What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BadKat's CannaPharm: Canna Caps, UV Reactive GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna 'Bombs' & more

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Are you oven heating yours? The only reference to temperature I can find is 180 for ten minutes… unsure if Fahrenheit or Celsius….
I wasn't going to heat but presume it's celcius? Guessed the lecithin at a teaspoon but looks like a bit too much. I used just over 5 grams of bud, and a mortar and pestle to grind it up rather than a blender.

I now have a green/brown sludge in a jar. Will give it a couple of days and try a tenth dose, half a gram and see.

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Mixed up the goods tonight.
my hash was already pressed Gumby hash so I broke the 5g into chunks, stuck them on a pin and heated then crumbled. Ended up with this:
C5F430CE-B7AB-48E3-AE11-EB7B75E699FA.jpeg

Which I mixed with these:

4EA70B5A-D637-46EE-9290-23A8DE75E5C4.jpeg
576FAB12-41B2-4311-BA21-D7C719BB13DD.jpeg

805DD1CE-AA6B-4040-AE87-1A24EC072860.jpeg

And added 2tsp vinegar:
FC00CB2A-7E3B-48D7-985C-142345B7288F.jpeg

Then mixed and pressed with the spoon, foil wrapped and put in the oven at 100f for ten minutes (the other badkitty recipes are in f, so I guess she meant that) which didn’t seem enough, so I repeated that step.
Glossy but still breaking down impressively well so I’m leaving it overnight
76A74467-40D1-4EBB-AAA7-BA3ED0C03246.jpeg

I will report back

TheDarkStorm

Good thread....should be helpful to many people....an very nice of BadKittySmiles for getting this info out to as many people as possible...for free too...nice lady..

Not sure if this has been addressed in the thread but if not I thought it might be useful information....
So for example I have a friend who suffers with arthritis quite badly...she tried some cannabis edibles an they did work but they did also put her to sleep...also did try smoking cannabis an helped a tinny bit but overall she said it made her feel bad an anxious....now being someone who is mostly experienced in flower an flower use in flower form I would have said she smoked the wrong type...an perhaps what she had eaten also was made with a type not completely suitable to her needs at that time...so personally my solution would be to find a strain that fits her needs...or going through various types with her an working out the traits she likes an work on her condition an the ones she dont like along with things that dont work, an then breed a strain suited to her strengthening an amping the traits she likes an what works medicating her condition......but when it comes to cooking can someone just grow or buy an use anything...an then use that as the base of the cooking...or again would it be best to try to find specific strains that meet ones needs....when in cooking does it mater what strain type..or would the individual strains effects go out the window once cooked or turned to oil or capsules ect...with anytype basically ending up as the same when processed ? Forgive me if sounds like a dim question..I know how hash works an how in the old days they would take advantage of numerous different plants to give an overall effect from an within the possibility of the particular plants an genetics used..an I know about flower....but I dont know about the process discussed in the thread and the possibility of one of the major tools maybe being certain suitable strains....or how different strain types an even different plants within a strain effect the outcome of the products when using like discussed in the thread.
Hopefully its a question whose answer can add to the thread...

Hope I haven't made the message too confusing. Thanks.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Mixed up the goods tonight.
my hash was already pressed Gumby hash so I broke the 5g into chunks, stuck them on a pin and heated then crumbled. Ended up with this:
View attachment 18740492
Which I mixed with these:

View attachment 18740493 View attachment 18740494
View attachment 18740496
And added 2tsp vinegar:
View attachment 18740495
Then mixed and pressed with the spoon, foil wrapped and put in the oven at 100f for ten minutes (the other badkitty recipes are in f, so I guess she meant that) which didn’t seem enough, so I repeated that step.
Glossy but still breaking down impressively well so I’m leaving it overnight
View attachment 18740503
I will report back
Forgot to take a picture, but it’s very glossy and not quite dry- but getting there- like a paste at the moment. Pic to follow tomorrow.
I intended to wait until fully dry, But it looked good 😋 so I’ve just put some ( not much, under 1/4 tsp) in some sugar, drop of hot water to dissolve, some fruit cordial and topped with lemonade
Extremely tasty and already starting to feel a buzz.
Hoping for some pain relief and sleep tonight.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I had it too close to bedtime, started to feel the effects quite quickly but then went to bed and crashed hard!
Full 8 hours sleep 💤 (not even a middle of the night pee) sore throat from snoring too much- but unfortunately headache this morning.
I’ll try again earlier

BrassNwood

Veteran
Good thread....should be helpful to many people....an very nice of BadKittySmiles for getting this info out to as many people as possible...for free too...nice lady..

Not sure if this has been addressed in the thread but if not I thought it might be useful information....
So for example I have a friend who suffers with arthritis quite badly...she tried some cannabis edibles an they did work but they did also put her to sleep...also did try smoking cannabis an helped a tinny bit but overall she said it made her feel bad an anxious....now being someone who is mostly experienced in flower an flower use in flower form I would have said she smoked the wrong type...an perhaps what she had eaten also was made with a type not completely suitable to her needs at that time...so personally my solution would be to find a strain that fits her needs...or going through various types with her an working out the traits she likes an work on her condition an the ones she dont like along with things that dont work, an then breed a strain suited to her strengthening an amping the traits she likes an what works medicating her condition......but when it comes to cooking can someone just grow or buy an use anything...an then use that as the base of the cooking...or again would it be best to try to find specific strains that meet ones needs....when in cooking does it mater what strain type..or would the individual strains effects go out the window once cooked or turned to oil or capsules ect...with anytype basically ending up as the same when processed ? Forgive me if sounds like a dim question..I know how hash works an how in the old days they would take advantage of numerous different plants to give an overall effect from an within the possibility of the particular plants an genetics used..an I know about flower....but I dont know about the process discussed in the thread and the possibility of one of the major tools maybe being certain suitable strains....or how different strain types an even different plants within a strain effect the outcome of the products when using like discussed in the thread.

6 months late but here is the answer.
Generally at least for myself and I use a lot of edibles. With an eaten Oil based preperation like Kats basic Hash oil our Liver steps in and changes weak assed Delta-9-THC into super strength 11-Hydroxy-THC. This leaves all the Terpenes and most of the CBD way down in the bottom of a well with little to no effects.

I used to sort my harvests by plants and did the same with the strains I was making oil from. It didn't take long to realize the stone is really identical no matter the base strains used at least to me. I get the same plugged in, Amped up, can't sleep roaring stone day after day after. I take this for breakfast as taken to late in the day it'll keep me up half the night with my brain a whirl.

I was fortunate and had conversation with BadKat on another forum many years ago when I was starting on making her Oil.

BNW

Old Fogey

An edible cannabis oil will express the chemotype(s) of the material used in production. Up to a point. You can most certainly dial down the effects by applying additional periods of heat at 220-230F, which progressively degrades the cannibinoids in the oil into CBN, which has a narcotic and sedatory effect on most people.

A grower on another site has posted about the oil they make for their partner for use during migrain. He decarbs the herb etc according to Kitty's recipe then heats the oil at 220F for 8 hours straight. The resulting oil has little recreational value but acts as a great knockout agent they say.

Kitty discusses additional heating to manipulate the effects of an already made oil in one of her tutorials (Concentrate tutorial I think). Each 10 to 20 minutes of additional heat past the recommended minimum time increases the level of sedation of the oil.

Anyway, identifying specific strains for use in edibles to suit an individual would be time consuming to say the least. It is easier, quicker and very effective to identify a suitable type more broadly (eg Indie, Sat, dom hybrids etc) and then manipulate the effects of the oil through reduced/additional heating as per Kitty's method.

This also means you can choose higher yielding strains within types, just craft the oil the way the patient likes it.

Peace

BrassNwood

Veteran

It used to be I'd grow out 6 very different strains and keep everything carefully labeled from seed to veg to flower to harvest to curing jar to dry ice Kief shaking and even down to the strain the edible Kief capsules were made from.
It doesn't make a lick of difference. All the Jars of 160 Micron dry ice Kief smell identical. A sort of spicy Cinnamon is how best to describe it.
The Edible stone is dead on identical as well. All that changes is the Dose.

Now we can manipulate Kats Oil in a few ways. Let your plants run long, well past peak of Harvest. This lowers the speedy, grit your teeth effects her short processing can have.
Multiple heat and freeze cycles and very long cooks have been covered.
CBD.
Added to the Oil at various points in the creation can have a range of changes to the way the Oil hits.
Even taken 2 hours before your THC dose can radically change how your ride turns out.

Kat like myself gets the most relief from the hardest hit of THC we can stand with a trace of CBD to keep the "Fingernails on Chalkboard" Feelings to a minimum. This is not always to the liking of many people.
"It is way to damn speedy and Intense" "Cannabis edibles should NOT feel like this". LOL They crack me up.

This is Not your Fathers 1933 Water and Butter recipe I keep telling them.
Yes this is how my own Father did it in the depression. From his mouth to my ears in 1968. "God don't Ever tell your Mother I told you this".
Black pepper. Inhaling the Aroma of freshly cracked Black Pepper can slow and even halt a bum trip on to much cannabis. It doesn't last long but it will let my head clear for a few minutes and think I'll be OK after all before it wears off and I'm deep shit again. Even chewing a Peppercorn or two can help.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I wasn't going to heat but presume it's celcius? Guessed the lecithin at a teaspoon but looks like a bit too much. I used just over 5 grams of bud, and a mortar and pestle to grind it up rather than a blender.

I now have a green/brown sludge in a jar. Will give it a couple of days and try a tenth dose, half a gram and see.
I'd forgotten about this thread. I also forgot about my citric acid experiment until a month or two later. What I ended up with was what looked like a blob of hash. Very dark with bits of plant matter in it. I consumed it over several weeks and it was quite good. What was interesting is that it mostly retained the sativa high.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Much love to Kat

Anybody heard from her or her husband?
I know she nearly died in a car accident a few years ago.

I would love to go to a campout festival with them if theyre still around

Tincandtoke

Much love to Kat

Anybody heard from her or her husband?
I know she nearly died in a car accident a few years ago.

I would love to go to a campout festival with them if theyre still around

Some pics and festival announcements from a few years back is all I came across on the sites
It would be nice to be able to thank her for all she has done with cannabis and edibles
Changed my entire quality of life and I no longer sit in the corner rotting away (overly dramatic but...)
Many people have done a 180 and took control of their own well being without the side effects of pharma

To Kat and her friends

THANK YOU!!!!