What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

----> Love Coco, but just cant get rite!!

G

Thanks for taking the time for your feed back guys but really how can this be too much nutes?

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/20540feeding1.jpg[img]

i have a friend that grows medicinaly (SP?) and he swears by this nute cycle...

my point: im not using all the nutes at once....

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if used in the correct way, you don't have too many products, it's just another feeding method. but one i have never used. maybe you should ask your mate to pop in here and tell you what you need to know. it's always cool to see another way of getting a grow of buds to harvest with coco.

:yes: :wave:

G

i wrote down what he wrote me on paper on this thread so i can have a better understanding of the cycle...instead of having a scibled piece of paper...

and these advance nutes are banned out of my country...so they must work!!! i dont like buying into hype...and I will have pics to show the results...negative or possitive...

PH 6.3
PPM 880

G

Resin: canna?

im using Advanced Nutrients, Botanicare, and Supernatural Brand nutrients...

G

gaiusmarius: when i grow in soil i usualy let the soil dry out (lift pot method) to know when to water....is that ok for COCO also or should I not let coco dry out?

Resin

Its probably not that your using to mush but those products are not meant to be mixed together IMO. canna nutes are designed specifically for coco again those products you are using are not meant for coco. To me that is where your problem is. I keep PH between 5.9-6.2. ppms depend on strain. Stop that nutrient mix switch to Canna nutes and your issue will go away. its that simple.

BlueHaze

Noob1- First thing first does your friend grow in coco? Never let coco dry out. It will lock out and the the whole hell will break loose. Look around and see if any one, grows coir with advanced Nutrients. See what they feeding it. If i feed my ladies what i feed them in hydro i will fry them. What works in hydro doen't work in coir. Everyone will tell you that less is better in coir. Advance nutz won't get you 2lb. There is more to that. Most important thing is Temps, Humidity and making sure everything is control within reasonable limits. Genetics!!!!!!. Co2 if everything in your room is perfect would be the last thing i'll add. I don't even use additives any more. If you feed your ladie right she will reward you. Start with the basic and increase as you go. Don't believe the hype. Stick with whats is proven.

G

I'll tag along and watch. If your friend grows in coco and that recipe works for him then let's see it. I'm with gaius and mojo and resin tho, I believe less will get you more. Oh, about this:

Botanicare Cal/MAG Plus (2 tsp per gal every watering)

Absolutely too much. Most I ever used was 1 tsp. per gallon and I've reduced that a lot in the last month. If you insist on using that much you may want to consider flushing with clearex on a weekly basis.

The rest I'll take a wait and see approach, but that's entirely too much cal/mag.

G

BlueHaze: i was being sarcastic about the 2lb per light... ;)

oldpeculiar: hes a med grower and goes out of state to get these nutes since t here banned...i figured i grow prepetualy, so i fuck up these 8 clones no biggie ;)

G

oh and as far as cal mag im using 2 TBS per 6 gal... so i need to change that...

G

oldpeculiar, good to see ya dude. Miss the other avatar though, lmfao. Can see where this one would cut down on the paperwork though, lol.

nOOb1, I'm thinking maybe my shit gets lost in all the words I write, so...

Medium:
Coco coir - coco only, nothing else

Nutes: (coco specific - if it says anything about growing in soil on the label, put it back on the shelf!)
A+B - this is your NPK grow nutes that you'll use the ENTIRE grow at varying strengths
PK 13/14 - this is your extra potassium and phosphorus boost you'll use only during bloom and only then at strategic points in 12/12
Rhizotonic - this is a root growth stimulator

Coco treatment: (helps keep the coco doing what it's supposed to and enables you to re-use the coco a couple of times, maybe)
Cannazyme

Water:
If the ec for your tap water is OK, use straight tap water
If the ec of your tap water is more than about 0.25 use half tap water and half RO (this is what I do)
Using straight RO water deprives the plant of trace minerals because they've been filtered out of RO

NEVER LET THE COCO DRY OUT!!! WATER TILL RUNOFF AT LEAST ONCE A DAY IF HAND WATERING!!! DRY COCO BETWEEN WATERINGS=SALT BUILDUP AND SICK PLANTS!!!

If you suspect burn or salt buildup or really anything at all is up with your plants, FLUSH the coco with 2-3 times the capacity of your pots using straight tap or ro water with a pH of 5.8. Then in the case of burn, reduce your nutrients and follow the flush with the reduced nutes right after the flush. If your prob was salt buildup, you weren't getting enough runoff when you watered, so start watering till you see a significant amount of runoff.

pH:
In coco use a pH of 5.8 - Your 6.3 is too high in coco!! Need to keep it between 5.2 and 6.2.

Should be as simple as the above. Anything else and your just making it hard on yourself, in my opinion.

As for the Cal-Mag+, might try what I'm gonna do with mine. Since I know what it did to my plants, I'm thinking about taking it out back and using it to kill some of the weeds I've got growing back there, lol.

Peace grobro and good luck

G

...4-8-07 week1 ( Day 2)

...4-8-07 week1 ( Day 2)

205404-8-07_week1_Day_2_.JPG

Last edited:
G

Nice, dude! We'll get em back in shape, man. Just follow my (ooops, our) lead. Read the above post every night before ya go to bed and fall asleep saying - keep coco simple, less is just right, keep coco simple, less is just right, keep coco simple...

What the fuck you talkin about losin your clones is no biggie? You know there are little kids in Africa dude who go to bed every night not stoned... nope, wrong story! Anyway that kind of talk is sacrilege around here. They're all precious in God's eyes... nope, wrong story again. Just don't say that ever again, lmao.

No shit man, it's gonna be alright. If you haven't flushed, do it now!!! And follow the above plain tap water pH 5.8 with about 5mL/gal of a coco specific NPK nute (nothing else for God's sake) and the rest we'll take care of when needed. If you've still got the Cal-Mag+ in the house, pay a friend $5 to hide it from ya and tell him not to give it back to ya even if he hears ya cryin like a baby and bangin your head against the wall, lmfao. Do these things and those plants will spin around on a dime and head back in the right direction.

I gotta get some rest and go through the day tomorrow, I and others will check ya out tomorrow.

Peace bro

BTW, post some pics of the plants now so we can see what we've got to work with. Yep, post em... even if they look like they've been nuked.

Last edited:
G

ok this is what im going to do...first get rid of the cal mag...my buddy never told me to use it....it was my idea...next i will bring my ph from my next feedings to 5.8...and ill make sure to never let the coco dry out....

im sticking to the nutes i have tho...lets just see what they could do...

as far as the clones...i have a EZ cloner...

OHH!! btw... mojo... the title of this thread is refering to my last coco grow not this one... (check pic below)...( the pic above is the new non-fucked clones from yesterday)

20540dripdrip_003.jpg

Last edited:
G

Ok Day 5 of feeding... Ph 5.8 ( no need to adjust) got rid of cal mag... ppm 880...

G

your a funny guy mojo!!

mojo said:
Nice, dude! We'll get em back in shape, man. Just follow my (ooops, our) lead. Read the above post every night before ya go to bed and fall asleep saying - keep coco simple, less is just right, keep coco simple, less is just right, keep coco simple...

What the fuck you talkin about losin your clones is no biggie? You know there are little kids in Africa dude who go to bed every night not stoned... nope, wrong story! Anyway that kind of talk is sacrilege around here. They're all precious in God's eyes... nope, wrong story again. Just don't say that ever again, lmao.

No shit man, it's gonna be alright. If you haven't flushed, do it now!!! And follow the above plain tap water pH 5.8 with about 5mL/gal of a coco specific NPK nute (nothing else for God's sake) and the rest we'll take care of when needed. If you've still got the Cal-Mag+ in the house, pay a friend $5 to hide it from ya and tell him not to give it back to ya even if he hears ya cryin like a baby and bangin your head against the wall, lmfao. Do these things and those plants will spin around on a dime and head back in the right direction.

I gotta get some rest and go through the day tomorrow, I and others will check ya out tomorrow.

Peace bro

BTW, post some pics of the plants now so we can see what we've got to work with. Yep, post em... even if they look like they've been nuked.

G

n00b1 said:
your a funny guy mojo!!

Well I keep myself amused anyway. Ok so I got everything wrong, don't know how that happened but that's good news. Wouldn't mind being wrong so much if I were stoned but I've responded to this entire thread using every single brain cell I've got so this new "plants are not fucked up" thing is a little disheartening to me..... long pause.

So these are from clones and the others were from seed and you only have trouble when you grow from seed, right? These are going great it appears. Glad to hear about the demise of the Cal-Mag+. You won't need it as long as you use tap water or at least half and half RO/tap. Lowered the pH too? That's also good news. 880ppm - that never hurt anybody, lol.

OK so these are 6 days into feeding now, right. What's the ec of your water before you add anything? And your pH is 5.8 out of the tap? Nice! If it isn't, then measure the ec before you add even the pH down. Just the water.

If you're gonna use the nutes you already have, I see the botanicare is for coco and that plus a root stimulator is all you need to be giving them right now. Probably about 3-4 mL/gal of the botanicare coco and about 2 mL/gal of the root stim cause they need to lay down a good root system.

Peace

Last edited:
G

Ok...so now what we have it straight... yah there from clone each time i get the def...lets see what happends this time...

N

Neptune

my .02

spending too much financial and mental eneergies on snake oils for your plants. get to the basics of growing, co2, temp, humidity, airflow, proper veg times, and pruning.

nutrients are nutrients, plants don't care.

Ono Nadagin

Ok, I asked about a week ago...... sorry if I didnt see the answer, but do you use RO or tap water?.... if your using Calmag with tap you should cut it out of the mix.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts