What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Internet suddenly drops off worldwide

Badfishy1

IF the internet were to drop off world wide for an extended period of time, what would happen? Also for sake of conversation, please check political bullshit at the door

Badfishy1

well if that includes Smartphones, we'd all lose our minds and die.:tiphat:

Sadly, I do think this is true for A LOT of people! I feel that the growers of the world would be ok if out innadawoods, but the problem would then become desperation of those that cannot sustain themselves. OR would the true nature of humanity shine and people would WILLINGLY help one another?

Green Squall

I have a feeling the worldwide economy would suffer since its so connected to the internet nowadays. It would be bad news for everyone, not just those addicted to social media.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I would have to stop paying my utility bills and stop trolling forums.

That's about it. LOL

My cell phone gets about 3 minutes of use a month so I wouldn't miss that at all.

EsterEssence

Veteran
You would have to use a phone book and actually go to a store to go shopping, I think it would effect the younger people a lot more than folks my age. I don't live my life starring at a device...

St. Phatty

You would have to use a phone book and actually go to a store to go shopping, I think it would effect the younger people a lot more than folks my age. I don't live my life starring at a device...

I save the little phone books that get dropped off.

Doesn't look like many other people do. After they sit around a few months I drop them in a burn barrel.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We'd all grab our 1970's Iron Butterfly Vinyl

IN A GADDA DA VIDA baby

throw it on our old record player

and not worry about it ! :woohoo: :peacock: :woohoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4

"In the Garden of Eden" + Alcohol = "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

Fairly non-political but with a vaguely religious aroma.
A great song
Used in the first Hannibal Lector. Movie " Manhunter " if memory serves me well,
,,great film also by Micheal Mann,,s2

B

bench warmer

Fewer Trump & Kardashian tweets could result in World Peace & and an overall improvement in morals.

If we do experience such an Universal wifi outage I’m stockpiled for tuning in to my own Inner Web.
15424695161542469461.gif

picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I'd like to see no internet for a month. Just to see what happens.
Most of us "older" folk already experienced no internet/cell phones/wifi for the majority of our lives.
Last week I tried explaining to someone who is around 25 the terms of phone being "off the hook" and a busy signal when using a rotary land line phone.
Then I had to explain a rotary phone. lol
They had no clue. LOL.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have a kid that plays guitar in one of my bands. Fucking prodigy. Anyway, he is (or, was when he started playing with us) 19 years old.

We were at practice once and I handed him a Corona Beer (no screw cap). He started twisting and I told him it required an opener. We all laughed until we rolled when I tossed him the bottle opener and he just looked at it, trying to figure out how it worked.

Kid just got a scholarship in Geological Engineering so he's not an idiot.

Just a classic case of the difference in time. He had never used a bottle opener.

I don't need the internet...... he does. LOL

However, as a computer hacker and 30+ year programmer I must say I love the internet and what it has to offer.

caliprop215

Veteran
It would be mass caous.

Probly a bunch of mass suicides for all the people who can't live without social media.

Nukes will be shot. The world will end. Cuz Trump wont be able to tweet his crazy thoughts

It's sad what our world has come to.

It will happen it's just a matter of time

Latest posts

Latest posts