What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Page on Facebook Unpublished Over Pharmaceutical Sales???

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
There has to be some kind of mistake. lol

I'm on Facebook for 2 reasons, to sell my book and to help people grow better cannabis. I don't do the 'social' thing. lol I have a page I created for my book and it has very few posts on it. Most have to do with the monthly contest I run for a free copy. The rest are cannabis growing information.

Today I am presented with a message saying my page has been unpublished. Here's the screenshot...
picture.php

My best guess at this point, they have a bot scanning pages for images and auto-unpublishing on hits they get. I posted one article in July which contained a link to a steemit.com article heavily against pharmaceuticals. There's a photo of a prescription bottle in the link pre-view.

Anyone else run across this type of situation yet?

Aota1

This happened to the page I run yesterday morning but I appealed it and it was republished pretty quick. I replied only “the page does not promote pharmaceutical product sales.” I sent two appeals back to back saying the same thing. Hopefully they republish just as quickly for you.

Attachments

• A7C2D32D-9A99-4B16-9699-C625B72ADF0D.jpg
    A7C2D32D-9A99-4B16-9699-C625B72ADF0D.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day DC aka TCG

Trichome dense cannabis eh ?
That`s a new concept . How come you haven`t shared that tech here ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

St. Phatty

My best guess at this point, they have a bot scanning pages for images and auto-unpublishing on hits they get. I posted one article in July which contained a link to a steemit.com article heavily against pharmaceuticals. There's a photo of a prescription bottle in the link pre-view.

Anyone else run across this type of situation yet?

If Facebook was Intel, they'd still be working on the 8080 processor.

Sounds like you got it right. Your page might have got a false positive, from the bot, as being involved in the sale of pharmaceuticals.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

All I can do is continue praying for the programmers who are writing the sequels to Facebook, to please drink stronger coffee.

Heck, I'll buy them the coffee.

Heck, I'll GROW them the coffee.

Translation ~ I am not a fan of Facebook or Zuckerberg.

That he got Venture Capital for the Winklevoss' intellectual property tells us some bad things about the way Silicon Valley works.

Douglas.Curtis

@Aota1 I'm hoping it clears quickly too. lol Glad yours went quickly.

@Emporertaima I'll post when it gets republished, do a search for my name and cannabis. Greatly appreciate the gesture! :)

@ElmerBud lol, I've been sharing for years here. I simply don't have an advertising budget to share my book here. I figure I'll be able to do it when I publish the second edition. :D

@ St. Phatty LOL I agree. hehehe Let me know if you get a hit on the offer to grow the coffee. I'll see what I can do to help. LOL :D

Still unpublished, but it's Saturday so who knows. lol Appreciate the support everyone. :D

Douglas.Curtis

Figures...

Page is published again, no apology, no note. Not even a form note. lol

Some people's kids, yeah? :D