What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuttings In Perlite >>

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
cuttings

cuttings

is the bottom of the cutting in the water or just the wet perlite also do i use my cloning gel
peace burn a fatty

Last edited:
when you start seeds in perlite is the growth slower than usual? i stuck a couple little seedlings in right after they popped and they seem to be growing slow. not a big deal at all because im still waiting to harvest my WYD plants, just an observation.

EHP

chuckyoufarley -
Yes the bottom of the cutting is in the water, just slightly.

diggity-dank -
NEVER start seeds off in perlite... always in water. As above.
If you followed this method be sure the seed has at least 1/4" 1/2" tail before removing shell. Assuming this has been done... you then place the root into perlite/water mix (be sure the root enters water, just slightly) with the "head" above ground level. Place under fluoros 18hrs on - 6hrs off. If growth is slow place seedling/s nearer to light, no closer than 4".

BE SURE NOT TO DAMAGE ROOT!!

Keep me updated on progress diggity-dank.

oh no dude, they arent doing bad or anything. Ill take a pic tonight and show you.

what i did was started the seeds out in soil, mainly because its the only way ive ever germinated seeds with 100% sucess. Once they popped i carefully got the outa the soil and into the perlite/water mix. They're looking great. Ive changed the water a couple times and this last time i put a tiny bit of GH nutes in there. Still looking great. They've probably been in there about a week

SurferDudeVB

Perlite Bucket

Perlite Bucket

I was reading this thread and had a great idea! Crazy Composer mentioned something about doing multiple clones and then EHP was talking about a bucket with perlite. Then I though do a bucket with perlite but instead of having one come out the top have like 3 or 4 come out the side then like 2 in the top with a hole to water through into the bottom bucket and have a bubbler in the nutes in the bottom. To me the soundslike it would work cuase the roots would just go straight through the perlite to the nutes so the wouldnt be particularly crowded.