What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Federation Seed Company - Mikado

I have been still searching for this line. I had a cross with mikado in it with raspberry/fuchsia expressions... as looking more into those goals for the properties, as getting the purple tricome is a closer reality. I say keep going as many are interested in this line. SPG is a possibility, but there is some disputed on another thread on this forum, but don't want to fan the flames.. so mikado in general is a great strain and is wanted by me and others.

There are other resources for spg, chimera seems to have some available on the bou x's with blueberry, and he is a reliable type of breeder. And of federation's gear is coveted especially the sativas. Include me in the people interested. Don't scrub or give up on this. I research a lot and look everywhere for certain genetics, and mikado is one of the rarities that are seemingly impossible to locate except gypsy's mikado99, but I haven't found much on it. But will probably end up getting them soon from the bou along with some other seeds.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Lets try this again...

Lets try this again...

output_GLcuwJ.gif

Down into the moisture they go!
Will they come up?
No one really knows...
:underwater:

Happy New Years Everyone!
BeL

Attachments

• output_t9Rw9T.gif
    output_t9Rw9T.gif
    114.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
Guess they didn't make it. I made f2's of Federations Berlin..I had 2 packs of their Cotton Candy too that I gifted to a friend to find the keepers but he messed them up.i forget what happened. I really wish I had gotten their Crown Royal and Hawaiian sativa dammit.

bambi

hallo'' - I grew out two pkt's of the Mikado true f/1 strain back in 2008 and found some great variation I took photo's of and can come back tomorrow and post em if ya like,

I only found one squat type indica that I didn't like as much as the green/blue colour phenotype I picked out and breed with since, there was one with reddish purple type hues and pistols yet not as high yielding as the rest,

I didn't find it a easy plant to breed with though, can make the cross's I choose abit on the light side with regards to bud's, big big sticky buds yet light, nice n stable the Mikado though,
In vege I recall the clones were very slow to vege and could almost do without any nutrient other than good dirt medium, took another week to vege compared to other skunks ive had over the years,

Il leave some pictures I found just now, the Mikado high was long lasting and superbly mellow, very sticky greasy for a 45 day flowering plant I might grow again one day soon.

Attachments

• mikado clone 2008.jpg
    mikado clone 2008.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 104
  • mikado 2008.jpg
    mikado 2008.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 95
  • mikado - kodiak gold - afghanni 1 - skunk 1 back crossed..jpg
    mikado - kodiak gold - afghanni 1 - skunk 1 back crossed..jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Mikado_hybrid_2010.jpg
    Mikado_hybrid_2010.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 97
  • mikado - humboldt.jpg
    mikado - humboldt.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 108
I too love mikado,I know Im giving this thread a big bump but the passion I have for this strain can not be described.It was the first real strain I ran as a 16yr old ordered from Marc.I use to love his back few pages.Id study them for hours.

When they arrived they were the first plant I grew other than bagseed that I was excited about.I remember a plant that had visible trichs all over the insides of the leafs in veg.A very chemmy pukey piney smell in the stems and the dankest buds I or my family had ever seen.As a matter of fact it was the strain I was growing when I met my wife at 18.Now about to be 30 lol.

I left the strain behind when we moved in together,but hands down best in my circle.Im talking import,local whatever.Hands down best herb of my childhood/teenage years.

Only I remember slightly less bushy plants with the rasp cream taste.

I recently popped some orig stock carried on by Hazeman,and have 30 or so going.
I see 3 very distinct phenotypes.One very busy and the most vigerous out of the bunch.One smaller phenotype with very close node spacing and no bushing what so ever.It resembles affi/og kush in nature.I do have a dark leafed almost blue phenotype.That is one of the bushy phenotypes.But then their seems to be a mix of the two.Waiting on some clones to root to move on the perpetual.But these are all vegged nice for the most part and ready to go.

Im the founder of Seed no Evil if anyones heard of us.If not you will :)
As a breeder I have various plans for these.I have a pheno of each male selected from 30 beans and about 5 females that really stood out to me.I toss runts.If they arnt keeping up or show mutation in the bin they go.I looked for smell,node spacing,structure,stress resistance etc and these seem to fit the bill so far.I do have one female I thought was a male but I dont think Ill be using him in the end either way.If I do carry on the generation,Ill take a pheno of each and run an open pollination in the lab....Other than that various in and out crosses.Test some progeny so on and so forth.Since this strain started my growing career,and was my moms favorite back then,and I lost it.Our replacement became Lonestars Killerqueen cut(pacific g13 x bro grim c99) but unlike mikado is a sativa hybrid that leans strong to the sativa side.

Wish you were here by pink floyd was my moms favorite song,and the title to a strain I am making in remembrance of her.She pass ed on 11/7 last year.Ever since then this project has been on my mind and now I finally know what is worthy to combine the killerqueen with.It only makes sense it should end where it began.With out her supporting my growing at an early age,and allowing my skills to blossom Seed no Evil would no exist.I know yall dont know us yet.But I my self have been working towards this going on 6 years.A pipe dream for the last 10.We have our own site going up,14 creations of my own not including my two partners work.

Rather than flood the market with unstable work,our goal has always been quality.In the seeds and the buds grown.Even the variation Im seeing in the mikado lets me down.But I suppose any number of phenotypes could arise at any given time so lol at me.Especially with the spg rumors etc.For now Im going to go with what I know.Grow em all take cuts and keep the best most stable parents for breeding.

Anyone else see the non bushy phenotypes that I remember and am seeing now?

bambi

I too love mikado,I know Im giving this thread a big bump but the passion I have for this strain can not be described.It was the first real strain I ran as a 16yr old ordered from Marc.I use to love his back few pages.Id study them for hours.

When they arrived they were the first plant I grew other than bagseed that I was excited about.I remember a plant that had visible trichs all over the insides of the leafs in veg.A very chemmy pukey piney smell in the stems and the dankest buds I or my family had ever seen.As a matter of fact it was the strain I was growing when I met my wife at 18.Now about to be 30 lol.

I left the strain behind when we moved in together,but hands down best in my circle.Im talking import,local whatever.Hands down best herb of my childhood/teenage years.

Only I remember slightly less bushy plants with the rasp cream taste.

I recently popped some orig stock carried on by Hazeman,and have 30 or so going.
I see 3 very distinct phenotypes.One very busy and the most vigerous out of the bunch.One smaller phenotype with very close node spacing and no bushing what so ever.It resembles affi/og kush in nature.I do have a dark leafed almost blue phenotype.That is one of the bushy phenotypes.But then their seems to be a mix of the two.Waiting on some clones to root to move on the perpetual.But these are all vegged nice for the most part and ready to go.

Im the founder of Seed no Evil if anyones heard of us.If not you will :)
As a breeder I have various plans for these.I have a pheno of each male selected from 30 beans and about 5 females that really stood out to me.I toss runts.If they arnt keeping up or show mutation in the bin they go.I looked for smell,node spacing,structure,stress resistance etc and these seem to fit the bill so far.I do have one female I thought was a male but I dont think Ill be using him in the end either way.If I do carry on the generation,Ill take a pheno of each and run an open pollination in the lab....Other than that various in and out crosses.Test some progeny so on and so forth.Since this strain started my growing career,and was my moms favorite back then,and I lost it.Our replacement became Lonestars Killerqueen cut(pacific g13 x bro grim c99) but unlike mikado is a sativa hybrid that leans strong to the sativa side.

Wish you were here by pink floyd was my moms favorite song,and the title to a strain I am making in remembrance of her.She pass ed on 11/7 last year.Ever since then this project has been on my mind and now I finally know what is worthy to combine the killerqueen with.It only makes sense it should end where it began.With out her supporting my growing at an early age,and allowing my skills to blossom Seed no Evil would no exist.I know yall dont know us yet.But I my self have been working towards this going on 6 years.A pipe dream for the last 10.We have our own site going up,14 creations of my own not including my two partners work.

Rather than flood the market with unstable work,our goal has always been quality.In the seeds and the buds grown.Even the variation Im seeing in the mikado lets me down.But I suppose any number of phenotypes could arise at any given time so lol at me.Especially with the spg rumors etc.For now Im going to go with what I know.Grow em all take cuts and keep the best most stable parents for breeding.

Anyone else see the non bushy phenotypes that I remember and am seeing now?

Hi, the non bushy f/1's I grew out were a couple of very low indica's that were too light sensitive and not do well as clones either, another non bushy type was the pink/red'ish hued type or phenotype already mentioned by others as a pink grape fruit mum or dad used to make Mikado, I have some old photo's I can return with if like, ?

Ive kept the jade coloured plant to breed with like a couple of other breeders have done before myself, willy jack/a breeder from Canada I cant think of his name right now, M something ? sorry'

Ive made some good looking plants with this, however the Mikado didn't help much when it came to flavour or bettering the high in 2 out of 3 different lines I tried. - later then - b..

Hey B,
Thankyou for the reply.Im glad to see Im not the only one still working this line.
Also just started NDNguys(a buddy of mine)and Swampys 88G13hp x Butterscotch Hawaiian dubbed free Lenord by swampy before he passed.Sadly I never met swampy but NDN is my dude.He kicked down some awesome genetics to me Ive been slowly working through.Other than the mik and 88g13hp x bsh I also have some Black Dominia f2s,and Spacequeen f3s(from mos cutty) Tres Kush from TopDawg,Kromes The White cut x Stardawg(A Seed no Evil line) and Grapestomper x Underdawg og.More or less working through some stock for males.
What you guys got cooking in the kitchens?

As for the mikado,B you picked a bushy Jade female as your keeper correct?
Sounds just like one of the Females I have,well in veg.
Any other notes or recommendations?Smaller ladies are not light/stress resistant.But one of the small ladies had the raspberry scent and creamy fruity taste that was stable.Just needs to be grown out to see whats what.

What traits stand out the most to you in your phenotype?Especially if you can think back to when you found this cut and the other mikados you left behind for it.
Flower time anywhere near 45 days :)

Where did your cut come from emery and federation like 10 11 years ago?As far as anyone knows.Hazeman took orig emery/federation old school stock and made a new generation based on his own selections.Still seems right to par with all the other info Im finding I think Im on the right track.

But yes any information,odd traits noticed (like the sensitivity to light with some of the smaller kushy phenotypes)would be highly appreciated thankyou B.

Have a safe weekend all.
Solo

I had to get my safe addy all straightened out again.. ya know us old schoolers. And now I am almost ready... but popping a big round of high cbd first and pck

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
2016 BUMP! Got some Mikado from the folks doing a preservation project, just put 9 seeds in the water, (mikado X strawDiesel) X Mikado. Should be some dope in these...

Robney

Whoa GET MO, that sounds incredible! How them seeds going? Who's doing this preservation project? are they reworking other Federation stuff too? You've got me curious!

bambi

2016 BUMP! Got some Mikado from the folks doing a preservation project, just put 9 seeds in the water, (mikado X strawDiesel) X Mikado. Should be some dope in these...

Sweet mate sounds like you to may have a - ching moement when you find thiegh 01 }

Ive begun growing out my cross seed of a 2007 Mikado and Humboldt, - by Christ there possibly the most resinous plants ive ever seen in person or photo's to date, - my other hybrids are similar resin content but these Mikado babys really take the cake sorta thing,
Best of all the Mikado was quite a bland flavourless strain [ f/1 ] on release, - this is a good sign when it comes to flavour ive noted over a long period of time, - crossing these with perfume type stable strains especially give out amazing flavours in the finished product and myn really bought out the pink reddish grape fruit phenotype Mikado was built with or made from,

The highs stayed very mellow like the original Mikado but a little longer lasting, it was long lasting to beguin with and id love to see a profile on why this occurs in some plants, what cannabinoids etc help this happen, - those half hour Holland skunk highs are a thing of the past or will be in the near future I think,
Why waste $$$ on a half hr high unless we can re/invent it to last longer that's really just getting the right ratio's into place, not so much the medicinal ratio's though,

Il come back in a few days and show some photo's of my Mikado polyhybrid full of healthy vigour I need to water them almost every night in normal temps, good healthy sign that. - bam. :)

Last edited:

bambi

heres a Mikado indica dominant plant or Top grown out in a 15 litre dirt medium and hps lighting;

This had the pink grape fruit flavour and quite smelly with grape and perfume togeather, high was as described in my last post,

Got a few more shots to take and will share em soon. - b

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 74

bambi

Mikado cross photos.

Mikado cross photos.

Heres some of the skunks that I found more reliable in some respects,
The 42 - 44 day Mikado is there along with a few 7 weekers and the most resinous plants fininishing at 8 weeks, - looking like the original jade Mikado but at 8 weeks as the original Mikado did so if left longer than 45 days - 7 weeks under breeders spec's;

The indica and the odd sativa leaning skunk had the wine pink grapefruit flavour I didn't like at all, high was average long lasting as its mother was,

the skunks kept it real with out internode displacing like the sativa phenotypes like to do, yet they are extremely greasy also and might have the electric high I found the last run I tested a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• _DSC0726.jpg
    _DSC0726.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 88
  • _DSC0733.jpg
    _DSC0733.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 83
  • _DSC0731.jpg
    _DSC0731.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 88

bambi

Mikado poly hybrid picturs.

Mikado poly hybrid picturs.

a few more bud shot of the Mikado poly hybrid I'm working on still,

skunks have a very strong aroma of rose green onion that keeps in flavour also, really clear up high that's creative as hell. - from bambi Nz.

Attachments

• _DSC0734.jpg
    _DSC0734.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I'll start by saying I've never grown the mikado, but had the pleasure of smoking her back in 2007. I will never forget when my late friend, R.I.P., showed up to a friends house with a Tupperware filled with an OZ of Mikado Tops! The Oz was about 10 nugs all very uniform in size. The smell was very tropical with hints of berry. The high was super mellow with a nice head buzz. Been On the hunt for the genetics ever since! The nugs were a beautiful blueish/green color and definitely memorable! Wish I had some grow info to share but thought I'd share my story.
-Joe

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hazeman has Mikado seeds.

Federation was my fav seed house. I'm waiting patiently for Chimera to do a preservation project on those Cotton Candy beans he has. I won't hold my breath but he is the only one I know of who has those beans, my fav strain ever.

archaicatoms

Hazeman has Mikado seeds.

Federation was my fav seed house. I'm waiting patiently for Chimera to do a preservation project on those Cotton Candy beans he has. I won't hold my breath but he is the only one I know of who has those beans, my fav strain ever.

I wonder how old these things are. I thought federation went defunct in 1997. I don't know. Who knows?

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Latest posts