What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to know when to stop feeding before harvest?

bean82

haha, I've only harvested 5 times in my life, and always just for personal use. Trimming has been a joy so far! :)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haha, I've only harvested 5 times in my life, and always just for personal use. Trimming has been a joy so far!
The hate of trimming is plant dependant for me . i hate trimming but when it comes to plants like the first pic i showed .... its not to bad . it only takes a half hour or so to trim them .

but when you have plants like this ......

DSCF0728_zpsc872d791.jpg

trimming these Beasts are gonna be a royal PIA !!!!:wallbash:

The only plus side to trimming those is the sweet candy smell that they give off :)
Dutch Growns ... Laughing Tiger

bean82

Haha, that's quite a jungle you've got there, dansbuds! I can imagine that being more of a chore, than fun, when it comes to trimming. Especially with plants like your Laughing Tigers! Looks great!
You do have a way more exstensive grow, than I have. So far I only have to concentrate on 1 tent. With your mom/clone/veg/bloom boxes/cabs, it looks like you've got your hands full! Ain't no time for trimming! :rasta: Sweet setup you've got there!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hey all

I'm growing some bagseeds (supposed to be from chunky cheese). I switched to 12/12 app 47 days ago, and the girls showed their first pistils app 33 days ago. From what info I can find, they're supposed to flower for about 56 days...

What signs do you guys look for, to know when to stop feeding? Just the trichomes starting to cloud up? And if so, at what clear/cloudy ratio do you stop feeding?

Comments much appreciated! :rasta:

Edit: I don't even know if I posted this in the right section. Please move, if there's a better suited place for my question.
I watch for two things. One, the slowing of the physical expansion of the flowers. Two, the drop in transpiration levels each day.

When the plants switch from flower bulking to oil production (usually around week 4-5 for most 60-70 day hybrids), their nutritional needs drop. A this point, if you continue with regular feedings, your nutrient load will build up and your pH will drop like a stone.

I watch for about 5% to 15% amber trichomes for my harvest window. I recommend chopping at several times for any new strain/phenotype.

Hope that helps. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts