What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking about how things have changed

Justa6655321

Veteran
Last night I couldn’t decide if I wanted to smoke some of my personal bubblegum stash that I love or some of my favorite hash that I made. The hash is some of the best I have ever smoked. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to use my triple filtered bong with my concentrate bowl or my vaporizer….I took out my new bubblebox and made myself a nice joint with some flavored papers I got over the internet – Then sitting around high watching a show that I had DVRD from my Directv I started to think about just how fucking far the cannabis culture has come since I was in high school 20+ years ago. Weed was just weed, choices, ha, we took whatever we could get. Bongs….PVC – Vaporizers didn’t exist. We used to smoke shit out of whatever we could find.

Now things are so different. I browse Seedbay looking to pick up some of the best genetics. Hell, I pay top dollar because well….I can. But back in the day there was just weed. Who would have thought things would be this different?

I look at my kids and think what life for them will be like in 30 years. It’s scary. I’m getting way too fucking old!

I’m rambling – maybe it’s Alzheimer's

Chomp

HAHA! That was a good post...made me think a little......about how freaking old I am thanks alot!!!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well no doubt about it, things have changed big time. I would tend to disagree on the selection though. Perhpas that's a regional thing but back in the day we had the Primo weed (Columbian Gold and Red, Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, Hawaiian, Black African, etc) that went for $35 an ounce. Then you had Jamaican, and certain strains of Mexican that were decent that went for about $20 an ounce. Then there was the average Mexican or dirt weed as we called it, that went for $15 an ounce. Of course you also had specialty items like Hash or Thai stick which had varying prices based on supply and demand. You also had homegrown which was so nasty folks had a hard time just giving it away.

Now a days the Primo strains of the old days are near impossible to find. Dirt weed is still around and still one of the more affordable although it's alot more then $15 an ounce. The biggest change though is the Homegrown which now, for the most part, is at the top of the choices if the grower knows what they are doing and is going for as much as $500 to $600 per ounce.

trouble

Veteran
Now things are so different.

Who would have thought things would be this different?

I look at my kids and think what life for them will be like in 30 years. It’s scary. I’m getting way too fucking old!

I’m rambling – maybe it’s Alzheimer's

Regrettably,the sands of time are running out on us my friend. Getting old is like an opium dream. Nothing seems real except the unreal.

However, I have found through my own personal experience that age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone!

BlueMonk

20 yrs ago I would never have dreamed that I would have the weed selection that I have now. Age has its drawbacks, but like the OP, it has some advantages too. Excuse me while I go grab a very fresh Heineken from the extra fridge that I keep at 34 degrees and then maybe, I will smoke a little weed that is 10 times better than the stuff I had in high school. Cheers everyone!

robereno

:yoinks:35yrs out of high school man it sure went fast but im kicking back:joint::abduct::yeahthats

40 years for me this June and yeah, it went way too fast. But these are my best days. Retired with a comfortable life and acres available for growing. The weed has never been better compared to the crap I was getting back in 1968.

ben ttech

last night i sawed an old pipe in half to get at the resin...
i dont get to see the kids till the third wednesday of the month...
fortunately the feeling exhumed should be gone by then...

808kahumai

Hell, I remember black and white TV with rabbit ears and turn dial phones. Yeah things have changed. Some for the better and well.....some for the very worst. The good ole herb.....well, it has only gotten better. A quarter oz was under 15 dollars and it was Mexican block if you got the good stuff and it all had seeds. It wasn't until college 'till I even heard the word hydro. I am amazed that I have become somewhat of a snob about my weed now. Here's one for anyone that remembers life without a computer, that b/w TV with no remote, and the dense brick block full of seeds back in the day!:joint:

There was decent weed 20 years ago, heck that was just the early 90's. Some AK, Northern Lights, don't recall what else, some Hawaiian, probably a lot of other things that were harder to find.......probably the strains not that common until ten years afterwords.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
You can bet your sweet ass I remember back when,
Back when a hoe was a hoe
Coke was a coke
And crack's what you were doing
When you were cracking jokes.

Back when a screw was a screw
The wind was all that blew
And when you said I'm down with that
Well it meant you had the flu
I miss back when

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
reading this post has made me long for the simple times again..

Brigand13

One of the lessons here is that this happens to every generation. Our parents and teachers reached these same conclusions and we were there to see it but didnt know what they were talking about. Armed with that knowledge, look back and see what it was like for them. My parents came up in the depression and met during WWII. Imagine what the' 70s seemed like compared to that.

Homer Tokes

Just moments ago I received an email invitation to my 30 year high school reunion and Thursday night my daughter graduates high school. It's weird!!

jwm

Veteran
I've got kids ranging from 7 to 27....I refuse to get old!!! ha What's the saying, youth is wasted on the young.... agreed~

Latest posts

Latest posts