What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help planning first scrog

G

ganjygav

Hi guy's

Well I've finally decided to try a scrog grow.
I've got 3 cheesy dick clones and I've ordered a frame and screen of eBay.

picture.php

Now I've been reading various tutorials but I can't figure how to arrange the pots under the screen. Should I put the pots in a triangle shape or in a row?
Just don't want to much growth in one area.
This will be done in a 1.5 x 1.5 tent.

Also which method is best? Weaving branches over the netting or just to keep pulling the branches back under the screen and moving across to the next square?
The last one sounds easy but seems more like a plant support in the photos I've seen.

Cheers

MickFoster

You don't weave the branches - they should grow under the net and pulled down to the next opening. Place the net 8" - 12" above the pot, remove growth below the net, and keep tucking until after the 2nd week of flower.

G

ganjygav

The net and frame arrived today. My clones will be potted up into 15litre pots this weekend.
I've had some bad news, we are having new windows fitted in spring. So I'm not gonna be able to veg that long.
Another 4 weeks and I've got to flip hence the 15ltr pots.

I ain't gonna have time to fill the screen but I'm still gonna use it to get some practice.
My clones are only 5 inch tall at moment and one of them looks like 2 clones in one pot. I will take pictures in a couple of hours to show you guys.

G

ganjygav

I'm not sure I'm going to able to do this at all. As you can see my tent has no side access and I'm having real trouble reaching the back half of the scrog net.

Now I'm not much of a problem solver and I'm hoping you guys have some suggestions about how I'm gonna go about this.

Tent area is 1.5m x 1.5m

picture.php

G

ganjygav

I've decided to take the frame out. I had it 12 inches above the pots and I couldn't get below it to the back plant.
I'm gonna put the net away until next year when I get a new tent with side access
Shame I was looking forward to try my first scrog

G

ganjygav

Could you not raise the pots on a table then crawl under to fix branches looked good too

Brilliant, see I told you I'm not much of a problem solver. I can follow instructions perfectly but can't seem to think about things.
I blame my brain injury lol.
Yes that sounds like a plan thanks

G

ganjygav

I'm just going to keep this thread updated with this so you guys can see how I'm doing.
Topped the plants this week. They're 10-12 inches tall at the moment.
I've raised the net and I can fit under now. I'm going to raise the plants to the net this week coming.
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Alright ganjygav your Scrog is looking great.subbed for the grow.all the best man.

Cheers, I've got time constraints this time so I can't fill the screen but I'm gonna veg till 1st of December so should get some practice using the screen.

Speed of green

Looking good!

keep good notes on this first one so you will know how they stretch and what training they respond to best.

keep it up!

Bobby Boucher

My neck can't handle all that sh*t anymore. If I cant pop my plants out and up a crate and spin them around to clean the bottoms, I just won't clean them.

I would incrementally affix larger and larger screens to each container, and then plop the net you got another 8 inches above the final screens once you have everything cleaned up and ready to "lock" into place.

Saves me so much time and neck pain.. What used to take me 2 hours of holding my neck up on my back now takes 20 minutes in a comfortable seated position. I can't stress enough how nice it is to be able to move your plants to and fro. Serially.

And regarding having your windows fitted, having individual screens would allow you to throw your (well supported) veg plants away in the attic or something if/while you have visitors. I have to tear down and set up for family visits pretty often. Takes ~4 hours to tear down and set up 3 tents. Food for thought.

Attachments

• rps20150907 180600
    rps20150907 180600
    77.9 KB · Views: 23

Bobby Boucher

I should note that I don't grow soil, so I haven't really put any thought into what might be the best way to securely affix a screen to a soil container, other than placing the plant in a cubic frame with a solid bottom and a screened top.. but fwiw here's how I tuck my dwc buckets away in the attic.. The 2nd screen restricts the plant to the desired vertical clearance, and the handles on the gorilla tubs that I keep my buckets in makes carrying everything a breeze. I can't think of a better way to march a full grown plant up and down some stairs.

That's about all I've got, though. If you can find a way to keep everything uber-mobile, it'll save you a ton of head/neck/backache.

\\//

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 11.09.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 11.09.20 AM.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 12
G

ganjygav

I'm thinking again anyway to take down the screen. I can't reach either fan. I'm going to just lst the plants and get a new tent with side access next year.
I very nearly fell into the tent trying to adjust my fans lol.
Yeah them frames for individual pots look smart, a lot easier to handle.

Bobby Boucher

I wouldn't close off the tent with that big screen the way you are until the plants were all cleaned, trained, and ready for takeoff, and I would make sure that it was very easily lowered and raised, so that I can simply raise it up come harvest time to pull my plants out without having to destroy all my string, but also obviously to get in and out of the back should i need to unplug some shit or w/e.

Lst has exactly the same effect as scrog, but you have to be adamant about it, and it's f'n painful if you are crouching down and fiddling with the knots for extended periods of time. You gotta remember to respect your body. If it ain't ergonomic, after awhile, you are going to f*ck your sh*t up. I was lst'ing young plants for some time until I got lazy, suffered for it, and decided to make some adorable little 14"x14" screens to start my clones off with. Again, enormous time and neck saver. Having the screens initially small enough to spin around within the tent is a game changer for me.

A screen doesn't have to be locked in and super obtrusive, and imo, not scrogging shouldn't even be an option with small scale indoor grows. But those are just my 2 cents, which isn't worth very much to begin with.

Latest posts

Latest posts