What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watering plants with Dehumidifier water....

Aksala

I've gotten some mixed answers when i did a search for using the dehumifier water for watering my plants...

Wondering if anyone else uses it and what are your results/suggestions?

Seems like such a waste...I pull about 5 gallons of water out of the air each day....

I use mine, it seems to be as good as R/O water but I haven't checked it out but I will today and let ya know what is in it if anything.

ibjamming

Veteran
It's distilled water...nothing in it. You'll "probably" have to add ca/mg if you go that route.

G

Guest 18340

Just make sure the rez of the dehumidifier is clean. a lot of times theirs mold an shit growing in it.

halitzor

Just make sure the rez of the dehumidifier is clean. a lot of times theirs mold an shit growing in it.

No one would waste time letting the res fill and emptying it manually. You take the res off and stick a hose on the output ....

Aksala

Ya mine actually comes with a plug in the back that you can remove and drain through a hose...

So most of the time its draining through a hole in the bottom of my shed...when I need water I just drain to a 5 gallon jug.

G

Guest 18340

No one would waste time letting the res fill and emptying it manually. You take the res off and stick a hose on the output ....
Speak for yourself, I tapped the threaded fitting thats on the rez. Guess I like to waste time:blowbubbles:

starrider

my dehumidifier has a garden hose fitting to bypass the res on the unit it works out great.good point on mold though

S

SCROG McDuck

I get Ph readings of 4.8 or so, out of the AC condensate...
Don't know why... Read somewhere, I dono, that the copper from the innards of the AC could pass nasties (copper!?) to the water.. I figured 4.8 Ph <>what makes it 4.8ish!
RO isnt that expensive, anyone else check the Ph?