What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedsman Mama Thai

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Ace Double Thai and Thai sticks are out of stock everywhere so the only "pure" thai I could find is SM Mama Thai. My question is does anyone have any experience with Mama Thai?... if not then does anyone know where to get a good pure Thai?

WelderDan

Veteran
I tried it. One out of 10 sprouted. It was stunted, didn't ever take off. I culled it. I suspect it was old stock. I don't think it sold that well. The few grow reports I saw seemed to indicate it wasn't a good representation. It was cheap so I wasn't all that broke up about it.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Keep looking at Real Seed Co releases... they always carry northern thai or lao genes. They were selling one not much time ago, also Red Thai, Mango Thai and Highland Thai in the past.

I remember having seen some nice pictures of the Mamma Thai years ago... it's probably the same strain as Pure Thai from The Flying Dutchmen, which leads me to think it could be the Early Thai from Sam Skunkman.

I've grown Mama Thai a few times, they finished in just over 18 weeks - but that was with switching the light to 11/13 halfway through.
They're fairly 'typical' Thais, stretchy and branchy. I put mine into 12/12 at about 8 inches and they finished about 6ft. The buds were quite fluffy and open, but still a good yield. Not a particularly strong taste on mine but a very nice trippy sativa hit. I'd recommend it if you've got the patience.

Hope that helps,
yd.

From the same grower:

gallery_16476_1915_93925.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That is an impressive yield for an indoor Thai! 18 weeks is well worth it to have a nice Thai stash! Perfect for wake and bakes! The red bull of weed lol gives me wings!

i find the truelineage of the MAMA THAI strains coz the seeds look exactly like tha ACE double thai seeds, and on the seedsman site they dont give more information on where exactly this seeds came if some one can help to find the true origins of that MAMA THAI coz i find all that a lil bit bizarre......

cote

Ace Double Thai and Thai sticks are out of stock everywhere so the only "pure" thai I could find is SM Mama Thai. My question is does anyone have any experience with Mama Thai?... if not then does anyone know where to get a good pure Thai?

I have two mama thais going right now, they don't look anything like the double thai, they are very broad leaf and stinky when you rub the stem now in veg, one is slightly purple and they both look very different from each other. I also have two wild thailand from world of seeds, they look more like a typical thai though do not look exactly like the double thai, are very branchy and have very little smell, also currently in veg. They won't be done until jan 2017 so hang in there. I will try to get some pics up this year.

cote

I call them the cabbage phones, the REAL cabbagey one smelled a lot like nothing, and the less cabbagey one smelled very intense. I will just put the remainder of my Mama Thai seeds in a salad, yum:)

W

Water-

@Cote

is it possible that you mixed up which was which or did you order single seeds and not packs?

that looks like the WOS version

Latest posts

Latest posts