What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoors farming af, strain selection. Advice welcome!

Veggia farmer

From LBH for the outdoors I got :
Auto Kush 1#,
Amnesia Purple semi auto,
auto Jack herer,
asian haze semi auto,
Orange diesel haze (auto?),
Guerilla Gold (3# I think it was?),
sour diesel haze (Purple line) auto,
Blue thai haze auto

Bought some other stuff aswell but that is for mostly for indoors..

-TheShortTexan-

Idk about breeding qualities, but Auto Afghan Mass by 00 seeds is supposed to be a heavy yielding high Indica dominant for outdoor auto gardens. Afghan strains tend to be pretty heat tolerant too, which is what makes them attractive here in the south... Best of luck!

-TheShortTexan-

Veggia farmer

Update, The auto kush from lbh is done now. seed to seed. I got 20-22 seeds dont remember BUT 20 sprouted and was grown under 2x250hps in 10literpots in good compost. Ended up With 14 females and 6males, good ratio! All these females were fully pollinated to get the most seeds as possible. harvested the firsts a couple weeks ago, and the last ones today. Some different phenos, some short typicallly affie in structure and some were more lanky and more slim in stem.

I loved 3 plants! 2 green short, green plants thight Flowers, lemon kushy smell. These I have smoked, and Iam very happy about the smoke especially when i think about the grow, "weak" light, uneven canopy due to height, and full pollination! Then I harvested the last special plant today so no smoke yet… BUT that one had very good trichs coverage andr Nice size in Flowers, good smell/strong, Purple! Also a Shorter pheno.

DTOM420

I know this thread is old but I still wanted to post that there are LOTS of great (quality smoke) auto strains these days and quite a few that will produce pretty big yields. Here are some of the big yeilders I like:

Dutch Passion Auto Ultimate
Dutch Passion Auto Mazar
Dinafem XXL Cheese Auto
Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG

The Dinafem strains finish much faster, though. For awesome smoke that produces great yields but not XXL yields, look at any of the autos from.... Dutch Passion, Fast Seeds and Sweet Seeds!

For some really inexpensive seeds that really surprised me with their quality of flower, speed (65-70 days!) and ease of growing, look at Paul’s Super Dense from New429Guy seeds! At $6 each for his most expensive fem seeds and the quality of the genetics I’ve gotten, he’s a no-brainer! Heck of a nice guy, also!

Yield with autos really has a lot to do with technique as well, imo. Top it above node 4 between day 14 and day 20 (NOT a single day outside those parameters!!) and do some medium to medium-light LST under 20/4 or 18/6 and you’ll be pleased with your yield, I’ll bet!

Hope this helps. Happy growing!

Oh yeah, I wanted to add that that Super Dense strain (and his Crystal Aurora Auto) were EXTREMELY pest and mold resistant!! We had some very unusual weather here during flower, with historic rainfall and nearly 2 months of rain, humidity and overcast skies. I got some botrytis on a plant right next to these 2 strains and the regular wind blowing it right towards them; but they never got even a touch of it. The weather also brought out way mire bugs than usual and these 2 strains were the most resistant in the entire garden. I was truly amazed and impressed!

Last edited by a moderator:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indeed, there are numerous choices for autos out there. Do your research, grow them as Cvh explained in weekly tutorial, you'll have a nice product in the end. We send a Grow Guide to our customers to ensure success. More many, autos are the way to grow! ;o)