What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

----> Love Coco, but just cant get rite!!

G

New Feeding Schedual/products!

Botanicare Coco (medium, 2 gal buckers)

Advanced Nutrients Bud Blood (Once I flip 12/12 1 week 1 tsp/6gal)
Supernatural Bloom Aqua Nutrient (*Base* 1tsp per gal )
Advanced Nutrients Dr. Hornby Big Bud (weeks 2,3,4 1 tsp/6gal)
Advanced Nutrients OverDrive (week 5,6,7 2tsp/gal)
Liquid Karma (1 tsp per gal every watering (2 Tbs per 6gal)
Supernatural Superleach (week 8)

Strain: Mandala Stari (clones)

\\\ I keep getting defs..hope this change helps!~ :yoinks:

Last edited:

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
kiss.

way too much shit imo.

i use pbp grow & bloom and liquid karma and that's all i need..

G

i think ur confused..or am i?

I used LK, BASE, CAL MAG, and a phase product...not all at once?

Xtrakritical

yeah n00b, thats the formula I used when I burnt the shit out of mine!

Seedy is right, keep it simple...

My best results were also PBP and LK...with a bloom booster starting at 1/2 st and going up slowly. (no calmag, but I use tap water)

I just had to pull/cull 5 chronic cuts a few weeks in,
with black burnt out pistils (really ugly!)

I used bud blood @ 1/2 st along the usual pbp + LK 2nd week into flower
followed by a couple plain ph waterings.
then onto bud blood at 1/2 st. with pbp lk, and Bamn toast...
tried feedin just ph adjusted water before giving up...

I might have let them dry out a bit too much, but not sure that alone was the cause.
so just step up the nutes really slowly.
sucks to toss plants after rooting/veggin/ and flowering a few weeks!

Xtra

Ono Nadagin

if you are using coco and keep getting defs I would wager that even if you dont think it is the coco is drying out a bit and causing the lock out.

How often are you feeding and how well did you rinse the coco prior to growing in it

thc43

Veteran
coco nute
root booster (veg)
friendly bacteria (whole grow)
silica(half dose veg full in flower)
Pk additive (only in last weeks)

Thats all you NEED. when something goes wrong with so many additive you dont learn anything from mistake because there are too many things going on in the plant and soil.

Ok you have the coco and the nute, find a root booster like rhizotonic, and friendly bacteria. the cal mag is worth holding onto you may need if defeciency shows.

soak the coco in full strength root booster solution at 5.8ph before using, set up a res with ec 1.3 ph 5.8 (clones only) lower ec with seed. Dont let pots dry out in first two weeks keeping PH and ec stable or slightly climbing.

Once you have a few grows under your belt start to experiment with other additives, sometimes they do more harm than good if used at the wrong time..

G

20540feeding1.jpg

this is how its going to play out...I already have all the stuff needed so if I kill some clones oh well...only one way to find out...

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
KISS!

ive been havin good results with only stickin to PBP, LK, and cal-mag and even then i get a little salt buildup so a flush with clearex is needed about once a week. you definately dont want anything that is prone to salt and this may be causing some lockout. im still a newb kinda too so this is only from my recent experience. no deficiencies yet either and outstanding growth under only cfls.

Ono Nadagin

Noob1 are you using RO water as a base for your nutes? if not you do not want to be using Calmag+ unless you are exp a def.

RO'd water has had all its trace elements removed in the filtering process and most nutes dont offer enough cal/mag to replace it.... however tap water itself should have plenty

Last edited:
G

gaiusmarius: thanks!! ok so i just weighed my last 2 Klaichicara plants and off 2 plants under a 1000w w/ 2-3 weeks veg i pulled 7.5 Dry Oz's not bad for a newb....but lets see if i can get this rite!!

G

THANKS THANKS!! but they say this advanced nutes will get me 2pounds per 1000w

G

nOOb1 said:
THANKS THANKS!! but they say this advanced nutes will get me 2pounds per 1000w
Won't get you shit if you burn it up. You say "They say", are "they" gonna replace your plants?

Way too much in the nutrient department, dude. These are from seedling, 2 weeks in veg and now day 45 into 12/12 using Canna coco (no rinse before using).

A+B 6mL/gal since going into veg and continued throughout grow
PK 13/14 6mL/gal (4 day feed at two weeks into 12/12 and again at 6 weeks into 12/12)
Rhizotonic 2mL/gal (kinda hit (mostly hit) and miss when the mood struck me, hehe)
Cannazyme 5mL/gal starting after two weeks into 12/12.

White Widow at 5 feet and day 45 of 12/12

Aurora Indica at 4 feet and day 45 of 12/12

I use 50/50 RO/tap water pH 5.8 and hand water till I get about a 15%-20% runoff. Only time I got into real trouble was when I gave in to all the hype about how great it was to use cal-mag+ and started using it and straight RO. The plants got into trouble and so I flushed the shit out of them, went back to 50/50 RO/tap water and just A+B, and they were happy again. The cal-mag's gathering dust in the corner. Only keep it around so I can say I have some, I tried it and it fucked up my grow, lol.

Less is just right in coco, dude. No need to come up with an exotic recipe. Of course all this is just my opinion - and maybe a few other grower's, lol.

Seems like the only ones having trouble, if you read the threads, are the folks trying to hang onto their soil growing recipes. This ain't soil so forget all you ever thought you knew and adapt to the medium. No monkey squirt, bat shit, turtle beaks, butterfly wings, eyes of the frog, pancake syrup or croc piss needed!!!

Peace

Last edited:

Resin

canna cocco

canna cocco

If you are gonna use coco go with canna. Use canna nutes and addatives no real need for anything else to start. You may want to add pearlite but I dont. Cocco medium needs nutes designed for coco. Mixxin all that shit is gonna be the problem. follow cannas feeding schedule and you should be fine. as you get more experience with your strains and system you can fine tune the nutes for maximum results. Using any other coco and nutes besides canna you're just pulling your dick. just my opinion and experience. A little pricey but worth it.
OG kush

Wonderfuck

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yep, very good point from both mojo and Resin, not to mention very good arguments with the pics they showed, lol. but it is true keeping things simple is the way to go, in coco less is often more in terms of nutrients.

anyway, the ideal yield is approx. between 0.8 gpw and 1 gpw, anything from close to 1 gpw upwards can be considered a perfectly dialed in grow. to start with most folks will yield .5 gpw if that, specially if they have no system. it's ok though, because it's still worth it, in the end any harvest at all is a success. because it saves you wasting money on bud to smoke and it teaches you how to do better next time. too many additives given without a clear understanding of what they are for, or given at the wrong time, or at the wrong dose (which can be the recommended dose). i always tell people to start of with just the basics.

something for the roots like rhizotonic
coco A+B or similar
powerzym, hygrozym or any fucking zym including cannazym, lol.
pk 13/14 for a boost during flowering week 2 and 5.

finito, that's a great start and will allow your plants to reach their potential as long as you listen to your plants when it comes to the doses.