What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Coconut Oil Extract

CrispySonOfA

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I thought I would try. I am trying to make a full spectrum extract. I want to preserve as much of the plant profile as possible. My plan is to take fresh trim/bud and put it in a food processor. Make a green slurry by adding a bit of water. Put it in my crockpot on low for a good 24hours with the coconut oil. I grew a high CBD low thc strain and want to make an edible oil/tincture out of it. Is it possible to decarboxylate it in the crockpot without using dry material. I want to preserve as much of the essence/terps as possible. What do you guys think?

Sorry about my previous post in the wrong section.

oldchuck

Veteran
It takes time and/or temperature to decarb. What you are planning will not provide enough of either. Maybe CBDA will work for you. Don't know what you are after.

Lots of people are doing coconut oil extractions and selling them. Problem is that you cannot concentrate whatever the oil extracts. For my purposes that is way too little. I need a concentrated extract. I use ethanol and distill off as much as possible. It's like BHO but without the butane hazards.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Once you decarb and extract with ethanol, you can mix the coconut oil and alcohol and heat gently until the alcohol is gone.

MedicalMilitia

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I thought I would try. I am trying to make a full spectrum extract. I want to preserve as much of the plant profile as possible. My plan is to take fresh trim/bud and put it in a food processor. Make a green slurry by adding a bit of water. Put it in my crockpot on low for a good 24hours with the coconut oil. I grew a high CBD low thc strain and want to make an edible oil/tincture out of it. Is it possible to decarboxylate it in the crockpot without using dry material. I want to preserve as much of the essence/terps as possible. What do you guys think?

Sorry about my previous post in the wrong section.

You would have to increase the temps and/or time for CBD. For decarb I use a mason jar in a water bath at 95C(203F) for an hour and a half, but for CBD I would suggest 95C for 2hours 15min.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
You would have to increase the temps and/or time for CBD. For decarb I use a mason jar in a water bath at 95C(203F) for an hour and a half, but for CBD I would suggest 95C for 2hours 15min.

Hi, would you share your source for this? Or, is this just based upon your personal experiences? Do you have any equipment to measure CBDa vs CBD or are you, again, going by personal basis?

Also. does this info apply to flowers? Or, are you talking about an extract/coconut oil mixture?

I have not seen any info on proper temp or duration for converting CBDa to CBD so you'r post caught my attention.

Thanks