What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon G not what it's cracked up to be.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've come across buds of this clone many times and honestly don't think of it as anything special. Seems like whenever it shows up in the area people go bananas for it. Have one good friend who says it is his absolute favorite. Honestly can't relate. Mildly smells of lemons but tastes nothing like them and the buzz isn't anything special.

I've heard the clone takes around 11 weeks to finish and likes to hermie, yet growers refuse to hand it out. For a cut that is supposedly the "pride of the buckeye state" it just isn't what it's cracked up to be...

Anyone agree with me on this?

Bogrow

Lemon G buds don't look good at all, but everything else is on point if it's done right. Smell transfers to the taste 100%

Easy7

Veteran
Ohio does not have great cuts originating in these parts. To each his own.

There is good grown in Ohio, not much great breeding. People get busted too much. 2nd in prison population only to California. No early release, mess up post release control and serve 1/2 the original sentence all over again.

We can hope things get better and Ohio has better a better brand.

JustSumTomatoes

All those pics look true to the Lemon G I've seen. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad cut IMO, I just have tasted way stronger lemon type buds and think a lot of my buddies overrate it when there are WAY better strains going around out there.

Ohio surely is behind in the game though as far strain and legal progression is concerned. Not to mention the medical program, if you can call it that, is a total joke. And as far as fake clones/strains go, nothing I have seen has trumped G13. I must have seen that one 20 times and no two were similar in taste/smell/appearance.

Big Medicine

All those pics look true to the Lemon G I've seen. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad cut IMO, I just have tasted way stronger lemon type buds and think a lot of my buddies overrate it when there are WAY better strains going around out there.

Ohio surely is behind in the game though as far strain and legal progression is concerned. Not to mention the medical program, if you can call it that, is a total joke. And as far as fake clones/strains go, nothing I have seen has trumped G13. I must have seen that one 20 times and no two were similar in taste/smell/appearance.

Yo Tomatoes!

I have to start by saying LG is one of my favorite strains ever. I've been growing her for about 7 years and smoking it for about 10.

LG does have some limitations.... The main ones being you build up a tolerance to it faster than most stains, the other is trim time. I've considered just taking fan leafs off and just grinding the untrimmed buds up to smoke. Lemon G trim taste better than 98% of strains on the shelves at pot shops!

For me, the benefits are a life saver! I have asthma and this is the best aggitative expectorant and bronchodilator I have ever found. One big ol bong hit in the morning and I cough for a sec and hack up some flem, then BAM! I can breathe again! It is the best feeling in the world!!!!!!!! Not to mention it taste like god and grows huge plants with huge buds and huge yields!

The "real deal' story behind the LG starts with a super lemony cutting of G13 called the "G". It is a super squat, lemony indica. And most definitely in my opinion where most of the aroma and taste come from. The first time i had the "G", I thought "how did they get the Lemon to grow like this"?! Never been able to get a cut, but grew a F1 called Docks Pride from Dixie Underground Blends (the "G" x Big Papa OG). It was "G" dom with way more frost!

So the G was crossed with a strain called "Skunk x Misty". This added the structure and some citrus to the aroma, the Misty being part Cali-o. Ands thats the back story on the Lemon G.

I've never seen pollen on a LG, ever. It doesn't really need 77 day to finish either. Most people I've met just pull her at 63! I like 70. With that being said, Most strains benefit from maturing longer than what people are willing to wait. I've harvested the same cut of Sweet Island Skunk at day 56 and have let it go 100+ days. Trust me when I say they get better!

And I agree with their being more Lemon tasting and smelling varieties. I think the LG is a complex flavor, especially when grown organically. People just call it a lemon smell/taste because that's the closest thing they can come up with. I always smell a oniony roast meat smell in it. Some people don't enjoy it at all, everyone has different taste. But 90% of the time if they have never tried it before, they are gonna loose their shit when they experience it! lol

I've got a LG at about 66 days of flower atm. I'll try and catch a pic of her. I felt congested this morning so i think I'm going to cut down some sample buds for the head!

Lemon G at 66 days
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BM
:ying:

JustSumTomatoes

Yo Tomatoes!

I have to start by saying LG is one of my favorite strains ever. I've been growing her for about 7 years and smoking it for about 10.

LG does have some limitations.... The main ones being you build up a tolerance to it faster than most stains, the other is trim time. I've considered just taking fan leafs off and just grinding the untrimmed buds up to smoke. Lemon G trim taste better than 98% of strains on the shelves at pot shops!

For me, the benefits are a life saver! I have asthma and this is the best aggitative expectorant and bronchodilator I have ever found. One big ol bong hit in the morning and I cough for a sec and hack up some flem, then BAM! I can breathe again! It is the best feeling in the world!!!!!!!! Not to mention it taste like god and grows huge plants with huge buds and huge yields!

The "real deal' story behind the LG starts with a super lemony cutting of G13 called the "G". It is a super squat, lemony indica. And most definitely in my opinion where most of the aroma and taste come from. The first time i had the "G", I thought "how did they get the Lemon to grow like this"?! Never been able to get a cut, but grew a F1 called Docks Pride from Dixie Underground Blends (the "G" x Big Papa OG). It was "G" dom with way more frost!

So the G was crossed with a strain called "Skunk x Misty". This added the structure and some citrus to the aroma, the Misty being part Cali-o. Ands thats the back story on the Lemon G.

I've never seen pollen on a LG, ever. It doesn't really need 77 day to finish either. Most people I've met just pull her at 63! I like 70. With that being said, Most strains benefit from maturing longer than what people are willing to wait. I've harvested the same cut of Sweet Island Skunk at day 56 and have let it go 100+ days. Trust me when I say they get better!

And I agree with their being more Lemon tasting and smelling varieties. I think the LG is a complex flavor, especially when grown organically. People just call it a lemon smell/taste because that's the closest thing they can come up with. I always smell a oniony roast meat smell in it. Some people don't enjoy it at all, everyone has different taste. But 90% of the time if they have never tried it before, they are gonna loose their shit when they experience it! lol

I've got a LG at about 66 days of flower atm. I'll try and catch a pic of her. I felt congested this morning so i think I'm going to cut down some sample buds for the head!

Lemon G at 66 days
View Image

View Image

View Image

BM

Awesome man! Thanks for sharing the info and your experience with LG. I also have bad asthma and find pot to help sometimes. One other story I heard on LG was that some cat popped bagseed from some Columbian back in the day and that's how it came about. The cut seems very closely guarded (that drives me nuts) and I haven't met anyone with the clone, just people who had dried buds. I would love to see Lemon-G in person some day just from hearing all the local legends for so long. Maybe when the buckeye state finally goes green...

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Have a feeling u both half right I'm no expert on this cut but knew ppl in the circle and I Heard from a very trusted source it was Columbia g13 cross, actually a few ppl told me that throughout the years... as far as if they bred it or found it from purchased seed is where all the stories defer and shit hits the fan... I have my thoughts on the subject but they are unimportant and I'll keep them to myself

Americangrower

Veteran
Lemon G isn't the best clone from Ohio IMO Deathstar is but to each their own.
I grew it years back, it definitely taste lemon but the high was what I call uplifting day smoke. Not my thing

Big Medicine

Awesome man! Thanks for sharing the info and your experience with LG. I also have bad asthma and find pot to help sometimes. One other story I heard on LG was that some cat popped bagseed from some Columbian back in the day and that's how it came about. The cut seems very closely guarded (that drives me nuts) and I haven't met anyone with the clone, just people who had dried buds. I would love to see Lemon-G in person some day just from hearing all the local legends for so long. Maybe when the buckeye state finally goes green...

Well the people who made it love to share it! Ever make it Michigan or ohio hit me up and ill get you one!

Big Medicine

Lemon G isn't the best clone from Ohio IMO Deathstar is but to each their own.
I grew it years back, it definitely taste lemon but the high was what I call uplifting day smoke. Not my thing

For sure! I think Deathstar is my fav. I hold Death Star, Lemon G, Illudium. Also have two bubbas that were tighly held o to in southern ohio, and just ran some ohio Silver Pearl and Sour Lemon(lemon G x Sour D)

Here is my Deathstar
picture.php

Big Medicine

Have a feeling u both half right I'm no expert on this cut but knew ppl in the circle and I Heard from a very trusted source it was Columbia g13 cross, actually a few ppl told me that throughout the years... as far as if they bred it or found it from purchased seed is where all the stories defer and shit hits the fan... I have my thoughts on the subject but they are unimportant and I'll keep them to myself

A friend of mine was one of the creators, not just a trusted story. But i've heard that as well.

I even returned cuts to the SE Ohio Normal group a few years back, after a few people ran into some legal issues... :(

Big Medicine

I am a caregiver in michigan, but moved here from ohio. I have found that in most cases, people in ohio grow way better meds than the people around here. Its a mindset thing. Here anyone can throw a plant in the ground and no problem, and back home anyone who grows is literally risking their life!! That is the difference. Knowone risks their life for schwag, that's why they grow the best of what available.

My last ohio trip yielded me clones of; Kosher Kush, Afgan Kush, pre 98 Bubba(grey), pre 98 Bubba that was picked out of a crowd by B-Real, Boss Banner, Super Lemon Haze, Love Doctor, Scooby Snacks, Timewreck, Snitch, and OG Chiesel!

Got samples of the Kosher too and it was one of the Dankest things I've ever got to tatste!

green404

The cut seems very closely guarded (that drives me nuts) and I haven't met anyone with the clone, just people who had dried buds. I would love to see Lemon-G in person some day just from hearing all the local legends for so long. Maybe when the buckeye state finally goes green...

Should be legal in the nation level in a few years.(fingers crossed)

Clone hording is some of the side effects of prohibition and growing at it darkest lowest state. It is so.. nice to watch this nonsense fade away here in Colorado as things are legal.

In a legal world you can buy a $10.-$20. clone from a reputable grower who bought the genetics from a reputable breeder and it all is legit and traceable.

No more BS.. "i got this clone from snoop dog for $15k" "gatta know the connections" So glad to see the low grade BS going away..

beta

Veteran
I've never grown Lemon G but I did grow its progeny 'Death By Lemons' once and was seriously disappointed after all they hyped I'd heard.

Big Medicine

I've never grown Lemon G but I did grow its progeny 'Death By Lemons' once and was seriously disappointed after all they hyped I'd heard.

Sounds familiar, Who made it?

If its death star and lemon g, I believe it. I've seen tons of lemon and Dstar crosses all of which really sucked but one pheno that was fluffier than lemon with similar taste. Not sure why, they are two of my favorite strains.

Big Medicine

Should be legal in the nation level in a few years.(fingers crossed)

Clone hording is some of the side effects of prohibition and growing at it darkest lowest state. It is so.. nice to watch this nonsense fade away here in Colorado as things are legal.

In a legal world you can buy a $10.-$20. clone from a reputable grower who bought the genetics from a reputable breeder and it all is legit and traceable.

No more BS.. "i got this clone from snoop dog for $15k" "gatta know the connections" So glad to see the low grade BS going away..

I feel its going the same direction here but one problem is that with the availability, people aren't holding on to their trusted mothers in search of the New New. And lots of good cuts are disapearing because people don;t understand that they might not ever be able to be reproduced. Its super sad.

BM

green404

I feel its going the same direction here but one problem is that with the availability, people aren't holding on to their trusted mothers in search of the New New. And lots of good cuts are disapearing because people don;t understand that they might not ever be able to be reproduced. Its super sad.

Here also the growers are forced to chase the latest greatest new new. But, the good stuff is saved in seeds. People will always want that great strain again. When it is really good it is a classic.

These big grow outfits are starting to keep a lot of clone genetics. Some have 100+ clone strain going at once and a full time worker just for genetics and clones.
Big leap from the days of getting seeds from Amsterdam, hording clones in a spare bedroom and spinning lame stories about them. lol

Last edited: