What's new

Someone experience with baking soda against powdery mildew?

Fiet

I have try this recipe yesterday i have found it.

10g Backing Soda
10ml Vegetable oil
1 Drop Soap
1 liter water

Mixing all together and Spray the complete plant with it.

I have done it yesterday and my Plants looking Glancy from the oil. My fear is that the Plants are having problems with breathing from the oil??? Ore it is Normal that the first days they look like this?

The Mdew i found are Very small parts and i dont waisting time i react yesterday night and i Spray the complete plant with it.

I hope someone can tell my if i have done something wrong?

IMG_20200223_120203.jpg

IMG_20200223_120152.jpg

IMG_20200223_120205.jpg

NEED 4 SEED

My experience is that I didn't use oil as I remember, but only baking soda with water. The residue of the salt made the leaves dry and the pm wasn't killed at all. I had to do it again every 2nd to 4th day. Maybe the oil helps better, idk.

Fiet

I have done it know with oil know i need to know if i need to wash the oil off ore let them Grow? Maybe 1-2 days waiting and see how they looks then?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i've used baking soda along with epsom salt, apple cider vinegar , lemon juice and a bit of dish soap- seemed to work .. killed the PM, and also any mites that are hanging around (u never get rid of those fukers) - u do need to wash it off after 20mins... i missed '2' plants and it burned the shit out of the leaves...

i have also tried milk and water , and that too seems to work...

Fiet

i've used baking soda along with epsom salt, apple cider vinegar , lemon juice and a bit of dish soap- seemed to work .. killed the PM, and also any mites that are hanging around (u never get rid of those fukers) - u do need to wash it off after 20mins... i missed '2' plants and it burned the shit out of the leaves...

i have also tried milk and water , and that too seems to work...

So I need to wash it of know?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
So I need to wash it of know?

with the mixture i mentioned u def have to wash it off after 20mins.. when the plants are small, i fill up a bucket and dunk em, let em sit 20mins, then dunk it in clean water... or if they are small enough, i put em in the sink and spray em clean...almost every grow i have mites... last grow at the beg of 12/12 i sprayed the shit out of em, washed em, and for the next 70/75, didn't see even one mite.... the recipe works, and its cheap as hell... espec against all the shit they are selling...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
or.... if u use milk (40pct milk, 60pct water)- u spray it on, and u dont have to spray with clean water afterwards.. they do say u should do it and then reapply in 7-10days... after they 1st treatment, i didnt see any PM... but did spray a 2nd time to be sure..

T

TakenByTheSky

Just get some greencure. it's suitable for organic farming, it kills what's on the leaf but you will need to reapply. PM is very hard to get rid of, even if you kill what's present on the leaves it will usually come back and if a strain is very suseptable to it, it will be a never ending battle.

T

TheForgotten

If it's extremely gard to get rid of, it may be Downy Mildew which lives inside the plant (systemic), Powdery Mildew isn't as hard to get rid of....

Try this instead....
picture.php

NEED 4 SEED

If it's extremely gard to get rid of, it may be Downy Mildew which lives inside the plant (systemic), Powdery Mildew isn't as hard to get rid of....

Try this instead....
View Image

In my case it wasn't downy mildew, it was real powdery mildew and it came back every few days after spraying baking soda.

mack 10

Veteran
It's potassium bicarbonate you want,
Rather than just bicarb.

Keep the concentration low though as it can burn.
Make sure you mix it well.

Milk can supposedly work but I never really had any luck and it leaves a residue.

Read a study where they used UV light.
8ft away from plants for 30 mins is spose
To kill all mildew?
But don't be in there at the same time.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Off the shelf H2O2 will kill it. Spray to soak early in the day so it gets plenty of light

Likely will take 2-4 daily sparys to kill

Add Si to your nutes. It strengthens the plant and is bitter to bugs

hth

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Don’t waste your time. Sulfur burner. Only thing that will work. You will die of frustration trying to beat pm with all that other shit!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here in California, we had a major outbreak of PM in the 2000s as clone selling took off. EVERYONE got it. It was crazy.
We spent years trying to get rid of it. Everything from milk to sulfur to eagle 20. It never went away. We used to think it did, but it would pop back up.
Then we started using citrus based sprays for mites, and not only did the mites go away, but we have not seen a speck of pm in years. YEARS. Lol. Man I hated PM.
I use flying skull. My grow partner used lost coast but recently switched to flying skull. It's OMRI.

My advice: don't dick around with everything else. It works. I love it. Good luck.

T

TakenByTheSky

One of the best plants I've ever had run thru my garden got PM and I realized it was an absolute magnet for it, out of all the plants out doors in the greenhouse this year this one looked white like it was covered in snow by harvest time.

Realistically the best way to combat PM is to just avoid growing or breeding with plants that have a very low tolerance to it if there's a chance it's going to make an appearance in the garden.

Sadly that plant went in the trash, all the years I did indoor only I never had a problem, as soon as I started outdoor it's been a different story.