What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SENSI SEEDS: Super Skunk

dubite

Greetings one and all,
Have in my greenhouse at the moment some Super Skunks from Sensi which I got as clones from a friend.
Read about the pheno's and I saw there are 3: one indica, one sativa and one sativa freak.
Does anyone have experience with this particular strain? Would like to have an idea which pheno I have in order to time a bit feeding and maybe to force flowering if needed.

Big load of karma for the helpers!!

Wev

SS-SS

SS-SS

Yep know her well nice Girl. 7-8weeks. Watch mould.
Med-Heavy Yield Keeps Appeal. Can Take Nutes and light as much as you got.
Makes you a little lazy after a few.

dubite

Did you ever have a run at her outside? Would like to have an idea about finishing time outdoors.

Had problems with mould last year. Hope it will not be the case this year as well...

dubite

1)The more indica of the 2 phenos. This one is the one closer to Sensi's catalog description. Faster finisher (55-60 days) than the sativa pheno, has the typical Skunk oil smell. The better producer of the phenos to me, a good resiner but not a top performer.

2)The sativa pheno, this one is more fruity and takes at least 10-15 days more than the indica pheno to ripen, the smell is still rotten/oilish but then when cured smooths out in something more fruity.

3)Freak sativa pheno. This one took something like 83 days 12/12 to be ready. Had "side fingers" on a lot of center fingers of the leaves, there's a pic that tells everything. This plants looked strange, had an indica growth pattern but sativa leaves and times...
Resined like crazy, probably just a freak variation of the sativa pheno.

Taken from cannad's grower's report.

Very interesting. I have been wanting to pick up a nice Skunk strain, and this is what I had my eyes on.. Thanks for sharing Dubite.

GFam

dubite

And a smoke report from the growreport previously posted:

"1)Potent, not too heady, Skunk. This says all.
Has a good nausea countering effect and may fit for appetite stimulation, a good smoke.

2)This pheno is very different. Very heady, sativa high, makes you wanna do things, speak and laugh. Energetic and fruity"

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My sensi super skunk finishes in 55 days got a rotten sour skunk oil smell definate indica pheno good couchlock stone and boy do i get the munchies of this strain she also loves the nutes...

picture.php

picture.php

dubite

Thank you Benji, Wev for the help so far and Guerilla Family for checking out the thread.

Here are some pics of the grow. Outdoor/Greenhouse grow. Some improvements from last year setup wise to keep the mould away. Clones came in with 4 small leaves from a bredrin on 31st of May. They were rooted on the 8th of June when I also put them into the ground. Their grow space is 2x3x2.

Here is the group on the 11th of July
picture.php

Here they are on the 26th of August before setting up the greenhouse project
picture.php

Here are the stalks from 2 out of the 3 plants out there
picture.php

picture.php

Here is a main overview and a cola a few days back:
picture.php
picture.php

Last but not least, a canopy shot!!

picture.php

Watch this thread to see how the story unfolds! :lurk:

ManoVerde

I had once indoors Sensi superskunk and I cut all 7 femelas y got within 44 to 48 days, the fastest strain ever cutted at the right moment.
I have now 2 females outdoors and look they are going to finish also earlier than most of my current outdoor.
In- and outdoor she was a good yielder of quality buds.

Peace.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Very nice!!!! let me know how the smell is, had one SS yeaaarrrsss ago and it reeked like dead animals...

dubite

@Mano Verde: is your plant very mould sensitive?

@Farmer John smell is very hard to describe. Not dead animals, but a bit repulsive and fruity at the same time.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow Dubite, those are some awsome looking plants. I'm doing 4 of Nirvana's SS outside now. Still about a month away from harv, suppose to be a 50 day flower. No problems with mold so far. It looks like you'll have a great yield. I grew this out a few years ago and it produced some extremely fat nugs, and it had an overpoweringly sweet, oh-wow flavor.

dubite

I am not really sure if I am able to give away his recipe. THC123 is more entitled, provided he is willing to do so. TK was a person that kept most things in an enclosed circle and I don't want to do anything that goes against his will.

At the moment I have 2 problems with this grow:
1. Very high humidity levels
2. Light pollution from lamp posts and a NASTY MH bulb which is used for a tennis court near by.

Thinking about covering them at night with a thick blue plastic but I am afraid I will make the humidity problems even bigger. I have no fan inside there and no electricity around to hook one up to.
What do you advise me to do?

THC123

Veteran
Of course you may give away this recipe.

Why don't you write it down dubite? I have mine on the first or second page of the outdoor topic , i am curious as to what variation you are using of his recipe.

I also got light pollution and you should def cover your plants , they can finish up to a month later cuz of this

dubite

@keke.nz: Here is the recipe that THC123 used:

"Then i put them in vegging mix for young plants :

6 liters of universal potting soil
2 liters of cocopeat
2 liters of perlite
4 spoons of lime
2 spoons of npk pellets
6 spoons of worm castings

Then after this they are transplanted in the vegging mix for more developed plants

2 liters of cocopeat
2 liters of perlite
2 spoons of lime
4-6 spoons of npk pellets
600 ml of worm casting or actisol

Then for flowering

2 liters of cocopeat
2 liters of perlite
1 spoon of lime
8-10 spoons of npk pellets
900ml of worm casting or actisol
1.5 spoon of bone meal
0.75 spoon of blood meal
0.5 spoon of Kal(but i change my npk pellets in flowering from 7-3-5 to 6-4-11 so i don't add kalium when using these pellets)"

I used everything in that recipe (different quantities) except the perlite (not so handy to take a 100l liter bag on a 1h bus ride) and the dolomite lime. What I did extra from what is written down there is that I sprinkled about once a month some MG powder at the base of the plants and a mix of bat guano and worm castings..

Covered the plants for the first time last night. Not really handy when doing it alone but I hope I will see the results soon enough.

Will be back with some pics so keep your eyes on this space.:yeahthats Only about a month till they are done so...