What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

O.K. Just can't figure this out...can you help?

boogiegirl

Man. I am at about 42 days flowering and I am getting this weird problem at the top of my plant (at the main cola top). The strain is K2 from Nirvana.

Things I have thought and tried.

At first I thought it was a sulfer def, so I flushed with 1/4 tsp. of Epson salts (about 10 days ago) - no effect

I also moved the light (400 Watt HPS) up from about 9" to about 13". Not hot at all at the top of the plant.

Yesterday I gave the following nutes. Ka-Bloom Part A and B, Diamond Necter, and a couple drops of Superthrive. Followed label recommendations for dosages.

Still getting this weird curling of the leaves and yellowing at the leave edges as well as on some of the leaves themselves.

Any ideas, guys?

Hummmm...I uploaded some pics but I can't get them to show?????

Thanks,
Boogie on all!

G

soil prolly loaded up

soil prolly loaded up

sounds like over fert. if ya have good drainage, tilt cans on edge and flush with clean phed water

pleasure
CBF

boogiegirl

Hey...thanks for the reply! I thought overferting usually shows up at the bottom of the plant? Could I have locked out Mg and Sulfur?

If I flush, how long should I wait before giving the plants some more food?

Thanks for the help!

G

Hmmm....

Hmmm....

.....i use the leaf curl at the top of the plant to regulate my nutes, no meters here, all in the eye:D

its cool ...I know when the nutes are just right.......one finger curls in a fan:D

anyway prolly get tore apart for those lines:D

after flush, your soil will be good and wet, the plants have plenty nutes in um already, so id skip a nute waterin and just continue your waterin schedule

pleasure
CBF

edit; over fert can lock out micro nutes, your in soil so lets freshen er up first and be patient before tryin to fix two problems at once. little mag ef. for a bit wont hurt.

Last edited:

boogiegirl

This is sooo funny! This is only my second grow, so I am still learning. On my first grow I underferted my plants cuz I was scared I'd overfert and this time it appears I gone the other way and overferted.

So...I will go right now and flush that baby out!

Thanks guys....

Here is a nice bud shot, just so you know, the grow is coming along nicely!

Click for Larger Image

G

try as I might........

try as I might........

.............i cant see anything wrong with that Bud:D

one other thing, durin a grow they are many leaf experiences happenin, try not to get to overly concerned with every little spot. once you get a few grows, you will feel your plants. you will know what they need.

its a great vibe to walk into your grow and know what your plants are sayin........

from the pic I think your doin fine. look forward to hearin how they turn out and the smoke out:D

pleasure
CBF

cassini_1

Very nice

Very nice

hey boogiegirl

Apart from that little bit of leaf curl, those look like beautiful buds. Have you ever tried the K2 strain before?

If so, how did ya like it?

HerbanWarrior

hey boogie

Yah you overfertilized or it might be that your pots arent draining properly andyou can tell be lokkin at the bottom of the pot if you see a white buidup thats a drainage problem u get an over excess of nutes in that portion of the soil they end up keeping the plant fron upatakin anything at all.

Just flush with strait water till you see improvement then on the last 2 weeks of flower stop nuts all together and just add water+teaspoon or 2 of sugar your buds will tase much better and the lack of nutes will promote thc growth instead of wasting it on growing flowers

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some plants do that even when they're healthy. We've had plants growing in a hydro ststem that looked like that, but the other strains were without the cupping leaves, and they were in the same exact system together. I believe it was JLP's BlueMoonshine. I also believe that Dutchgrown had the same thing on her BM's?
cc

HerbanWarrior

tru composer but also the leaves were yellowing so i doubt its normal growth pattern it could also be a lack of ferts because the plant has use up all available resources it focuses the remaining nutes on the buds and not the leaves so this is also a possibility

G

didnt see any yeller either.........

didnt see any yeller either.........

.........she did mention yellowin tips. and not enough nutes will also display yellowin tips, as the whole leaf turns yellow.

either way, from the pic, the plant is not in dire straights:D

pleasure
CBF

G

i am also growing nirvana K2, i believe it may just be a common trait for this plants leaf tips to curl under, as my plants seem to be quite healthy, yet as you have stated, the leaves curl down a bit on both of my k2's.

if you are seeing some burning goin on you are probably over doing the ferts , is this leaf curl just begining to happen, or have you seen it from veg?

my plants leaves were doin a lil curl before i even fed them, in veg.

the yellowing on the other hand, i would think would most likely be over fert. but , as others have said, things look like they are on the right track.

good luck boogie.

THC

greenhit

boogie :)

boogie :)

well at 42 days, they look simply grand to me. I mean how
many days more before you harvest. So if you harvest at 60 days
i would just maybe flush if you really think it needs it, but i would
start to get ready to not feed anymore and just wait for harvest.
-g

The depth of the green color seems to show a little high on your N.
You didn't state your fert sched or soil mix so it's a little hard to tell. Keep in mind that your plant is ageing and this may be part of it's life cycle. On your next grow use your ferts exactly as directed and you will get a baseline grow to determine if your other factors contribute to this. You may want to start backing off the ferts as you get closer to harvest.

P.S. I am of the school of thought that if you fert properly "flushing" isn't neccesary. It's the plant that uses the ferts and excretes it's waste. Flushing the soil just throws the plant out of whack. A plain ph corrected watering the last 2-3 waterings will allow enuf time for an absorbtion of the plants residual ferts.

Last edited:

HerbanWarrior

well i didnt see any shots of the plants in question up there did you? But she did state that the leaves were yellowing in the first post