What's new

when to stop caring...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I have a question about when to stop worring about brown spots, yellow leaves, praying for mag or any of the rest of it.

At some point towards the end of flowering I'm sure none of these things matter anymore.. is that right? or am I a bit twp?

for example, my K2 in soil has a serious calcium deficiency but is almost at the end of week 5 of flowering (of 8) I certainly don't want anything bad to happen to her, but I also don't want to be pumping her full of calcium so close to harvest..so I'll just lightly treat her.. but if this was the end of next week I'd say "too late to care".. right? ...or not? :eek::

(of course I always actually care, but what I'm asking is, at what point are you doing more harm than good?)

N

Nathindica

im new at this as well but i'd say its never too late to care until its time to flush. up until that point... i'd treat it. just be sure it's actually a cal deficiency and not cal being locked out for some other reason.

but thats just me. and my 1.3 grows of experience. haha.

JamieShoes

Veteran
cool so as in this example, at the end of next week (week 6) you'd stop worrying and start flushing?

Thats kinda what I'm getting at really...I plan to start flushing for 14 days at the end of week 6.. but for certain she's going to look pretty poorly by chop time...

N

Nathindica

well im not sure if the problem will delay the ripening of the buds. if so you'd want to fix it before flushing.

can anyone else with a bit more expertise want to answer that?

N

Nathindica

and using a product like clearex could speed up your flush and bring it down to a week or so. i know a lot of people cringe upon reading about flushing agents but if you aren't one of those then it may not be a bad idea. fix it... get nicer buds.. still get it flushed.

JamieShoes - I am fairly similar. If my plant only has two weeks to go until the chop and has some sort of definciency, I'm going to flush it anyway so who cares. BUT if it was the first week of flowering, I'm going to address the problem to ensure the rest of the 9 weeks are optimal.

JamieShoes

Veteran
oh mate, anything looking iffy in the first week and I'm sweating like a pig at a BBQ :wink:

thanks for the tip Nath, I'll read up on those

H

Hazeseeker

in the words of Mr Miagee - "never worry Daniel San, just learn + move on":wink::yes:

peace

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Awesome thread title! :D:D

Spray em with weak kelp spray until they look ripe. Then do nothing and chop em 10 days later :D

JamieShoes

Veteran
lol thanks Brother B, I'll defintely try that... I swear though, if I'd said my leg had fallen off, you'd reccomend kelp spray :wink:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
If it is a prob in the last few weeks of flowering before harvest then you obviously stopped caring before things got to this stage.

JamieShoes

Veteran
If it is a prob in the last few weeks of flowering before harvest then you obviously stopped caring before things got to this stage.

yeah obviously... or maybe I was new and didnt understand the dosing on one of the nutes and have been under feeding... :wink:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
yeah obviously... or maybe I was new and didnt understand the dosing on one of the nutes and have been under feeding... :wink:
You asked when if at all when people stop caring and i answered it for ya. Your dosing has nothing to do with the main question you asked.

JamieShoes

Veteran
ah maybe I should point out that in this context we're using the word "care" as a verb. perhaps I should've worded my question "when to stop administering care so as not to fuck up the end product by having it full of chemicals"...

thanks for your input.
j :wink:

p.s at what point are you answering the question of what other people do by pointing out my mistakes? I'm pretty familiar with what I do.. thats why I asked...

I have a suggestion mate, if you cant answer a question without having a little "holier than thou" moment, don't bother yeah? :smile:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
chubby, cut a noob some slack. The thread should have been titled "When should I stop 'correcting'". I think that he explained the situation and his Q pretty well. One look at dood's grow says he cares. A shitload. A harder look says "Holy shit, that's a FIRST grow???"

I care about my plants too, and sometimes I end up with cal or Mag or N or sulfur def's. I stop caring about fukked up leaves (on an otherwise healthy plant) ~10-14 days from chop. I tell em 'starve, bitch!'.
:D

BTW, the title made me laugh and click on the thread.