What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm back! With Legend OG Kush!

OBSoul33t

these pictures are from about a year ago running just pbp bloom with some ca/mg and no boosters in coco, this was a summer run where the lights off temps only got down to the low 70's

Attachments

• legend 2.jpg
    legend 2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 73
  • legend1.jpg
    legend1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 71

OBSoul33t

this next shot is a recent run in a completely different room using growmore sea grow enhanced with guanos , this was a hot summer run ..

i'll get some new pix in the next couple days of another pbp and coco run...
i am experimenting with a new grow style using low light and low nutrient .. so far using low light ,low nutes i am going to crush all previous runs in yield by a huge amount ...

Attachments

• newgardoon 061.jpg
    newgardoon 061.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 64

CannabisTHC

OBS that cut does look like it won't get as big as CC's or mine and a bit more robust calyx's. But to go along with my pic that doesn't have swollen calyxes like you say it should. Here is a swollen calyx pic of the same cut just different plant this last run. Its wild how much different the same cut can look. Even though I'm sure you know that OBS you've been growing OG for a lot longer than I have, this is for everyone else that thinks they can ID an OG so easily.

Tahoe OG cut

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please feel free to show them here. It's interesting.

I asked the guy who gave these cuts to me to stop in and give his opinion. Hopefully we will hear from him at some point.

So... Here are two SFV OG Kushes I grew. One has the popcorn calyx look, one looks more rounded and full. With even slightly different grow styles, different temps, any slight variation can cause fairly significant differences in the visual outcome of buds. The first pic looks like OBS's OGs, and the second looks like I am used to seeing my OGs turn out. Both the SFV and the "Legend" seem to go hog wild under my care, for whatever reason. I believe they are light feeders, and I feed fairly lightly... so maybe that's why they seem to bulk up so differently? It got to be something like that, because I know I have made some mis-step if my SFVs turn out like the first pic, rather than the second.

SFV "protruding calyx style":
picture.php

SFV with more bulk:
picture.php

BELIEVE IT OR NOT... THESE TWO PICS ARE OF THE SAME CLONE.

big twinn

Veteran
I totally believe it. My 818 SFV OG when grown SOG without being topped grows much like the picture #2 you posted, maybe not that huge, but super swollen none the less. It makes sense that it is able to allocate a lot more resources to one cola, versus the same plant topped many times in the same SOG set up, much closer to picture#1 you posted

Stinkymutt

Finally read this whole thing. Good to see ya posting CC , very nice work and glad your trip went so well !
Mutt

agro

Hey C.C nice stuff as always ,hit me with that kush :),just starting some kush ,caseyjones and critical,

keep safe bro

jiggywhompus

You really do her well crazy. Some big chunks you're getting on that girl. Easily one of my favorite strains in the garden.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola CC
Just wanted to comment on the TW cut you have

Pretty sure it's not the arcata Have the same one your showin and I had the arcata from dr jay

Cabron pointed it out to me and when I contacted the source he verified it was indeed not the real deal

Arcata is lemony funk. What we have as you state looks to much like a haze

And it's not near as potent as the arcata

Nspecta

Veteran
Hola CC
Just wanted to comment on the TW cut you have

Pretty sure it's not the arcata Have the same one your showin and I had the arcata from dr jay

Cabron pointed it out to me and when I contacted the source he verified it was indeed not the real deal

Arcata is lemony funk. What we have as you state looks to much like a haze

And it's not near as potent as the arcata

I'll second CBF on that...the one pic of TW didn't look like TrainWreck to me either...and I've grown the Arcata TrainWreck cut/s for going on almost 15 years now. I think I know what the "Haze" smell is and I don't think TrainWreck smells like Haze much at all. Prolly old news to you now though CC, right?

caligula

very pretty CC. Legend didn't start the OG craze, but it is indeed a very early OG and a killer one at that from what I hear. One of my good friend has grown it for quite sometime. Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts