What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Archive Seed Bank Thread?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Has anyone gotten any solid og phenos from the OG lines?

I get nothing but very watered down chemdog smells out of 4 packs of SFV OG x Faceoff. I got 3 phenos that looked EXACTLY like SFV and smelled like it live but when dry have a spot on sour skunk chemdog without the extreme chem or gas smell. Kind of like an ok skunk. 0 taste on any phenos and muted smells for an OG. 2/3 were females. Handed 2 lb's of this to front to someone to sell since I couldn't move it my self due to quality and they handed it back and said, "Dat shit low man. Can't do nothin with it". Someone handed me back a fuckin front...That was a first ever lol. I expected him to at least steal half of it lol /shrug. I was not even in a legal state...Just giving an honest review. The line needs work and the face off needs to be bred out to the point it DOESN'T dominate everything if you ask me...If it keeps going that direction imo the crosses will be as about sought after as Deep Chunk crosses are...I run from it and the white crosses like they are the plague...

SFV to me is the standard bearer of OG's. It is the definition of OG. This is why I bought so many packs. This has stopped me from buying anymore of the OG crosses until they are worked more unless someone can give me alternative cuts that shine through in the cross instead of being battered by the Faceoff. which I am convinced is not OG at this point and just a Chem/skunk pheno (skunk more than anything due to strength of branches).

I got solid OG's from Karma's crosses, phenos you can't tell aren't legit OG in anyway, but avoid the ones with the white in it like the plague...It ruins the taste and smell of OG like Faceoff and Deep Chunk do imo.

The dosidos lines have great phenos with taste and smell from my experience, but the Grape Ape x Dosidos turned out bad as well. 4 packs. I wanted sweet grape jelly. I got one pheno of the packs that might smell like White Grape. None have taste or good smell outside of strong cookie leaners from the lot. I blame Grape Ape completely for this as several other Dosi crosses produced great results with 2 plants I will keep around for years to come.

Does grape ape smell like wine grapes and not what most of us really want when we think Grape? Never bothered with the cut so I don't know...I know after growing those out though that I do not think it breeds well AT ALL and won't ever buy crosses of it again until someone proves me wrong with a sample....

Dosi has some great stuff in it. I commend the breeder on this one. It is ready for prime time. Faceoff has potential if the faceoff can be bred out. As of now I would not pay more than 40 bucks for these OG crosses compared to everything else I am growing from competition and would only run no more than a single pack at a time. I remember him saying he is working these lines so I will be interested again in a few more breeding steps perhaps, but this purchase decision really hurt my wallet not only price of seeds but product produced. 1-2 a pack will look stellar and 1-2 females of 15 will look exactly like SFV in structure and smell while live, but be prepared for a real let down upon jarring if you have ever smoked real deal SFV and Triangle Kush.

very interesting thoughts. but I think you got it wrong, a little. as tha docta is not using face off male, but face off BX male. he used Manic for backcrossing, and if you ever have backcrossed something, you know it doesnt stabilize anything... so I think that Manic is responsible for these bland terps.. so it would be the white, deep chunk and manic you should avoid :D LOL but I think these are great breeding tools, it just depends on how you use it. look at wifi from raskal, its the most popular version of ogk cross in seeds.. there is even wifi43 cut, it should be up there with best ogk cuts(I didnt grow it. so maybe I am wrong..). same with deep chunk, powerhouse from Htc was great cross. it just doesnt combine great with anything.. and that is breeder´s work to find out which combination is winner and not to cross one male with every cut you can get on your hand, right?

GFS_Nic

Anyone here grew the Grimace OG at some point? I just grab pack on seedherenow, i cannot find much thread or grow log / report about it.

Thanks

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be grabbin CSI's Triangle Kush mendo purps and urkle crosses...Those are confirmed fuckin fire. Real OG fuel/pine/lemon terps and real spot on sweet dark grape welches smell.

I don't see face off blending well with purple urkle at all in comparison after the SFV cross and that is what grimace is. Face off x Urkle.

JetLife175

Veteran
What was the original “face off male” that he used in the initial release of the face off lines? Is it the same as what he’s using now or did he try to find a new stud?

The original releases. The ones I grew... they were all pretty fire. The catpiss cross he made and the Casper, RideBoi, and Race fuel. The race fuel was the high octane OG right?

I don’t know what’s up with his beans now but those packs had some straight fire in em. The face off didn’t seem to play much into the equation other than structure and effect, and when paired with another OG, it didn’t really matter much. Maybe he selected a different male from the bx.

nickman

Veteran
I would be grabbin CSI's Triangle Kush mendo purps and urkle crosses...Those are confirmed fuckin fire. Real OG fuel/pine/lemon terps and real spot on sweet dark grape welches smell.

I don't see face off blending well with purple urkle at all in comparison after the SFV cross and that is what grimace is. Face off x Urkle.

I just grabbed some of CSI’s Old Family Purple f2’s and I’m running his Bubba ain’t Shit right now...

AWSOME freebies: OG kush x Chem 91 and Pine Tar Kush...
Can’t wait to run those ........

GFS_Nic

Thanks for your inputs guys, your knowledges are priceless.
I will definetely give a try at CSI's work, if i can grab a pack in old europe. Meanwhile i will give a chance to the Grimace OG because, well, because i'm a stubborn idiot. :D
In all honesty, i really like my Face Off bx2, for me it's fire and my friends seems to be in the same page. Off course we do not have access to all the elite cuts and all the true OG genetics. So my opinion do not really matter on that subject, i'm kinda inexperienced.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Mogli

hey .. i'm looking for dosidos# 18 or 22 seeds . most of the site i been check it out of stock .
i need it ship to europe . any hellp where i can order ?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hit up artizen seed shop. They got your 18. You will actually get your seeds too.

Do not buy from green line organics he has advertised on his page as you will probably get ripped off and not receive your beans.

Mogli

Hit up artizen seed shop. They got your 18. You will actually get your seeds too.

Do not buy from green line organics he has advertised on his page as you will probably get ripped off and not receive your beans.

thanks for the fast answer .
wich one of the cut is better 18 or 22 ?
i found the #22 cut also on seedcellar .. hm but they not shiping to europe
after check . also artizen seed not send to eruope

fvasquez

Has anyone gotten any solid og phenos from the OG lines?

I get nothing but very watered down chemdog smells out of 4 packs of SFV OG x Faceoff. I got 3 phenos that looked EXACTLY like SFV and smelled like it live but when dry have a spot on sour skunk chemdog without the extreme chem or gas smell. Kind of like an ok skunk. 0 taste on any phenos and muted smells for an OG. 2/3 were females. Handed 2 lb's of this to front to someone to sell since I couldn't move it my self due to quality and they handed it back and said, "Dat shit low man. Can't do nothin with it". Someone handed me back a fuckin front...That was a first ever lol. I expected him to at least steal half of it lol /shrug. I was not even in a legal state...Just giving an honest review. The line needs work and the face off needs to be bred out to the point it DOESN'T dominate everything if you ask me...If it keeps going that direction imo the crosses will be as about sought after as Deep Chunk crosses are...I run from it and the white crosses like they are the plague...

SFV to me is the standard bearer of OG's. It is the definition of OG. This is why I bought so many packs. This has stopped me from buying anymore of the OG crosses until they are worked more unless someone can give me alternative cuts that shine through in the cross instead of being battered by the Faceoff. which I am convinced is not OG at this point and just a Chem/skunk pheno (skunk more than anything due to strength of branches).

I got solid OG's from Karma's crosses, phenos you can't tell aren't legit OG in anyway, but avoid the ones with the white in it like the plague...It ruins the taste and smell of OG like Faceoff and Deep Chunk do imo.

The dosidos lines have great phenos with taste and smell from my experience, but the Grape Ape x Dosidos turned out bad as well. 4 packs. I wanted sweet grape jelly. I got one pheno of the packs that might smell like White Grape. None have taste or good smell outside of strong cookie leaners from the lot. I blame Grape Ape completely for this as several other Dosi crosses produced great results with 2 plants I will keep around for years to come.

Does grape ape smell like wine grapes and not what most of us really want when we think Grape? Never bothered with the cut so I don't know...I know after growing those out though that I do not think it breeds well AT ALL and won't ever buy crosses of it again until someone proves me wrong with a sample....

Dosi has some great stuff in it. I commend the breeder on this one. It is ready for prime time. Faceoff has potential if the faceoff can be bred out. As of now I would not pay more than 40 bucks for these OG crosses compared to everything else I am growing from competition and would only run no more than a single pack at a time. I remember him saying he is working these lines so I will be interested again in a few more breeding steps perhaps, but this purchase decision really hurt my wallet not only price of seeds but product produced. 1-2 a pack will look stellar and 1-2 females of 15 will look exactly like SFV in structure and smell while live, but be prepared for a real let down upon jarring if you have ever smoked real deal SFV and Triangle Kush.

There is a killer Valley Girl OG in downtown LA. Very lemony and just as strong as the SFV. Arguably better than any SFV I have had this decade. That's strictly from a consumer point of view. Many of the old Archive OGs have produced some great bud. Jungle Boys were selling a bunch of them for a while and I tried some great samples in that time frame. Face on Fire was probably my favorite but they stopped running that one for whatever reason.

fvasquez

Will also add to the post above that Grape Ape should be straight up grape candy smelling. The best sample I had was earthy, grape candy dank.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a killer Valley Girl OG in downtown LA. Very lemony and just as strong as the SFV. Arguably better than any SFV I have had this decade. That's strictly from a consumer point of view. Many of the old Archive OGs have produced some great bud. Jungle Boys were selling a bunch of them for a while and I tried some great samples in that time frame. Face on Fire was probably my favorite but they stopped running that one for whatever reason.

Thanks for firsthand opinion. i wasn't going to pop my lemon G x faceoff as a result, but may try a few now. If he works Valley Girl more I will try it again, but I couldn't bring my self to spend anymore than I have already ;\

Will also add to the post above that Grape Ape should be straight up grape candy smelling. The best sample I had was earthy, grape candy dank.

Gotcha. I really wish it would have bred a little more true to the dosidos. Definitely no sweet grape what so ever ;\ I had so many girls of the cross too. Did it have taste too or just all dank smell?

I got really awesome fem numbers from all of his lines I ran at the time. Really looking forward to popping few more dosidos crosses I have.

Latest posts

Latest posts