Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Weird problem (for me at least)

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Weird problem (for me at least) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 AM #1
Changuitos

Changuitos is on a distinguished road
Weird problem (for me at least)

Hi guys, i just got redirected here from Reddit, they said i might get a more informed opinion here.

So, iīm growing what looked like a beautiful and healthy auto, under a 100w CFL. It started showing pistils and stinking, beautiful roots, pearly white, so i moved it to my other room, with air filtering and a 400w sodium. I didnīt want it to be shocked by the light, so i put it like 2.5 feet away from it. The next day i see the leafs kind of falling... i though, ok, itīs adapting to the new light... The next day, itīs looking worst, and, itīs developed yellow spots! And the roots are not as white as they used to be, they are browning a little bit...

What the hell is going on?!!

Here are some pics:
https://imgur.com/a/x8ZM16J

P.H is 6.0

No change of water or nutrients whatsoever. Do you guys have any idea what can cause this? Iīm in a pretty cold weather, and the light is ventilated. Iīm dumbfounded... any help will be apretiated!
Changuitos is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 08:36 AM #2
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Hi! You've come to the right place. There should be plenty of people who can help here. I think you need to provide a bit more information. Is this room colder? My feeling is it might be temperature related. You can't let the nutrients get too cold. About 65-68f should be close to what you want. The environment needs to be correct.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:50 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Looks like bug damage. If you're not finding tiny bugs and eggs on the bottom of the leaves, you'll have to check the roots. Gnats and aphids bite the roots, which causes spots on the leaves.

If you could, please post another photo or two with cfl lighting for full color.

Welcome to ICMag!!
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:22 PM #4
Changuitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac_AU View Post
Is this room colder? My feeling is it might be temperature related. You can't let the nutrients get too cold. About 65-68f should be close to what you want.
Hi!

Hmmm, the room is a little warmer actually.

A little update: Lat night i freaked out and moved her back to the veg room, this morning she looks a little better (https://imgur.com/a/jcbAswL), not great, but a little better.

So, whatīs the next move? I guess iīm gonna leave her to fully recover (hopefully), and then move her back to the flowering room with the lights a mile away...
I need to have her in the flowering room, because of the smell.
I hope this hasnīt stunted her too much.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:29 PM #5
Changuitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Looks like bug damage. If you're not finding tiny bugs and eggs on the bottom of the leaves, you'll have to check the roots. Gnats and aphids bite the roots, which causes spots on the leaves.

If you could, please post another photo or two with cfl lighting for full color.

Welcome to ICMag!!

Thank you!

Iīve checked for bugs, and itīs super clean.

Hereīs a better picture: https://imgur.com/a/ZQbcSzl

A little update: Lat night i freaked out and moved her back to the veg room, this morning she looks a little better (https://imgur.com/a/jcbAswL), not great, but a little better.

So, whatīs the next move? I guess iīm gonna leave her to fully recover (hopefully), and then move her back to the flowering room with the lights a mile away...

Old 07-21-2018, 05:51 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
That looks like the beginning stages of a Ca deficiency.

Folk can & will help if you spec your grow conditions.
What are the room temps?
Humidity?
Soil used?
Nutrients used?
Additives?
Soil pH?
Nutrient solution pH?

Hydro is not my thing.
I’m pretty sure Douglas can stear you in the right direction given a little more information.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 06:27 PM #7
Changuitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
That looks like the beginning stages of a Ca deficiency.

Folk can & will help if you spec your grow conditions.
What are the room temps?
Humidity?
Soil used?
Nutrients used?
Additives?
Soil pH?
Nutrient solution pH?

Hydro is not my thing.
I’m pretty sure Douglas can stear you in the right direction given a little more information.

I donīt have all this info, iīm sorry!

All i have is:

PH: 6.0
Nutrients: GH MAxiBloom at Lucaīs Formula ratio.

And yes, iīm guessing this was some deficency triggered by the plant trying to cope with the new enviroment (and maybe even starting the flowering) and sucking up the nutes?

Thank you man.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:49 AM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Question: Your hydro system is which? Roots-In or Roots-Out? Roots-In systems have their roots constantly exposed to the nutrient solution. DWC, RDWC, NFT and so on. Roots-Out systems get flooded/fed several times a day with dry out periods.

Second question: How long has the pH been at 6.0?

With the better photo, I'm also leaning more toward a calcium issue.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote