What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veggin Delights

G-D

looks like you have got quite the army behind ya .
They look as healthy as you can get .;)

Flowerman

I don't do anything fancy for the cuttings. Just use a clean sharp pair if scissors handy. Just make one simple cut at an angle, and throw them in the hole, and then I just leave them alone for a week or two. Might add a little water after the first week, but that's it. I do add a little cloning solution to the water, but that's about it. No dome, as they get all the water they need, no gels or powders, no second cutting under water, just the basic cut and drop.

>>>Thanks G-D!;)

Flowerman

11 days flowering. The chemo/grapefruit are 41" high. The Grapefruit/NL is 37" high.

555Growaa6UK.jpg

Flowerman

Thanks everyone, the cuttings have already rooted, and are in the medium, just awaiting to pick one out as a mum. Here's a shot from last week of them rooting. I just liked the pic.

555bubblemaniaUK-med.jpg

How do you get them out of the cloner without ripping the roots off? Just very curious looks like a very good cloner may build one in the near future. Later

Flowerman

The holes are 1/4" wide, and I file both sides down making a nice smooth bevel, and they just slide right on out. Never have a problem getting them out as long as the edges are smooth.;)

>>>Been doing it this way for years now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I will get mine constructed within the next 2 weeks. That was the only question I had on the works of the unit. Later

Flowerman

It took one week till the roots showed, and 1 week before they were long enough to transplant. A total of two weeks, water temps were abit on the cold side, around 60F, so I had to place a heat mat under them to get them up some. To root quicker, get the temps around 80F for cloning.

Flowerman

Here’s a shot of the garden at 17 days of flowering. So far all the plants are looking great. The one thing I have noticed so far, is that the chemo grapefruit has an initial blast that is just killer, must be the chemo side. Like a rocket launcher imo.
The GrapefruitNL is more uniform though, but both are really great specimens.
555grow17daysUK.jpg

555chemograpefruit17daysUK.jpg