What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Dutch F2's

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Double Dutch F2's - These are F2's I made from Double Dutch seeds from Magus Seeds. Magus seeds Double Dutch was made by a member by the name Gerrit. I only got one female out of the package of 10 seeds and the rest where males. I'm sure I only used one of the males for these seeds, but I had another male that I remember using to make some seeds but was never used on the female Double Dutch.

I just started soaking 20 of the F2's and there are still more in reserve. I will be selecting males and females from this group for parents for F3's

These next two pictures are of a cutting of the Double Dutch mother plant that was used

picture.php

picture.php

yts farmer

Veteran
Your double dutch looks like a beast, grew her myself long time ago bit didn't get that pheno unfortunately .

Heavy yielding strain and i found the smell almost orange like, with a citrus flavour.

Was a good daytime smoke ,

May have 1 or 2 pics in my old gallery .

Peace

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Here we go!

picture.php

And then after moving them to the aeroponic unit

picture.php

As of right now the pump is on and running. I'll leave it running 24/7 for about the first week or until the roots are long enough to handle off/on times, the first couple days they need more moisture to keep the root tips wet.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
24 hours later (I'll be referring to this as day 2, or the start of day 2)

picture.php

picture.php

And a picture of the roots.
picture.php

yts farmer

Veteran
Cool, never seen anybody go from seed with an aero propergator before����

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Day 5

I went and raise them closer up to the 400w light last night. In the picture you can see that they have started the 2nd set of true leaves.

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Great Double Dutch mother!
Take a sit :)
IBL purpose?
Greetings

That is a question that will require a very long response and I'll expand upon that.

I'm going to be looking for males and females. I'm planning on making an F3 generation out of the this group of seeds. I'm looking to use many males and females to make a large selection of F3 seeds from different males and females. I am planning to select several of the females with the intent of making F3 seeds. I want to make as large of a gene pool as I can for the F3 generation. One point of this is to help help reduce the chance of lack of vigor due to the fact that these seeds are from one male and one female. I want to select plants that resemble the Chronic side of the family and ones that resemble the Warlock side of the family. I have other strains that I've been wanting to cross to the Double Dutch. I plan on collecting pollen for use in the future.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
It's now day 7 for these seedlings. These 19 seedling are showing signs that they are already in need of having their nutrients levels (ppm) increased. I've still been working on finding the sweet spot for seedlings when starting them like this. I always see some degree of spots on the leaves at some point like in the picture bellow, but the tend to grow out of it after a few sets of new leaves grow out. I have another aeroponic unit sitting next to this one with only 4 seedlings and none of them are showing the leaf spots, which makes me think that since there are way more seedling in one unit then the other, they they are using more of one nutrient and thus due to their numbers they are using more which is why they are showing the leaf spot.

I need to go and trim back the roots so they produce more side roots.

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Updated pictures will be added later today. I was a little under the weather earlier this week and didn't get pictures uploaded yet.

I transplanted all of the F2's into a different larger aeroponic unit earlier this week.

out of all 19 seedlings, I'd call 5 of them runts, then there are 2 that are larger then the runts, but smaller then the rest which are the largest. So out of the 19 seedlings, 12 of them are in the potential keepers category based on their size so far. The other 7 may end up being culled. If this ratio is the same in the remaining seeds from this group, I could be looking at a total of 33 keepers out of the remaining 53 seeds, when I get around to the next round of these remaining seeds. Until then I'll be looking at these ones that are already growing.

mack 10

Veteran
^^interesting method. you going to transplant them to another system?
never seen anyone run seeds like that.
eas it not super fiddly to get vthem into the pucks?