What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Big Nasty, colloidal silver should never look "yellow", so my first guess is your distilled water isn't as pure as it should be, or the silver you're using isn't pure silver (... there's not too many other parameters eheh :)). Also keep the alligator clips (if youre using them) out of the water. btw just as a random guess, yellow might indicate sulphur/sulphates?

Big Nasty

Big Nasty, colloidal silver should never look "yellow", so my first guess is your distilled water isn't as pure as it should be, or the silver you're using isn't pure silver (... there's not too many other parameters eheh :)). Also keep the alligator clips (if youre using them) out of the water. btw just as a random guess, yellow might indicate sulphur/sulphates?

Well,it's not really yellow,it's more like wine and then it gets darker,like tea,in a couple of days.The water is the one for car battery and silver is supposed to be 999.It seems to have some kind of effect on the plant and i think in a week or so i'll know if it's working or not,i'll update here.Photos.https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=446211&stc=1&d=1518620278 https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=446213&stc=1&d=1518620278 https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=446215&stc=1&d=1518620278 https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=446217&stc=1&d=1518620324 I store it in a closet at room temp,no lights.

Attachments

• DSCN1017.jpg
    DSCN1017.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN1031.jpg
    DSCN1031.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN1032.jpg
    DSCN1032.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN1033.jpg
    DSCN1033.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN1025.jpg
    DSCN1025.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN1029.jpg
    DSCN1029.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1030.jpg
    DSCN1030.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
The water is the one for car battery and silver is supposed to be 999.
Easiest and cheapest thing to test first would be simply go to your local supermarket/grocery store and buy a FRESH/NEW bottle of distilled water (don't need much as you know), that would help rule out your 'car battery water' as a problem, and more often than not it will be impure water causing problems like a yellowing or "wine" or "tealike" composition of the water.

Afterall, if your .999 silver really is that pure then the 0.001% impurity shouldn't be large enough to cause an issue, and .999 is what myself and many here have always used (there is no need for the extra expense of .9999).

It really needs to be just pure distilled water though because you don't want any other silver compounds being created via the electrolysis ... if you use tap water for example you could end up with silver chloride and silver fluoride (etc) ... probably not good for the plant, and probably not good if somebody ends up smoking any of that plant.

I'm not a chemist, I'm erring on the side of caution. I consider any plant sprayed with CS (even if just one branch) to be a "non-consumable write-off" -- all i want from it is the feminised pollen.

Distilled water is cheap (not quite as cheap as drinking water but we don't need much of it) and easily accessible so there's no need to gamble wasting your time with anything else.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
What is the shelf life of the colloidal silver? I'm assuming that if it isn't exposed to sunlight it can last for quite a while without deteriorating?

Big Nasty

Hi everybody,finally i can clearly see some tiny balls forming at every node,i suspended the cs 2 days ago and i think the growth is faster now.Is it better to spray for another week or i should stop in order to get a fair amount of pollen?I don't know if the cs can damage the flowers.

Big Nasty

What is the shelf life of the colloidal silver? I'm assuming that if it isn't exposed to sunlight it can last for quite a while without deteriorating?

I'm no expert at all but i prefer to make small batches as needed,one bowl of mine lasts a week or so.CS has indeed a long enough shelf life as they sell it but i think there's no point in using an old stock for our purpose.

Big Nasty

Ok,done.There was a little pollen(i hope it's viable) but i'm happy with that and i'll try again in 2-3 days since there are other bananas opening.I can't wait to know if it's working :)
picture.php

Big Nasty

I harvested the seeds:19 from the plant in soil and 14 from the one in dwc(i don't know why but they are half the size),thanks guys.
picture.php
picture.php

BigPete

If I was to put Colloidal silver in my hydroponic reservoir would this affect the whole plant being fed from this reservoir? Or does this only work on the part of the plant that is sprayed? I was thinking that as colloidal siiver has anti bacterial and fungal properties it would do a good job cleaning a reservoir that had fusarium infection.

Last edited:
I

izzypog

I have been using colloidal silver for two weeks now. My generator is made with nine volt batteries, pre made wire/alligator clip combo, distilled water, and .925 silver wire. It does work, just as potent as .999. As soon as I started 12/12 I started spraying, I want to continue until I use up the last of my homemade concoctions. I let the water get murky amber color, with 3 nine volt batteries I can have this done within 4 hours. I am already seeing the conversion from female to male and it is really interesting. I have massive amounts of seeds already, many different strains. So far I am doing a SD and a Orange bud. I am going to self them and mix them. This is my first time.

JustSumTomatoes

If I was to put Colloidal silver in my hydroponic reservoir would this affect the whole plant being fed from this reservoir? Or does this only work on the part of the plant that is sprayed? I was thinking that as colloidal siiver has anti bacterial and fungal properties it would do a good job cleaning a reservoir that had fusarium infection.
That's an interesting idea, you should totally try it and document the results.

I wonder if you were to inject it directly into the stalk if it would also work and require the use of less colloidal silver

JustSumTomatoes

Just shared this in my grow thread, figured you guys would want to see it since this thread was the inspiration! :) 9 volt, 100mA DC adapter using a soldering stand and 4 inches each of 14 gauge, 4N silver wire .99%.

Attachments

• 20190823_032600[1].jpg
    20190823_032600[1].jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 47

JustSumTomatoes

Holy Moses, it does work! Sprayed a female, and I mean drenched her almost every day for 2 weeks with CS brewed for 24 hours per batch in 28 ounces of distilled water. Last week no bananas, this week and they're popping out of the tops of the buds!

Also a note worth mentioning, all applications were done at night well before sunrise so this may have helped give them extra time to soak in the CS before it dried up.

Took a little over 3 weeks for me to see them from the point of the first spraying, but it does work. Be patient!

sleezegod

read through all this thread, and i must say, was one of my favorite forum reads. So thanks to everyone for this. Bumping it for a 2020 update:
as i am trying this for science, i might as well throw my data here and i will try to update as much as possible.

- 12v - 1000ma colloidal silver generator, run for 24 hours per batch
- sterling silver wire @ 24 guage/6 inches long and 2 inches apart. (.925 apparantly
.999 doesnt exist in my country)
- 500ml distilled water glass container
- ppm reads 11 after 24 hours of brewing
- northern lights strain automatic
- first spray was started at week 4 from moving seed into the soil.
- full drenched sometimes, focused on bud nodes and buds later.
- this post marks 13 days of straight up bud spraying, twice a day.

plant seems taller than usual. bud site pistils are brown and shriveling. sexual growth seems halted as bud sites do not seem to be growing.

my question is: are those signs of reversal? (the browning of pistils)

This thread is probably the most helpful CS information I have found.

I did the 3 9v battery method and like a previous poster, I got a light amber liquid. I let it cook for about 25 hours and was worried it was going to be too strong.

I got a TDS meter which showed 15ppm. I checked the meter on distilled water 2ppm , some store bought CS claimed to be 20 and checked out at 21ppm. So basically I'm confident that the meter is good. Not sure why so low a reading after such a long time.

The question is, can I just boil down my 15ppm to get it into the 20-50ppm range or will that damage the CS?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts