What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

430 watt bulb in 400 digital

M

moses224

Does anyone have any experiance with the 430w bulbs that are available. I dont recall seeing a 430w ballast so im assuming they are running in 400w ballast. Is this correct or am I off track?

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
from a technical point of view most eletrical drvices have a tollerence of about +/- 10%
so I'd say the 430 will work in a 400w ballast

M

moses224

Thanks for the quick response. Ib heard of guys putting 600w in 400w ballast. Im just not that type of guy. I would however consider the 430 because I would be pushing the limits to far. Like you said +/- 10%. I just spent $92 on a hortilux 400 but it will definately be something to consider in the future for my smaller ballast

G.O. Joe

Veteran
People use 430 ballasts with 430 bulbs. Refusing to pay Hortilux prices on principle, I run a 430 Son Agro on a Sunleaves 430 magnetic ballast. Whether or not anything except the sticker is any different, well I need to look inside sometime.

They might run in a 400, but at the very least something about the light coming out in that case has to be fucked up some.

Last edited: