What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Can anybody explain what this means/stands for???

John Robins and Elizabeth's forbidden love? Some churches have severe restrictions on who can be buried on their property. Marrying against the wishes of the church can lead to excommunication.

Maybe these two kept their love out of sight?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
look like fairly old stones
my guess if there some preservation work in progress

Great sculptor eh, the blanket and rope are stone as well.
Someone would have to visit the church in person and get access to records from the time of burial before we will get the back story.

A gifted writer could make quite a poignant story up about the headstone, maybe more than one.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
V1rrJpu.jpg

Arkansux

John Robins and Elizabeth's forbidden love? Some churches have severe restrictions on who can be buried on their property. Marrying against the wishes of the church can lead to excommunication.

Maybe these two kept their love out of sight?

That’s a good of a guess as any... I tried searching on the net in the past to see if I could find any other grave stones like it or find the meaning but came up blank.
There’s not a church on the grounds , it’s a really old cemetery that’s damn near in the center of the downtown area.. next time I roll thru the area I’ll pop in and get better pix of the name plate and stuff and see if I can locate whoever oversees the place. For me not knowing the meaning kinda bugs me , just cause it’s so different it’s like wtf , also at the same time them being tied together like that is very beautiful to me. And yes it’s all stone...

Arkansux

Awesome pic. I wanna live there. We are trying to work out where that is. Guessing anywhere from America to somewhere in the European Alps.

I wld guess definitely in Europe , idk but when I see that pic I can hear somebody yodelling

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome pic. I wanna live there. We are trying to work out where that is. Guessing anywhere from America to somewhere in the European Alps.

I go through random photo files, rarely any captions, and so idk where it is.

QVt9xAe.jpg