12 somewhere end of december, later they were switched to 13/11.
I think they are in flower for around 5 weeks now.

This grow is mainly to make seed with them, I am more of a outdoor/greenhouse grower I grow them inside because they flower too late outdoor for me.
I crossed them with 4 fast males of a Early wonder skunk x Guerreroberry (autoflowering male) cross I made to make them flower earlier.

Two plants start to smell a bit like panama the other two dont have much smell yet,they have mainly a minty floral smell.

I look forward to see your plant grow outdoors in soil. I bet it will get huge.
Goodluck with your grow

canna.ballistic

Hey canna.ballistic,

I started my plants in december on 14/10 light regime and switched to 12\12 somewhere end of december, later they were switched to 13/11.
I think they are in flower for around 5 weeks now.

This grow is mainly to make seed with them, I am more of a outdoor/greenhouse grower I grow them inside because they flower too late outdoor for me.
I crossed them with 4 fast males of a Early wonder skunk x Guerreroberry (autoflowering male) cross I made to make them flower earlier.

Two plants start to smell a bit like panama the other two dont have much smell yet,they have mainly a minty floral smell.

I look forward to see your plant grow outdoors in soil. I bet it will get huge.
Goodluck with your grow

Thanks for the extra photos Arjan ... nice to see the flowers ... only another nine weeks to go !! :biggrin:

Is that Guerroberry the same as Chimera's Highland Mexican x Blueberry ? I grew that a couple of years ago ... it was the favorite smoke for many people that year !!

canna.ballistic

A couple of photos of the Thai Chiang Mai x Panama from today.

This girl has legs ... stretching at about a foot a week ... just over 2.0 metres high now, branching nicely. No sign of heading yet, so more stretching to come !!

picture.php
picture.php

Arjan

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is that Guerroberry the same as Chimera's Highland Mexican x Blueberry ?[/FONT][/FONT]

The guerreroberry is highland mexican x blueberry f2 repro made by a member here named Bloyd I believe.
I found a male that autoflowered. Apparently that comes from the blueberry side of the cross.
I grew a couple of Early wonder skunk plants at the same time from an autoflowering selection I made, so I crossed these together.

I grew the f1 last summer, they were germinated somewhere in july and harvested half of oktober.

The smoke was strong but a bit too much indica for my taste so that is why I crossed it with thai x panama.

Arjan

update

update

Hello,

I want to give a little update on my plants.

A couple weeks ago I put the plants in my greenhouse because I had trouble keeping them happy in my small growroom. They got to close to the lightbulb and to a heater, a couple leaves got burnt.

By putting them in my greenhouse I was able to plant them in a bigger container because they started to get hungry and the small containers they were in before dried out too fast.

The plants seem to ripen pretty fast now, a bit early but they are heavily pollinated so that might speed things up a bit.
I think they are about 9 or 10 weeks in flower.

Most of the seeds are ripe now and I have been harvesting some.

Because of the rainy weather the last week my greenhouse became real humid and water dripped on the plants and now 2 plants have a bit of botrytis in the buds.
The plant with the most rot in the buds has been harvested today,
it was pretty close to being ripe so I don't mind to harvest it now.

I will upload some pictures of the buds.

Greetings,

Arjan

canna.ballistic

Arjan

It sucks when you get the dreaded botrytis so close to harvest because the humidity levels have suddenly spiked through the roof. However, looking at those photo, you should still get plenty of seed, as well as some nice smoko on the side as a reward for all your hard work ... :biggrin:

I agree that the heavy pollination would have shortened the flowering time for you, but only 10 weeks to harvesting is a lot quicker than I would have guessed.

Cheers

Hello,

I want to give a little update on my plants.

A couple weeks ago I put the plants in my greenhouse because I had trouble keeping them happy in my small growroom. They got to close to the lightbulb and to a heater, a couple leaves got burnt.

By putting them in my greenhouse I was able to plant them in a bigger container because they started to get hungry and the small containers they were in before dried out too fast.

The plants seem to ripen pretty fast now, a bit early but they are heavily pollinated so that might speed things up a bit.
I think they are about 9 or 10 weeks in flower.

Most of the seeds are ripe now and I have been harvesting some.

Because of the rainy weather the last week my greenhouse became real humid and water dripped on the plants and now 2 plants have a bit of botrytis in the buds.
The plant with the most rot in the buds has been harvested today,
it was pretty close to being ripe so I don't mind to harvest it now.

I will upload some pictures of the buds.

Greetings,

Arjan

canna.ballistic

Well, my Thai Chiang Mai x Panama has gone 'ballistic' over the past few weeks ... although she had a late start (around the time of the solstice), she still ended up stretching to just over 9', and has branched quite nicely with plenty of bud sites.

She started flowering about 3 weeks ago, and already has very heady and complex terpene aromas ... varying from sweet spicy cedar to sweet alcoholic citrus (e.g. like opening a bottle of cointreau) ... :biggrin:

So far there is a lot to like about this girl, including her big-ass fan leaves. She is showing the results of dedicated breeders having carried out nice selections on the parental lines over a number of generations (Ace, Dubi and previously Charlie from CBG with the Panama, and whoever maintained the Thai Chiang Mai line which Ace used in this cross) ... kudos to you all !!

picture.php
picture.php