What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

:tiphat: Avi..,

Are you planning on running the same medium lava ,perlite and coco?,
nice job on the DIY TOWERS,..i see it working well with lava rock plain and maybe a rez at the bottom of each..?

How many yogi cups could u fit around them
..lol..:biggrin:

pt

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup purp turt.
actually
no
this round im going with straight promix HP, perhaps a lil extra perlite. sticking to what i am most comfortable with. Last roung i bought 2 bags of "big city hydro mix" medium, at a local grow shop, not a bad medium, but if i were to do coco again would either use canna coco or NFT coco bricks (just cause i have had good experience using both mediums)
This round i figured stick with what I really use, and hp does well for me in all other applicatoins.

experimenting is fun

I've considered the rez idea, even just a 5 gallon bucket and 2 emitters per tower. on a drip line. (i guess 2 on top cup or one on top one half way down..... or just 2 on top maybe.... that would take some fiddling with to ensure not too much runoff)
perhaps ill do that for a single tower to compare a dripline feed to a hand watered tower.....
ideas....
:dunno:

if i wanted to get all sorts of crazy in there, could fit 8 towers (if i used all the same size base pots, cups and floor plan) that'd be 40 plants total.

sup purp turt.
actually
no
this round im going with straight promix HP, perhaps a lil extra perlite. sticking to what i am most comfortable with. Last roung i bought 2 bags of "big city hydro mix" medium, at a local grow shop, not a bad medium, but if i were to do coco again would either use canna coco or NFT coco bricks (just cause i have had good experience using both mediums)
This round i figured stick with what I really use, and hp does well for me in all other applicatoins.

experimenting is fun

I've considered the rez idea, even just a 5 gallon bucket and 2 emitters per tower. on a drip line. (i guess 2 on top cup or one on top one half way down..... or just 2 on top maybe.... that would take some fiddling with to ensure not too much runoff)
perhaps ill do that for a single tower to compare a dripline feed to a hand watered tower.....
ideas....
:dunno:

if i wanted to get all sorts of crazy in there, could fit 8 towers (if i used all the same size base pots, cups and floor plan) that'd be 40 plants total.

:)promixHP nothing wrong with that, stick to your guns and what you know works..

As for the rez idea how high your towers ,dont look to tall so pump won't be a problem..i dunno , got excited when i saw the towers and thought drip ebb and flow cycles with lava rock could be fun:blowbubbles: ,looks like you already got some practice with them, ..maybe try one out as a prototype ..see what its like .. you could feed it like ebb and flow cycles..i see you thought about the roots swelling and slowly down the drip from the top so yes that would be a good idea to put one half down..

Pt
:smoke out:

Jbomber79

Veteran
your thread (and yogurt cup cont) has prompted me to start looking at every container as a possible holder of organic matter. so the quest is really how much medium is needed to yield a decent product! Awesome :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
note Jbomber:
(my understanding here:)
if you are growing organic soil you need more soil to cultivate more of a micro herd, more organic matter to breakdown

if you grow w neutral medium you can grow in less medium bigger plants

just my understanding
could be wrong

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why not a driper in evry cup???

simplicity.... less is more.
dunno
maybe more emitters would help
but one of the best things about this setup is the ease of watering ALL the plants by just feeding from top plant.

but shit
more emitters may be the answer, im not super versed on drip lines and what not but have setup and used mroe than a few of them....

thanks for the input bugman, & lobsterbush also, glad ta have u tuning in!

:peacock:

Jbomber79

Veteran
I would agree and it's pretty apparent in your yogurt contest, what's the inbetween road look like/is there one?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
duno what ya mean in between road, like using some organic amendments in nuetral soil Plus salt style ferts? I will say for sure an ACT of molasses, ewc, and some mycos never hurts anything like DTW handwaterd coco or promix.... roots loveit on the regular,

Jbomber79

Veteran
indeed

indeed

Yes your on it, for me I get most of my taste out of those you mentioned that's whats up. Plus the dripper system is the way to go
especially with this project you have goin on need a little reservoir pump and timer that's it that's all. BTW Happy420 Avi-

duno what ya mean in between road, like using some organic amendments in nuetral soil Plus salt style ferts? I will say for sure an ACT of molasses, ewc, and some mycos never hurts anything like DTW handwaterd coco or promix.... roots loveit on the regular,

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flo clones in BK cups ready to go:
picture.php

picture.php

base pot plants ready to be transplanted, may try to build one tower on a 1gal base pot, i worry about stability tho.
picture.php

D

DHF

Gotta love stoner ingenuity......on the cheap ta boot.........my kinda shit.....

Keep dialin Avi.....

Peace.....Freds......:ying:.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tower assembly, round 2

tower assembly, round 2

picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Flo in a cup, ready to assemble.

picture.php

^ ^ ^ ^
plants have been in these cups about 3 weeks, chop bottom of cup off, roots hitting the bottom of cup but NOT coiling at all yet.

picture.php

^ ^ ^
stack 'em up!
used some duct tape this time around also... gots 2 keep it ghetto.

picture.php

^ ^ ^
towers have a different structure this round, all untopped plants, busicle style.... last round all plants in the cups had been topped once for more lateral branchiness. I am considering pinching the very top node of each plant from one tower, around day one of flowering, to see how they react to that.
picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jbomber - last round got an elbow right on.... from 5 towers... same design, just plants were topped and vegged a lil longer (in smaller cups then transplanted into BK stacking cups) last round. this round more like budsicles....
picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hoping to kill it this round.... 3 towers of all flo,and 3 trees: a Pink "fruity flo" (strawberry ice creamy pheno of flo x grim), a "tange", and a mystery plant.... either blu heron.... or something, its a f/n mystery.

Jbomber79

Veteran
gotta have those mysteries got one right now have no idea wtf it is! lol hope it comes off good for yA!

Latest posts

Latest posts