What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical first attempt

Hey Aero. Great looking grow you've got going on here! Are you planning to weave the plants into a screen/trellis? If not, why don't you just rotate your bushes?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Hey Aero. Great looking grow you've got going on here! Are you planning to weave the plants into a screen/trellis? If not, why don't you just rotate your bushes?

Hey thanks 007, glad you stopped by...

Rotating them is a cool idea but it seems I would have to rotate them very consistently or it might hurt the yield.

I think I am going to LST and bring as many branches into the light as I can. The ones that can't be brought into the light will get chopped. I don't want to begin trimming until they are done with the bug treatment.

Speaking of bug treatment:
I have not seen a live bug since the first dose but I am going to hit them again anyway.
So, they got their follow up visit to the dunk tank full of bug killer, hope they do as well as last time. I also added another dose to the res.

Picked up a shiny new 20 gallon rez today to replace the 5 gal bucket, I figure the extra water will make things more stable in flower when they are drinking heavy.
I am going to break the system down in 4-5 days, douche the buckets real well, and install the new 20 gal rez. I can't wait to get the water back to just nutes and no bug chems.

Last edited:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
it's been about 48 hours after the second and final bug nuking, I must say, the chems don't seem to hurt growth much, they are doing just fine.. :dance013:

Here is a pic of the them:

T

Tarus Bulbar

Id never guess you had a bug problem!! Those ladies
are lookn lush bro!! Nice Work Aero
Cheers

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
damn! they sure are bushing out!

what kinda air pump are you running now? I noticed you switched the other out..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Id never guess you had a bug problem!! Those ladies
are lookn lush bro!! Nice Work Aero
Cheers

Thanks Greenadian, just a week or so ago, my netpots were crawling with root aphids. Funny thing is, every time I dunk them and add chems to the res, they have a growth spirt, I am always expecting a day or two of a growth stall.

I may make it a practice to treat every grow early on in veg to reduce the chances of fighting bugs in flower.

what kinda air pump are you running now? I noticed you switched the other out..

Hey StealthDragon, I swapped out the commercial piston pump for 3 GH blue stone pumps, two lines per bucket and I run a cheapie 4 line into the res. I couldn't be happier with these new pumps, whisper quiet and they push alot of air.

The old air pump had a manifold feeding 8 lines, even with equal length lines and identical stones, some of the buckets were weak and others strong. That pump was also so loud you could hear it everywhere...

I may make it a practice to treat every grow early on in veg to reduce the chances of fighting bugs in flower.
I was going to ask if that would be an acceptable practice when I got to the end of this tread. Seems you've considered it already. Good job. Subscribed.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I like what you've got going.

My quick though is that the hoses between the buckets are a little short, if the ladies get big you may want to spread the buckets more to keep them away from the light and use more of the room.

Also the white controller bucket may cause some algae problems with light penetrating to the nute solution. EDIT, well it looks like that bucket has been replaced.

Sorry to hear you couldn't get 6 strong babies for a mono-crop. I hope your gals get along well in the same mix, veg looks great so chances are good.

:joint:

EDIT: I can get about 7, 10" net pots from a 50L bag; but I really think the plants like it better than the smaller ones.

Last edited:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks TexasMonster, Cameron666, nice to see you posting here.

Hydrosun, glad you stopped by, it's funny, I was taking a break from cleaning all of the buckets, extending the hoses, and putting the new rez in. Logged into IC and saw your post lol you were right!!

Also swapped the 6" floor fan for a 12", Here are some pics of the remodeled room, spread the girls out a little:

Now that the rez is back to just nutes, I plan to trim the back sides of the ladies soon, I also need to get a better fan for the corner of the room, barely fit it all in there!!!

sneakinman13

Veteran
looking very good! im thinking about hanging my 600 watt vert this time around as ive not tried it yet... i just gotta see how i feel when the time comes! ha im still under the floro's for now...

well good luck with your grow and happy farming. pce

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Looks great I think you are going to have a ton of branches in that room. Have you designed a way to keep them away from the bulb and not breaking the branches?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Looks great I think you are going to have a ton of branches in that room. Have you designed a way to keep them away from the bulb and not breaking the branches?

I sure hope I get alot of branches in there!! I think I am going to use the chicken wire on the ceiling trick with some string to tie them where they need to go.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are some beautiful bushes !!!!!! :canabis:

you better stalk up of and give them more lights too hahah

looking lovely there Aerohead

cheers

iceryder

I really like your setup. I hand water and it takes up a lot of time. Two questions for ya.. What nutrients do you use and You feed at 1.5 EC instead of .5 right?

whodair

Veteran
that bigger floor fan will get them kickin ...your vegg is lookin super tight !! i think the stretch in flower is gonna blow your mind !!

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I really like your setup. I hand water and it takes up a lot of time. Two questions for ya.. What nutrients do you use and You feed at 1.5 EC instead of .5 right?

Hey Iceryder thanks! Props for the hand watering, I always mess it up. I use GH micro and bloom per Lucas formula, sometimes cal mag.. No my EC was .5 because I was running unknowns in my water to kill bugs, I normally run very weak ferts compared to most, I don't hit 1.5 EC in full flower. It is .7 at the moment.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Those are some beautiful bushes !!!!!! :canabis:

you better stalk up of and give them more lights too hahah

looking lovely there Aerohead

cheers

Thanks Red, I think you are right about more light, time to turn the HPS on soon. I have been enjoying the CMH light in veg though, it clearly keeps them short and fat.

i think the stretch in flower is gonna blow your mind !!

I hope you are right, just not sure if I am ready, seems like it's about to get busy, I have cleared my calender to deal with the chaos!!

The bigger fan has caused an interesting thing, the hps is now swinging a constant 4" circle, it's like I got a free light mover!!

U

unthing

Looks great, digging the dual-spectrum too. Waiting for the flip anxiously :)

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man with those bushes if you could give them a cpl 1k, shit you're be sitting pretty after the harvyyy heehehe

cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts