What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this a pH issue, or just a bitchy plant?

I

InvisibleEmpire

Ok, just some quick BG info so you guys know my experience.

I have ran 3 successful grows prior, with the same strains, same sets of seeds. (Nirvana white widow/white rhino)

I have seen cal/mag deficiencies in these strains, but nothing a dose of cal/mag doesn't fix on the next 1 or 2 feedings.

I have 3 plants - 2 are vigorous, healthy growers and one seems to be an overall crappy grower. Not many fan leaves, long spaces in between branches...and now the fan leaves are dying off. It has the prime symptoms of a cal/mag deficiency, but the leaves are curling UP and dying at a very quick rate. I'm 22 days into flowering (and these go ~55-60 ish) and the other 2 plants are perfectly fine while this 1 in particular isn't.

I've watered all 3 plants with the same water, and normally when i add my nutrients (floranova bloom) it lowers the pH automatically to an acceptable level and never really had this severe of an issue. I'm assuming it's just a bitchy/runt plant but I'm not sure what to do..

I've dosed this particular plant with both nutrients added, plain water (pH lowered to 6.5ish) with cal/mag...and no improvement. You can see the difference in growth between the 2 pictures.

Problematic plant:
picture.php

Healthy plant:
picture.php

again, keep in mind these plants were fed the exact same way and 2/3 are healthy as can be, except this one.

i'm assuming it's done for, but i would like to salvage it if at all possible. the only thing i can come up with is to get like 3-4 gallons of dosed water to pH 6.5, flush, then next watering feed with proper nutrients. is this my only recourse, or is this plant just a runt and bound to die since it's growth has been shitty at best?

thanks!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I'd lower your pH to mid 5's if I were you, not that I think it would explain that one plant, but your pH is a bit high for hydro.

RetroGrow

Veteran
That one plant looks a little burned. Perhaps more nute sensitive. I would give it a good flushing, and then resume feeding but cut back on the strength.

the gnome

Veteran
I agree, 1st pic looks like nute burn,
if it took those leaves to look like that quickly as you said, probably nute burn
a def. goes slower.
eactly how long tolook like that?

I

InvisibleEmpire

Well it's kind of a check-once-daily type thing, and every day over the course of 3-4 days i watched as the leaves began to turn like that...

I'm going to flush with straight water next watering, what is target pH of water to flush with, 6.5?

Latest posts

Latest posts