What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHOgart Extractor Thread

furrywall11

With the Bhogart if you're having trouble with the flow of butane through the column on the initial shower most of the time all you have to do is open the red side of the manifold and turn on the recovery pump for 10 seconds.

tommyl

the appion g5 is a monster of a pump. it has no problem pulling the butane through the system. it rips it through with force actually. the pump is like a 8" vortex fan in a box. its got some serious juice and then also spits the butane into the top of the extractor with some fury. the bhogart uses the power of the pump to create some serious agitation and flow through. resulting in a good extraction.

apollojmr

I am about to fire it up for its maiden run!

I am about to fire it up for its maiden run!

I bought the BHOgart a few weeks ago and I havent even had a chance to use it. I am going to fire it up tomorrow for the first time. I am kind of upset about the buying process as I was promised a vacuum lid for buying the unit:( I can now not get a hold of any one there and I have left many messages and emails with no response. Oh well..I have the most important part I guess. I however will stop advertising and advocating for them. I should have known to just buy the MKIII kit and do it myself since thats essentially what I am doing anyways. The funny thing is that when I was calling the guy to buy it I had no problems getting him on the phone. LOL..Sales..it is what it is...I will update later after I run for the first time.!

tommyl

there is a video on how to run the bhogart on their facebook page. there is also a side by side of the BHOgart vs Terpenator vs tamisium on Primo extracts on instagram

apollojmr

Maiden Voyage BHOgart 1lb System

Maiden Voyage BHOgart 1lb System

So I ran my BHOgart and I received some very nice oil on the first run and some absolutely perfect wax on the second run. The first run I used some mid grade stuff that was a mixture of trim and buds.The second run I used some trim with popcorn nugs of a very sweet bud that I am still unsure of the name. However I figured I would throw up a few videos that explain somewhat how to use the system as well as the video I retrieved from BHOgarts Facebook page...Overall I am stoked about using this bad boy again and again!:woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_3068.jpg
    IMG_3068.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 13

apollojmr

Dude go friend Bhogart labs on Facebook and watch the video..pm me your email and I'll send you a few quick tutorialish videos I made so far..it's awesome! I wish I had more time to spend extracting..I'm thinking of trying to extract some other things also, such as olives, truffles, etc..

Hash Man

Picking up a 1#'er on wednesday or thurs. Any tips or tricks?

The 1 lber is really a 302.4'er. Works great but dont think it does 1lbs... I stuffed 1 lb of bud in there and clogged it up big time. Get a bigger spool and you will get a lower psi but still a great yield once you learn how to use it.

Bhogart rocks. go with the bigger model

vapeman24

Has anyone been able to produce shatter that looks as aesthetically pleasing as shatter made through an open system? I would love to make my own closed-system, but am still not sure how I feel about the end product.

apollojmr

I have not made any good shatter yet..I want to though..what is the key to getting it into shatter? Is it lower heat? I'm getting into this head deep as I've only extracted 3 times total but have had great turnouts! I'm pretty sure this is going to be the funnest art/hobby/job I've ever had and I need to figure out the purging process more..I have been able to make a vacuum lid for my rig using a thick piece of plexiglass and it worked fine..except when I heated my extraction chamber from the bhogart up to 200 degrees and it got a hairline crack in it. I made some pretty sweet looking oil tho:) so I guess if someone could chime in and let me know a quick reference as to how to determine if I'm making oil, shatter, or wax I would appreciate it..thank you!

Hash Man

Has anyone been able to produce shatter that looks as aesthetically pleasing as shatter made through an open system? I would love to make my own closed-system, but am still not sure how I feel about the end product.

IF you pour out your extract at -10hg to -15 hg (just like mr durden has been talking about) it seems to be no different than open blasting colorwise. I have issues getting badass looking shatter either way and i think it has more to do with purging methods. It seems like it stays a little bit brighter purged in open air rather than in than taken to -22hg in a closed loop system.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

We can make anything in a Terpenator, that we can with an open tube, plus some things that we can't:

Attachments

• 85F Reclaim on Terpenator-1-1.jpg
    85F Reclaim on Terpenator-1-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Shatter-1-1.jpg
    Shatter-1-1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Vacuum purged Cheese Absolute-1-1.jpg
    Vacuum purged Cheese Absolute-1-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 85F extraction-1-1.jpg
    85F extraction-1-1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Green Crack-1-1.jpg
    Green Crack-1-1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Subzero extract-1-1.jpg
    Subzero extract-1-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
  • sour grapes-1-1.jpg
    sour grapes-1-1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 13
  • tahoe_fire-1-1.jpg
    tahoe_fire-1-1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 18

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
A friend of a friend just got a bhogart WITH A BAD WELD!
NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT..ovbiously this unit wasnt pressure tested.
Not pressure tested, just take a moment and think of how POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS a leaking extraction unit can be...

He ended up callin spr for support and pretty sure that spr found the leaky weld..

I can post pics of the machine, that has terrible welds.

Im glad that some of you seem to be having a much better experience than what I have heard..honestly, I was suprised to see the thread up here.