What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian exclusive strains/clones

Thesearch

Hey everyone! I'm searching for a list of Canadian *exclusive* strains and clones. Of course it is possible to get clones and seeds anywhere, but what are some virtually Canadian only strains, Canadian bred strains and virtually exlusively Canadian held genetics? Please help me finish/refine this list! I want to show the world what strains we have to offer.

[updated as of Jan. 1st 2020]

God bud (Grown On Denman)
[and God crosses notably
gods green crack,
ambrosia,
grapegod,
nuken]
Port Alberni Pine bud (Romulan)
Space Queen (bred by VicHigh)
Orange crush (vichigh)
Love Potion #1
Texada Timewarp
Pinewarp
C-warp
Seaweed (c-weed)
Blue Truck
Quebec Gold
Pink Kush (very stinky kush with hybrid effects)
[and Pink kush crosses, notably
Pink Tuna,
Pink Candy Kush
Pink Rockstar
Pink Ghost train]
Lowryder (first commercially available autos)
Animal Cookies
[BC] Rockstar Kush (rockstar x bubba kush)
Lasqueti Haze
Mighty Mite
Night Nurse
Blue city diesel
Island sweet skunk
Tuna Kush [?]
UBC Chemo
Nuken (God bud x shishkaberry)
Jean Guy (supposedly white widow phenotype/cross)
Barbara bud
Manitoba Poison
*René
*Red Congo (not landrace one)
*Willie Nelson
*Harmony
*"liberty haze" [what was the original called?]
*apple pie (barneys ac. gold)
*g13xhaze (airborne g13 x ssh)
*sweet tooth
*plumb bud
*jerry berry (friesland cut?)
*r2 (more info?)
*cactus (more info?)
*mountain jam
*island honey
* blue dynamite
*dynamite/bc grapefruit
*shishkaberry

I know I'm forgetting some, I will keep posting new lists as I go as I have not reached 50 posts yet.

Last edited:

Somatek

Island Sweet Skunk was a poor knock off of the original Sweet Skunk clone. René and Mighty Mite are missing from the list as well off the top of my head

E

ESTERCHASER

island sweet skunk

island sweet skunk

Hey everyone! I'm searching for a list of Canadian *exclusive* strains and clones. Of course it is possible to get clones and seeds anywhere, but what are some virtually Canadian only strains, Canadian bred strains and virtually exlusively Canadian held genetics? Please help me finish/refine this list! I want to show the world what strains we have to offer.

God bud (Grown On Denman) [and God crosses notably gods green crack and ambrosia]
Orange crush (vichigh)
Love Potion #1 BC cut (lemon pine skunk haze pheno)
Texada Timewarp
Pinewarp
C-warp
Seaweed (c-weed)
Blue Truck
Quebec Gold
Pink Kush (very stinky kush with hybrid effects and legendarily og genetics)
Animal Cookies
BC Rockstar Kush (rockstar x bubba kush)
Lasqueti Haze
Mighty Mite
Night Nurse
Blue city diesel
Island sweet skunk
Tuna Kush [black tuna, pink tuna etc]
UBC Chemo

I know I'm forgetting some, I will keep posting new lists as I go as I have not reached 50 posts yet.

the ISS truly a top 3 keeper if tis what i was exposed to!

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hey Guys I bred
1 Pink Kush (King x C kush) and 3 Lines since started working on the strain many years ago won 06 High life .with Barneys
2 Love Potion #1 SMCG x Airborne G13 x SMCG IBl bow
3. Ultra Early Love Potion
4. Auto Love Potion
5 Auto Pink Kush
6 Harmony Lemon Larry OG x Lemon Thai IBL
7 Willie Nelson VB x Nepalese Won 05 Htcc best overall strain with Barneys
8 . Liberty haze They say G13 Chem 91 its G13 x Skunk 1 x UBC chemo
9.Early Purple Kush won 1st in 2011 TY cup
10 Night Nurse Harmony hash Plant won cup in 2014
11, Red Congolese Acapulco Gold x Kabul Afghani x Congolese won cups in cali
12 Acapulco gold sold by Barneys started as Apple Pie Acapulco gold x Nepalese
14 g13 x Haze sold by Barneys is not the Nevil cut its Airborne g13 x SSH was bred in Canada
15 I forget others

Peace Love and Good Vibes search me on Fb great pictures Give you a hint

Attachments

• 28954015_918366868324234_2884340659835491213_o-1.jpg
    28954015_918366868324234_2884340659835491213_o-1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 91

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Hey Guys I bred
1 Pink Kush (King x C kush) and 3 Lines since started working on the strain many years ago won 06 High life .with Barneys

Thank you for this. It is a nice PK & an easy grow.

5 Auto Pink Kush

I didn't know this existed. Are seeds available? Or is the Barney's the better grow?

Interesting . . .

Thesearch

Island Sweet Skunk was a poor knock off of the original Sweet Skunk clone. René and Mighty Mite are missing from the list as well off the top of my head
The one I've tried is citrusy and not strong but tasty. I do believe it is a sweet skunk cross though. Mighty Mite was included, René is a good one though! I forgot that strain!

Freezeland from Quebec
M39 (shit weed but it was a classic)
The Jack from Quebec
Friesland Indica is a strain from the Netherlands named after a place there. M39 was a part of an indica hybrid breeding project from the netherlands also to my knowledge. Not sure where Jack Herer is from, but although they are fairly iconic here, I'm not sure I would consider them Canadian genetics or fairly exclusive to here, those genetics were always available in dutch seedbanks to my knowledge. Would you say the Canadian cuts are unique?

Hey Guys I bred
2 Love Potion #1 SMCG x Airborne G13 x SMCG IBl bow
3. Ultra Early Love Potion
4. Auto Love Potion
5 Auto Pink Kush
6 Harmony Lemon Larry OG x Lemon Thai IBL
7 Willie Nelson VB x Nepalese Won 05 Htcc best overall strain with Barneys
8 . Liberty haze They say G13 Chem 91 its G13 x Skunk 1 x UBC chemo
9.Early Purple Kush won 1st in 2011 TY cup
10 Night Nurse Harmony hash Plant won cup in 2014
12 Acapulco gold sold by Barneys started as Apple Pie Acapulco gold x Nepalese
14 g13 x Haze sold by Barneys is not the Nevil cut its Airborne g13 x SSH was bred in Canada
15 I forget others

Peace Love and Good Vibes search me on Fb great pictures Give you a hint

Thank you for chiming in. A few of these I never knew the breakdown of or that you bred them!
Always suspected that the red congo here was a hybrid. it was too dense of buds and too chill a high to be 100% sativa. Thank you for clearing that long mystery. There are some red congo threads here you should check. I've heard you say that about the acapulco gold, g13 haze and the pink kush but not the liberty haze also... What did you call the liberty haze and what happened that barney is ripping off your strains and not giving any credit?

R2 from NB/NS. This is probably the strongest I've smoked. Finishes outdoors around sept 15-20th. Clone has been around for roughly 20 years.
I've never heard of R2 before, can you give me more info on it? The only strain with that name I know of is from when Roor was selling seeds.

Can you tell me more about cactus? I've never heard of it.

Thank you everyone for contributing! I will update this list soon!

Last edited:

Somatek

The one I've tried is citrusy and not strong but tasty. I do believe it is a sweet skunk cross though. Mighty Mite was included, René is a good one though! I forgot that strain!

ISS was crossed to one of the white's (widow, rhino, russian, can't remember offhand) and then back crossed and I find it generally has a muddier buzz compared to the bell like high from sweet skunk. Which ironically doesn't have skunk in it but is most likely a cross of Grapefruit and NL x Haze.

What did you call the liberty haze and what happened that barney is ripping off your strains and not giving any credit?

That's been their M.O. from the beginning, I remember how pissed Breeder Steve was about them ripping of his sweet tooth.

Tynehead Tom

missing from the list....

fraser valley blueberry hashplant
and from Breeder Steve
Shiskaberry
Sweet Tooth
Plumb Bud

Black Tuna isn't Canadian , it is an imported PNW cut.

HerbChambers

Jerry Berry was I believe a Friesland clone held in Eastern Canada. It used to regularly flood the northeastern us every fall in the 90s/early 2000s

troutman

Seed Whore
Jerry Berry was I believe a Friesland clone held in Eastern Canada. It used to regularly flood the northeastern us every fall in the 90s/early 2000s

Friesland Indica seeds are not hard to get anymore. :tiphat:

Using it now to breed a totally new strain. :dance013:

Thesearch

Black Tuna isn't Canadian , it is an imported PNW cut.

What makes you believe that? I always heard tuna kush was from BC and got its name originally from the tuna cans it was packed into for discretion in sales, a practice that can still be seen in certain dispenseries in BC. Black tuna I always assumed was also canadian. Where did you read/hear/experience this? Thanks! The more history I read the better so thank you for all your contributions!

Here is the updated list with autos not included(besides lowryder) to help keep it simpler.

God bud (Grown On Denman)
[and God crosses notably
gods green crack,
ambrosia,
grapegod,
nuken]
Orange crush (vichigh)
Love Potion #1
Texada Timewarp
Pinewarp
C-warp
Seaweed (c-weed)
Blue Truck
Quebec Gold
Pink Kush (very stinky kush with hybrid effects)
Animal Cookies
[BC] Rockstar Kush (rockstar x bubba kush)
Lasqueti Haze
Mighty Mite
Night Nurse
Blue city diesel
Island sweet skunk
Tuna Kush [?]
UBC Chemo
Nuken (God bud x shishkaberry)
Jean Guy (supposedly white widow phenotype/cross)
Barbara bud
Manitoba Poison
*René
*Red Congo (not landrace one)
*Willie Nelson
*Harmony
*"liberty haze" [what was the original called?]
*apple pie (barneys ac. gold)
*g13xhaze (airborne g13 x ssh)
*sweet tooth
*plumb bud
*jerry berry (friesland cut?)
*r2 (more info?)
*cactus (more info?)
*mountain jam
*island honey
* blue dynamite
*dynamite/bc grapefruit

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Thesearch

has anyone heard of quebec pluton or the pluton x friesland cross known as "freezeland" ? I used to hear it called freezeland all the time.but just assumed it to be broken telephone.

HerbChambers

has anyone heard of quebec pluton or the pluton x friesland cross known as "freezeland" ? I used to hear it called freezeland all the time.but just assumed it to be broken telephone.

I believe that is from Bush Brothers seeds. His site has not been up for a while. He took the Friesland clone (Jerry Berry?) crossed it to a pluton male and then bx’d it a number of times to create Freezeland.